Airports in Google maps but not in database

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Skids
Ticket Agent

Airports in Google maps but not in database

Post by Skids » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:30 am

Morning / afternoon all,

Maybe I am reading something wrong or I am not in the right area?

I had downloaded the "Google HTLM" or whatever it is called from the FSA database and had it opened in Google Earth. There I see the routes that our Airline has in the system together with the Airports that we service. Zooming in on this map, I see small yellow/amber aircraft indicating what I believe are airports that are in the database but not as yet serviced. I had used this system of searching previously to create services to outback towns etc.

I am of the belief that these airports are in the FSAirlines database, however when I check the "Database/Airports" menu and select the country, I see that they are not listed.

I refer for example to an Airport (YYOO) Yalymboo in the upper area of South Australia. Although a small airfield, It does exist and similar to a number of other nearby "yellow /amber" aircraft on the map, is in close proximity to Lake Gairdner. I have been unable to find this or a number of others in the Airport list for the country even looking at town or alternate names.

Can some one please take the time to advise me please?

Paul S CEM FSNVA

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Airports in Google maps but not in database

Post by Konny » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi Paul,

I guess you're referring to the "export flightplan as Google Earth kml file" function. The kml file you're getting there should include all the airports you're currently serving in your schedule. I don't know which airline you belong to, but I couldn't get find any flight from or to YYOO in our database, nor could I find the airport. So I guess it is not yet in our system, but then it also shouldn't be part of the kml file.

Anyway, you can add the airport yourself under "Database -> Airports -> Add new airport". You just have to enter all the necessary data and send it in for admin review.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Skids
Ticket Agent

Re: Airports in Google maps but not in database

Post by Skids » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Hello Konny and thanks for your reply,

Yes the file I am referring to is the one you mention "Google Earth kml file".To try and explain it in simple terms, When the KML file opens in Google Earth I am presented with a map of Routes with all the coloured joining lines etc. that our Ailine has. If you can follow me, I use the ZOOM function and see small Gold/yellow/brown (whatever colour you interpret) airplane icons scattered around that have no interconnecting lines or routes. These to me are unserviced destinations of our airline. As these icons are on the downloaded kml "map", I was presuming that they are actually in the database. If I had the knowledge, I could copy a pic of them and post it here.

I am hoping that you understand what I am trying to ask?

Thanks buddy

Paul S CEM Flight Simulator Network VE