Server Problems

Please report Bugs and Problems here
asamra
Ticket Agent

Server Problems

Post by asamra » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:26 am

i can't believe that for more than 4 hours i could not access the fsa platform because it was giving connection error, too many connections.

i have a platinum account and CEO of SUX Sunwings Express, and the platinum account should have priority to connect.

if the problem are the servers then i think that the administrators should think of changing them or update them for all the people that want to connect.

not everybody pays but .........

Stan
Chief Pilot

Re: Server Problems

Post by Stan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:52 pm

I have been having problems also,site is working very slowly.
Yours Stan

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:13 pm

While I am not sure of how the servers are set up, my guess might be that there is a small memory leak with regards to the messages pages and fleets pages. That would most likely result in the slow down that everyone is experiencing. However, there may be another explanation that Konny, Joe or Claudio may have for us. (My bets are on Joe and Konny)
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Seems to have speeded up now.
Yours Stan

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:33 pm

The problem is that we've been having spam attacks through the XML system from one of the websites that has access. I've repeatedly asked Konrad and Claudio to look into it, but haven't had any response. Until they plug the leak and stop the flood of phantom "new users" our bandwidth will continue to be badly degraded.

As for priority - it doesn't matter who has priority. Once you're in the system, we won't kick you out to let someone else on. That's how most networks work.

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:10 am

It also seems that some of this might be related to a large amount of spamming that has been happening on the Wiki recently. I am currently trying to clean it up and see what I can do about this.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Thanks Matt. I think it's just spamming in general. Unfortunately, we're a "tempting target" with our high level of activity so we have to be vigilant with it.

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:27 am

CAPFlyer wrote:Thanks Matt. I think it's just spamming in general. Unfortunately, we're a "tempting target" with our high level of activity so we have to be vigilant with it.
Sadly, the spammers are able to easily pass the captcha test on the Wiki (It isn't a very advanced one). Though I've made some changes that should slow down the Wiki spamming which in turn should speed up the overall network because of the way the Wiki uses resources.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

MadJosch
Flight Attendant

Post by MadJosch » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Couldn't connect to database server: Too many connections
It seems, the general database traffic reached its limit because this happens quite often lately.
Maybe there is need to improve the servers or at least the connection(s)?

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Thanks for the info, seems like we need to upgrade the server again, we got several reports of this kind lately.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:56 am

I have disabled the database statistics screen as this puts a pretty heavy load on the database when its used. We are looking into upgrading the server and also seeing if any wayward processes are putting too much stress on it.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

pete
Ticket Agent

Post by pete » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:48 pm

Well Thats taken all the fun out of it,and leaves no goal at the end of the month..also how do we do the awards now for the pilot of the month,i used to look at the stats

page to check on pilots hours and flights for the bonus i give my pilots at the end of the month..

regards Pete..
joefremont wrote:I have disabled the database statistics screen as this puts a pretty heavy load on the database when its used. We are looking into upgrading the server and also seeing if any wayward processes are putting too much stress on it.

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:42 pm

pete wrote:Well Thats taken all the fun out of it,and leaves no goal at the end of the month..also how do we do the awards now for the pilot of the month,i used to look at the stats
Send me a private message and I can get you the information you will need, or maybe we can open up the stats page again for a limited set of users. I need to re-write that area so it works faster.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

pete
Ticket Agent

Post by pete » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:02 am

Thanks for the quick reply Joe pm sent

Regards Pete

FR0009
Ticket Agent

Post by FR0009 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:46 pm

or maybe we can open up the stats page again for a limited set of users
CEO only maybe?