New ICAO Code Rule?

Please report Bugs and Problems here
CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

New ICAO Code Rule?

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue May 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Guys,

It's come to my attention that several ICAO codes have been changed to the major detriment of the network in violation of the rules that were established a long time ago that only FS9 default codes would be used in the database. Most disturbingly, WRRR has been changed to WADD.

This is causing chaos for all airlines that operate to that airport as apparently it's voided the flights instead of changing the destination to the new airport ID.

This is what we were trying to prevent by making the standard FS9. If this is no longer the case, then you guys need to PUBLICALLY announce it and make sure that the database will properly update before possibly killing thousands of flights.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Re: New ICAO Code Rule?

Post by VegasTim » Wed May 16, 2012 3:04 pm

That would explain why a pilot on Flight Simulator Network Virtual Airlines was stuck at ANYN. It was ANAU in FSA but now the airport database changed to ANYN and he was left hung out to dry in never-never land. Don't know if he got the problem fixed or not, I'm now the owner/operator of my own FSAirline.

UFO
Ticket Agent

Post by UFO » Thu May 17, 2012 12:36 am

Hi,

@Tim. Problem solved. my request to changed the data based back to ANAU was confirmed and now I am waiting for the aircraft as it's being transferred back to ANAU.
On WRRR/WADD, with the help of Rodger, flight plans are now changed to WADD.

@Chris. How should we proceed with this ICAO codes? Is FSAirline still using the FS9 codes which in many cases will not be the case in FSX.

Attached please find the new codes for info

Thanks
NEW ICAO.zip
32 new Indonesia ICAO codes.
(898 Bytes) Downloaded 329 times

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri May 18, 2012 6:40 pm

The rule has been that until multiple ICAO codes could be supported, default FS9 ICAO codes would be used for all airports. If that's still the case, I don't know, but that was what we'd agreed upon. The idea was that we were eventually going to support for FS9, FSX, and X-Plane ICAO codes (that would display based on your choice of platform in your profile) and use the "real" (i.e. current) ICAO code as the base for all airports in the database.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri May 18, 2012 8:13 pm

What Chris said still applies but one or two airport edits accidentally went through last week, where we didn't check the code in detail. Sorry for that.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:17 pm

I found a flightplan to "/" in my flightplans and so i booked the flight to find out where airport "/" was.It turned out to be WARR only in the database it has been altered to WADD.I have read the above posts and i can not find in my profile either in the Forum or the main program where i can change my preference depending on which version of MSFS i use.
I use FS9 and so the airport in my sim is WRRR but i have had to book a flight to WADD so that i can fly to WARR.I have also had to alter my flightplans to WADD so that the ACAO shows up in my flightplans. :?:
Yours Stan

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:57 pm

I agree it should not have been changed, especially for an airport being used by other airlines.

Just recently I rejected a change for an ICAO code for an airport in China. They just opened a new airport and assigned the ICAO code for the old airport to the new airport and the person making the request wanted to change the code for the old airport in our DB to a different value so the new airport could be added. We rejected that change since the airport is used by many airlines. Even if we had a way to put in alternate ICAO codes for airports, I am not sure how we would handle the situation where an ICAO code is moved from one airport to another.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:37 pm

I can see where changing an icao code from one airport to a new airport would be a problem.
I managed to do the flight from EGLL TO WADD OK,I suppose it is alright if you are aware of the change of icao as long as you book the flight to the same ICAO as is in the database,but in my simulator i still had to fly to the old ICAO of WRRR.
Yours Stan

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Joe,

While I am not sure of the particular structure behind the scenes (my assumption would be SQL of some sorts), wouldn't it be possible to create either:
A) A Cross-Ref List
B) A SQL Trigger that would update data on the back end (you might need to add a slight lookup with this option as well depending on the structure)

In my opinion, either would allow for multiple ICAO codes.

-Matt
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin