XP11 Crashing since 2.2.0 RC1 Install

Please report Bugs and Problems here
JasonO
Ticket Agent

XP11 Crashing since 2.2.0 RC1 Install

Post by JasonO » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Hello,

Had no real issues with the previous version of the client when using XP11 other than some false positives on some penalties regarding over speeding below Fl100 despite being well above that altitude. I therefore decided to give the new client a go, as I saw someone try that and stopped having a similar issue with that penalty.

I uninstalled the old version of FSAirlines and reinstalled the new one, ticking the XPlane 11 plugin. I selected my XP11 directory during the install process.

Now, when I boot XPlane 11 up it just states it's stopped working. I leave it just in case it's hanging trying to load something but eventually stops and say's it's just stopped working and offers me to close the program. I've checked the log and the last line just mentions the following;

Code: Select all

Loaded: H:\Games/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/PluginAdmin/64/win.xpl (xpsdk.examples.pluginadmin).
Beyond this is two line breaks but no further text.

I have tried this with the client running first and also without the client running but no difference.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit and using the 64bit version of XPlane 11 too. Any ideas folks?

Regards,
Jason
-------------------------------
PremiAir UK | CEO
🌏 www.premiair-va.uk

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: XP11 Crashing since 2.2.0 RC1 Install

Post by joefremont » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:44 pm

That's disappointing. These plugins have been nothing but trouble. For now I would recommend uninstalling/removing the fsa plugin from X-Plane, go find a copy of XPUIPC and re-install the base client without the plug-ins.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

JasonO
Ticket Agent

Post by JasonO » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:58 pm

I have seen the issues you've been having with plugin on various occasions. Have you lost any functionality using XPUIPC. Any reason why you want to use your own plugin? (Just curious really).

Anything I can do to help test anything let me know.
PremiAir UK | CEO
🌏 www.premiair-va.uk

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:48 pm

No I don't think we loose any functionality using XPUIPC, maybe some time reporting is off but that's not too important. The main reason is that right now we only have one main developer (me) and this is not my full time gig so I just don't have the time to fix everything right away. I hope to fix these problems soon but so you can continue to fly until that future date I suggest using XPUIPC and the stand alone client instead.

Be sure to get one of the later versions rather than 2.0.0.0.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

JasonO
Ticket Agent

Post by JasonO » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:29 pm

I completely understand, Joe. Appreciate the work you put into this. I'll be trying the XPUIPC method instead.
PremiAir UK | CEO
🌏 www.premiair-va.uk