FLIGHT PLAN EDIT ISSUE WHEN ADDING AIRCRAFT

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Cat
Chief Pilot

FLIGHT PLAN EDIT ISSUE WHEN ADDING AIRCRAFT

Post by Cat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:22 pm

We've had this happen twice now to two different airline administrators:

Select a specific aircraft with like range to the one we want to add to our routes system (all airports). Then SELECT ALL at the bottom of the page followed by EDIT FLIGHTS. Select ADD A/C then use drop down menu to select new aircraft to add.

Result has been the edit REPLACES all existing aircraft on those routes with the aircraft selected to be added to the routes instead of adding the new aircraft to the existing list of aircraft on the routes. :shock:

Totally not cool and if airline admins do not export their master route schedule regularly they will be hosed.

I was able on both occasions to go back and copy/paste the affected flights from our most recent master export txt file into a new batch upload and put all the now missing aircraft back onto the routes in question.

[edited - new information added]
This method does however create "duplicate" flights with the same flight number for both the botched up one that only has the new aircraft and the new batch upload with the previous aircraft. It appears the only way to fix that issue is to go line by line and add the new aircraft to the main flight list and then delete the flight with the single aircraft. Our latest issue affected 954 flight routes and to do that cleanup will take just past forever it seems as one has to wait on the FSA server every time an edit is made line by line. I have yet to see where duplicated flight route numbers are an issue so I am leaving them as is for now.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: FLIGHT PLAN EDIT ISSUE WHEN ADDING AIRCRAFT

Post by joefremont » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:10 pm

I just tried to reproduce this and could not. Remember when editing routes there are three options

Set = Replace the aircraft
Add = Add the aircraft
Remove = Remove the aircraft

Could you have selected 'Set' instead of 'Add'?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:53 am

You know I have never noticed the "set" before, it is very possible, even probable the cause was simply operator error. I just tried again making sure I selected ADD A/C and everything works fine. Thanks for the clarification ... I don't know how I was missing that "set" tab.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:44 am

Were you able to restore your routes? let me know if I have to dig out the backups.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Cat
Chief Pilot

Post by Cat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:08 pm

Yup, all fixed. Every airline owner/operator should export their route master at least once a month if not at the end of every week like we do.

and yes operator error 100%. Once I paid attention to the drop down tabs and made sure ADD A/C was selected instead of default SET A/C, edit functions work as advertised. Duh chalk that one down as "blonde moment" on my part. :shock: