GoAir-19
Ticket Agent

Bugged plane

Post by GoAir-19 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:22 pm

VA:GoAirUK
VA ID:15734
Name:Josh

Hi,

We've got a plane that can't be booked for some reason. There was two planes taken from EGBB-EGJJ by 2 seperate pilots. The first pilot flew plane G-AZUH from EGBB-EGJJ. The second pilot flew plane G-AOSR from EGBB-EGJJ. The first pilot used G-AOSR to fly the return leg, but the second pilot isn't able to select the plane G-AZUH, its at EGJJ, but he can't select it. I've had a look on the fleets page for that aircraft and it just has a red dot next to it. It isn't in for maintenance,or hasn't been booked by another user.

A prompt resolution would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Josh

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Re: Bugged plane

Post by alasizon » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:56 pm

The aircraft is currently grounded because the previous flight was flagged for suspicious fuel (a lower amount of fuel than it should have used according to normal figures). Once the flight has been reviewed and adjusted as needed, the aircraft will be released and you can fly it again. This is to prevent pilots from continuing to fly the aircraft in case the flight needs to be removed as it will then reset the aircraft. This doesn't seem to be the case here, it appears all that is needed is an admin adjustment of the fuel. One of the admins will get to this as soon as possible and make the changes needed. Until then, you will be unable to use the aircraft.

Enjoy your flights!

-Matt
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

GoAir-19
Ticket Agent

Post by GoAir-19 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply! Would there be a way we as an airline could stop this from happening again? Or is it just one of them things? Can't say we've come accross it before. For now i'll do as you say and wait for it to be corrected by an admin.

Cheers

Josh

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Josh,

This situation is triggered by incorrect (or possibly just extremely low fuel usage). One way to counteract this is to ensure that the models that you are using are consuming enough fuel. (I don't have the figures off hand for that particular aircraft). If every time the pilot flies a specific model the flights are being marked as a "cheat", then you can increase the fuel flow scalar in the aircraft.cfg slightly (i.e. from 1.00 to 1.07). That should help fix the problem. Obviously, the farther off you are from the correct usage, the more adjustment that is needed.

-Matt
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

GoAir-19
Ticket Agent

Post by GoAir-19 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:11 am

This is now resolved. Many thanks for your replies and suggestions Matt.

Josh