There is a problem with the database please contact an Admin

Please report Bugs and Problems here
CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: There is a problem with the database please contact an A

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm sure that whomever gets the issue fixed will do something, but I can't guarantee that you'll get all your money back. One of the first things you don't do when you have a problem is cancel a flight and try to rebook it. You contact support. Because you didn't, I can't assure you of anything.

As for how I've handled it - if you want to try and do this job for a week, I'm sure I can set something up. Maybe you'll have some respect after you see the level of self-absorbed idiocy that some users exhibit repeatedly on a daily basis and how no matter how many times I try to help them and be nice about it, they don't learn/don't care. There are some users on this network whom are understanding and nice about when problems happen, but the "vocal majority" lately has been the group that's a bunch of entitled little snots that's the antithesis of what's wrong with youth today - they've been given everything and never had to earn anything and expect that when something goes wrong for it to be fixed immediately. When it doesn't - they start making threats and throwing tantrums because they didn't get their way. I wish I could show you some of the BS that people have sent us over this whole thing, but I can't - I actually believe in ethics and not releasing something sent to us in a private manner.

namcojr
Ticket Agent

Post by namcojr » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:58 pm

I know how you feel, trust me, and trust me again when i say there's absolutely no need to lose your head over it :wink:

As for the cash, if i can't get it back, oh well, i'll just fly some more. I am more worried that i have a flight booked and it might get cancelled by itself (as i can't fly it), making me lose ANOTHER $27K.

namcojr
Ticket Agent

Post by namcojr » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Yeah the flight was "unbooked" by itself and more money was withdrawn from my account. It's at -$54K now, can this be put back again please, it's really annoying when you're flying long hours to purchase an aircraft and this happens :roll:

Thank you guys.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:26 pm

Like I said, it'll be up to whomever fixes the problem to figure out how to reimburse. I can't change what's in people's wallets or remove history beyond editing flights to some extent. Refunds for flights unbooking/cancelling is something that can be done by a developer only. We left it like that for a reason - it's not a trivial thing to give a refund not related to a flight. In this case, there's a lot of refunds that will have to be given.

Most likely, what I think Konrad or Joe will do is simply "roll back" the flight database to just before the problem started. This will make the system "forget" anything that happened with reservations and that should result in refunds for all cancelled or unbooked flights, but I don't know.

namcojr
Ticket Agent

Post by namcojr » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:44 pm

Thanks Chris, i'll just hold and see what happens.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:17 am

Thanks for fixing it guys,much appreciated. :lol:
Yours Stan

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:44 am

Many thanks to the admins for their dedication and fixing the issue :)