Fuel issue with client and FS9 -EDIT- with database

Please report Bugs and Problems here
DaveB
Flight Attendant

Fuel issue with client and FS9 -EDIT- with database

Post by DaveB » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi Team..

I've been flying one of our DH89's around for the last week or so and have noticed a number of variations in fuel load.. particularly between flights where I've ended one with say 49kg and the client has shown an initial fuel of 47kg plus 2kg in the add fuel box so I've lost 2kg before the next flight.
I've just flown Glasgow to Benbecula with a start fuel of 192kg. I didn't add fuel for this flight as the aircraft already had enough. On landing at Benbecula, both the aircraft and client showed I'd 118kg remaining with a block of 74kg. This is reflected in the flight report too. My next trip is booked from Benbecula to Tiree. The client is showing initial fuel 70kg and 48kg in the add fuel box giving me a total of 118kg. This means I've just lost 48kg in between landing, turning the engines off, closing the client, booking a new flight, adjusting the time then reopening the client.. all with the engines off.

I dunno how you feel about this but there's something obviously not right.

Sim is FS9(.1) as stated with the current verions of FSUIPC and the Client. Method of fuelling.. Simple.. a setting I've always used.

I'm either going to cancel the Benbecula (EGPL) to Tiree (EGPU) flight or let it expire as I don't feel disposed to lose 48kg. Losing a couple here and there is bad enough.

EDIT: The FSA stats show this aircraft (G-AGLE) having 118kg fuel onboard.

Regards
DaveB
CEO CBFS
Last edited by DaveB on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Re: Fuel issue with client and FS9

Post by DaveB » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Overwhelmed by the response..

I tried to run the flight again today using Simconnect/FSX this time. Everything says I have 118kg tanked except the client which is still saying 70kg.

ATB
DaveB

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:20 am

OK.. having cancelled the flight a day or so ago.. I've rebooked it again. FSA shows the aircraft has 118kg fuel onboard (correct) so I set the flight up at EGPL and opened the client. The client still reads 70kg tanked.

Meanwhile.. I'm rapidly losing interest.
ATB
DaveB

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:41 am

And finally.. I uninstalled the client software, re-downloaded it and installed it again and it still says the aircraft has 70kg tanked!

ATB
DaveB

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Cancelled the flight.. bought a ticket to GLA.. booked a flight with a different Rapide (AGHI).. and the client is reading correct. A further 3 flights in 'HI' and it's still correct.

So.. all I can show after all this is that there is a discrepancy with what the client is reading from the database for AGLE and what is in the database. The database correctly shows AGLE with 118kg tanked yet the client shows only 70kg tanked.

AGLE will remain grounded off-station until a solution is found at FSA.

ATB
DaveB

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Re: Fuel issue with client and FS9 -EDIT- with database

Post by DaveB » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:46 pm

I've just found another.

Flight CBF2824 Dyce/EGPD to Wick/EGPC.
BN2 Islander G-BLDV.
Fuel tanked:39kg
Client reported 4kg (35kg short)!!!
The flight report says it all. Initial fuel: 39kg - fuel bought 80kg - fuel departure 84kg - takeoff 83kg

It would seem that there are holes all over the database :roll: I did actually buy 80kg to leave a contingency amount in the tank after the flight. I didn't want to end up with 4kg again! :?

ATB
DaveB

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:30 pm

To whom it may concern...

Having done another couple of flights in G-BLDV.. it's fuel discrepancy appears to have gone. I suspect it's a consequence of the aircraft not being used for some time and untold database rebuilds since.

I have tried again with Rapide G-AGLE. As above.. fuel should be 118kg but the client reports 70kg. I accepted the loss (hoping the discrepancy would be written off with this flight as per the Islander) and fuelled for the flight Benbecula (EGPL) to Tiree (EGPU). The flight report on landing Tiree as follows:
Initial Fuel: 118kg - Bought 45kg - Fuel Departure 115kg - Fuel Takeoff 114kg. Fuel Touchdown 80kg - Fuel Arrival 80kg - Block 35kg.

The onward flight booked Tiree to Glasgow.. FSA showed fuel onboard 80kg. On opening the client, the client reported 67kg tanked plus 13kg in the 'add fuel' box giving a total of 80kg. It SHOULD have read fuel tanked 80kg and ZERO in the add fuel box as the engines were cut after the parking brake applied.

SO.. there is no quick fix for G-AGLE. The database is reading correct yet what the client reports is now 13kg short after one flight (note: I wrote off the 48kg owed from the last flight).

DaveB

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:32 pm

In case any of the FSA team are reading this..

In an attempt to rectify the fuel issue with AGLE myself.. I booked a flight GLA-EDI. FSA showed 69kg fuel onboard which was correct. On opening the client, it read 66kg (3kg down). I defuelled -6kg to give the client an even 60kg to follow and did the flight. FSA reported 39kg fuel remaining.

The return flight booked (EDI-GLA). FSA reported 39kg fuel onboard (correct) and on opening the client, it read 37kg.. a further drop of 2kg (client 'Fuel up' window showed 37kg tanked and 2kg in the add fuel box). I removed the 2kg from the add fuel box starting (in theory) with 37kg.

My idea was to empty the aircraft completely in the hope that the fuel discrepancy cancelled itself out and I did this. On landing GLA, I still had too much fuel onboard so I went around the airfield as many times as possible and it eventually ran dry on the stand. I applied the parking brake.

The consequences of this are that I've suffered a -15% rating hit and the airline has suffered -4.

I have rebooked a flight in AGLE. FSA reported 0kg onboard and on opening the client.. it too reports 0kg onboard. I have to admit I half expected it to read -2kg! I have since cancelled the flight now the fuel appears to be correct.

Thank you FSA for your support over the last week. Neither me or the airline would have been able to do it without you :roll:

DaveB