ERJ145ER CARGO CAPACITY ERROR

Please report Bugs and Problems here
VegasTim
Flight Attendant

ERJ145ER CARGO CAPACITY ERROR

Post by VegasTim » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:20 pm

FYI - The ERJ145ER is showing a cargo capacity of 12923 lbs. Just to compare, the ERJ145LR has a listed cargo capacity of 2576. I submitted a support ticket with the suggestion it be changed to 1925 which might be correcting too far the other way (too light). All the real world specs I've found say 325 cu ft. but no weight. The specs in the ops manual all say the same cargo capacity for ER LR XR. So changing the ER to match the LR in FSA is the correct solution.

Why is this a big deal? When flying default seating or 50 pax real world versions, there is no room for additional cargo and the problem doesn't exist.
--- HOWEVER ---
We fly executive interiors and with the significant reduction in pax weight, the FSA load manager is stuffing our little ER with over 9500 lbs of cargo! It makes for great profits but it is cheating as this could not happen in the real world and I would like to correct the problem. Unless the aircraft is overweight, the pilot cannot reduce the cargo weight during preflight/fueling.

Vasco Troni
Ticket Agent

Re: ERJ145ER CARGO CAPACITY ERROR

Post by Vasco Troni » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:32 pm

VegasTim wrote:Unless the aircraft is overweight, the pilot cannot reduce the cargo weight during preflight/fueling.
In my FSA client even when not on overweight, it allways shows the buttons "CHANGE" ahead of pax, cargo and fuel before hiting the final "Fly". You can allways remove cargo ;-)

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:54 am

Yeah, I see the Change button, but nothing happens if the plane is not over weight. The way it works (to the best of my understanding) is to fuel the airplane with required fuel. Then if the GTOW exceeds limits, the pilot can reduce either passengers or freight. But if the plane is within takeoff limits, the Change tabs don't seem to be "armed".

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:36 pm

If you've got a full load of pax, and appropriate fuel load there is no way to not need to reduce the amount of cargo. The weights are the maximum structural cargo weight for the aircraft from the manufacturer. While this may not be possible iwth passenger seats installed, the plane is techincally capable of carrying the load, so it is configured to do so. If you wish to restrict the cargo available for an aircraft, the easiest way to do it is setup all your flights to only have a certain amount of cargo space available (i.e. set "Restrict Cargo" to 2000 kg on all flights flown by your ERJ-145ERs in the "edit flightplan" page).

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:57 pm

Further research on Embraer website shows all ERJ145's have same cargo capacity, therefore the edit change I submitted to match the cargo to the 145LR was approved and support ticket closed with a successful resolution.

The problem was the structural cargo weight listed did not match the manufacturer. There is no such thing as an ERJ145 "freighter" capable of carrying 12923 lbs of cargo. There is just no place to put it - 325 cubic feet is the total volume of the cargo hold with a max weight of 1250 kg (2756 lbs). The passenger interior is neither stressed nor certified for air cargo operations. <Unless I have missed an aftermarket change by a third party>

Now if I have ruined someone's VA that is flying fictional ERJ145ER freighters, I sincerely apologize. Please let me know and I'll just sell/scrap my ERJ145ER, you can get the weight put back with a support ticket and I'll just buy another LR.