Refuelling detected - Flight aborted

Please report Bugs and Problems here
namcojr
Ticket Agent

Refuelling detected - Flight aborted

Post by namcojr » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:40 am

On my last flight from LPPT to KLAX (a "mere" 5000nm leg), while flying the MD-11 on very low fuel, the client exited when the MD-11 reconfigured the fuel crossfeed itself (as it's supposed to) claiming there has been refuelling detected.

This simply cannot be, there was no fuel added at all, only fuel shifted from one tank to another as it's perfectly normal. The flight was cancelled and now i'm back to my starting airport.

Please review this last flight, confirm there was no fuel added at all. I would like the flight approved, it was a perfect flight and took me 11 hours to complete.

Thank you,
Nuno

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Refuelling detected - Flight aborted

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:01 pm

When I was an adim, we did extensive tests of the PMDG models and the only time a problem occurs is if you open the PMDG configuration panel after the client has started. The reason for this is that the PMDG panel "adjusts" what it thinks your fuel state should be. Crossfeed operations will not cause the client to detect a change in fuel state unless PMDG has a tank that is "hidden" from the client via gauge coding.

namcojr
Ticket Agent

Post by namcojr » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:12 am

Well, that definitely didn't happen. I did open the fuel configuration/information panel of the aircraft to check fuel status, but that's IN the aircraft, not on the FSX menus. Anyway, retrying the flight... Sigh :evil:

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:41 pm

When you say "Fuel Configuration/Information Panel", is that an EFIS/MFD screen or overhead panel you're talking about or a PMDG-specific information panel? If it's some PMDG-specific panel (I don't have the MD-11 myself, the tests were done by another user), then that will be the culprit.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:03 am

Can you please send me the Client debug file? To konny@fsairlines.net

I've noticed that the fuel value in PMDG aircraft sometimes jumps up and down by more than 100kg. Maybe this is caused by transfering fuel from one tank to another, but I don't really know.

http://wiki.fsairlines.net/index.php/Debug_File
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer