X Plane 10 - Parking brake

Please report Bugs and Problems here
MikeC
Ticket Agent

X Plane 10 - Parking brake

Post by MikeC » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:06 am

I guess only Joe will be able to answer this - how do the latest client and plugin detect the position of the parking brake?

I did post a question on the subject of X Plane parking brakes 3 years ago and had no response (though FSA was in deep hibernation at that time).

The B key that is used to release and set the brakes equates to "brakes_toggle_regular", but with the Carenado C90 the parking brakes get reset at the point of lift-off and cannot then be released with the consequence that as soon as the plane touches down the client sees it as End of Flight.

Mike

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Re: X Plane 10 - Parking brake

Post by joefremont » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:05 am

So is what your saying is that on the AC you are using, the parking brake set is marked as set at touchdown?

In the beta client we are removing the parking brake penalty to de-emphasize it, but leaving it in to end the flight, I suppose we could add a configuration flag to disable end flight on parking brake. Is this with the Plugin or with normal client with XPCIPC?
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

MikeC
Ticket Agent

Post by MikeC » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:35 pm

Joe
I have a clearer understanding of what is happening by enabling Data Set 14 under Data Input & Output. This displays 3 brake settings - wbrak, lbrak & rbrak. The lbrak & rbrak report application of toe brakes. The wbrak is toggled by either the B or V keys and acts as the Parking brake.
With the Carenado aircraft - C208, B1900 and King Air C90 - wbrak is toggled on take off. I guess this is to simulate the wheels being stopped from spinning before the undercarriage is raised.
Unfortunately the V & B keys are not read after take off so the parking brake cannot be released that way.

This does only appear to be a problem with the Carenado products and shows with both the latest Client and PlugIn, and yes I am using XPCIPC.

Any thoughts about the PlugIn Nav light problem?

Mike

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:04 am

The nav light fix is just finding the time to do it, work has gotten pretty busy and I still have to do my taxes
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.