Someone got caught

Please report Bugs and Problems here
joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Someone got caught

Post by joefremont » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:29 am

Hi Flyers.

Someone on the site found and exploited a bug in the system where they used the divert flight function on a flight to generate revenue when they never even left the ground. In the course of 10 flights they amassed over 3 billion V$ which they then used to setup a leasing company.

Needless to say once it was discovered the flights were deleted (I should have marked them as cheats, I don't do that often enough) and since the airline had barely any assets left (and no other flights had been flown) we dissolved the airline.

Also needless to say we will soon have some systems in place to deal with this issue and the new client should prevent that from happening.

After finding this I ran a query and found 21 other flights since July 1 where someone did a divert and had more than 25,000,000 in revenue. I deleted all of them since right now I don't have a way to zero out the revenue and to be honest none of these other flights showed the pattern of abuse this first airline showed, so I hope you all won't feel I was being too harsh.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

flugkapitan
Flight Attendant

Re: Someone got caught

Post by flugkapitan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:13 pm

Hi Joe,

Glad you caught them. I hate it when someone tries to beat the system, and no, you were not being too harsh at all 8)

Thanks,
Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong