Aircraft Pax change

Please report Bugs and Problems here
MMattyK
Captain

Aircraft Pax change

Post by MMattyK » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:26 am

Morning all :)

I just booked a flight for a 737-400 standard and the pax load seems to have changed. It's now showing 189 pax instead of previous 146. Can you please look into this. It may be that many pax loads by type have been affected, looking at other aircraft types in the database, so all may need confirming.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Aircraft Pax change

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:14 am

Matt, this change was made some time ago and discussed concurent to the update of passenger classes. At that time the passenger capacities for all aircraft were updated to reflect their maximum certificated payload. Once Konrad puts out the new client and the class restrictions become active, your capacities will go back to normal or whatever you set them to.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:23 pm

Okies, I must have missed that, but thanks for the update.
Having said that I find it a little strange that a 747-400 can carry as many pax as a 737-900... still there it is.
I guess the market for 737-400 will pick up somewhat, as well as other smaller older types. Personally I think it is/was a pants idea to do this...

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:39 pm

According to both Boeing's Technical Specifications and the Type Certificate, the Emergency Exit limited capacity is 189.

See - A16WE Page 9 (near the bottom).

Also, note that the 737-900 is limited to 189 due to the lack of sufficient emergency exits capability. The 737-900ER both in the database and in real life can carry up to 215 and 200 with a yet unbuilt exit option.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:27 am

Again thanks for clarifying that, it was a question I was going to ask, along with changes in cabin crew numbers, but I am begining to warm to the idea.
The highlighted document is very interesting, detailing the maximum seating, 737-300 (149) -400 (188) -500 (140).

Might I ask, if configurations, when the client is changed, will affect individual aircraft by registration in your fleets, or aircraft types in your fleet, and also if the config will remain with the aircraft until changed by another pilot?
Will there be a time penalty for re-roll/changing configuration?
Will limiting the seats on board to below maximum allow for extra cargo space (If limiting the seats on the 737-400 to 146 for example)?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:44 pm

The system is already in place Matt, just open any individual aircraft in your fleet and you'll see the seat configuration system on the right. I would do a forum search and find the post by Joe announcing the feature or look on the front page at the news item on it. Everything's already been explained and you've been around enough to know where to look for the information.