Cannot Load Main Website

Please report Bugs and Problems here
MHiles
Ticket Agent

Cannot Load Main Website

Post by MHiles » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi

For the past 2 or 3 days I have been unable to access the FSAirlines main website. The page just simply does not load. I asked a friend if he was able to access the page from his computer. He was not able to.

Is there a proplem with the main fsairlines website?

Thank you.
Michael Hiles

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Re: Cannot Load Main Website

Post by MHiles » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Hmmm, I can't access the main FSAirlines page from my iPhone as well as my Laptop dongle (both using different service providers). How odd. :(
Michael Hiles

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Just managed to access the main webpage on my iPhone but it's incredibly slow. Still can't access it on my labtop. :(
Michael Hiles

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:00 pm

I've been getting to www.fsairlines.net just fine. Never had any slowdowns. There is a 1-2 hour period every day (about 7am Eastern) when maintenance is performed on the server, but beyond that, it's never been slow to load or operate. I believe that the problem is more with where you are accessing the site from than the site itself.

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:59 am

Michael,

While it shouldn't effect anything, it might be that your cache has information from the old FSA layout that could be slowing it down. Though it does seem more like an internet connection issue rather than a FSA site issue.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi

I emptied my internet cache and cookies yet still cannot access the main FSAirlines website. The loading of the page just freezes before it loads and so I just get a blank page. I am not having any problems loading any other site I have tried.

Could I ask; is anybody else in the UK having problems accessing the main FSAirlines site?

Thank you.
Michael Hiles

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:26 pm

The only thing I can think of is it's something localized to wherever you and your friend are attempting to access from. Please also check that all of your software is up-to-date. If you're using old and out-of-date software, it can and will cause problems while browsing the internet.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:27 pm

I am in the UK and am not having any problems connecting.
Yours Stan

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi CapFlyer

If my friend and I were in the same locality then I'd think you were right, but I am in Plymouth (south-west England) and my friend is in Belfast (Northern Ireland). It's been a week now and still neither I or my friend can access the FlyNET site :(

Hi Stan.

Thanks for the reply. I guess it's not a UK problem then. Most strange. :(
Michael Hiles

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:02 pm

I dont know much about computers,but have you tried connecting by putting FSAirlines in your browser to see if you can connect any better that way.If you can you could then update your bookmark to the site.
Yours Stan

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:30 am

MHiles wrote:Hi CapFlyer

If my friend and I were in the same locality then I'd think you were right, but I am in Plymouth (south-west England) and my friend is in Belfast (Northern Ireland). It's been a week now and still neither I or my friend can access the FlyNET site :(

Hi Stan.

Thanks for the reply. I guess it's not a UK problem then. Most strange. :(
My statement made no assumption of you being in the same location. It can also be who you're accessing through. Do you both have the same internet provider or access method (i.e. wireless, cell, wired, via router, etc).

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:53 am

No, we are both using completely different service providers. This has only started happening over the past week. Before that I was able to get in with no proplems. Oh well, guess I'll have to look for another VA service. Can anybody suggest one? Thanks. :)
Michael Hiles

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:46 pm

Michael,

Have you changed anything recently on any of your systems, such as a new firewall, that could now be blocking FSAirlines.net since in the past week, I don't know of any changes that have been made to the site?
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

alemaobaiano
Captain

Post by alemaobaiano » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi Michael

Looks like you're not the only one with problems, so don't leave us just yet.

http://www.fsairlines.net/forum/viewtop ... =86&t=8422

Perhaps the details given in that post will help.

TTFN

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:58 pm

MHiles wrote:No, we are both using completely different service providers. This has only started happening over the past week. Before that I was able to get in with no proplems. Oh well, guess I'll have to look for another VA service. Can anybody suggest one? Thanks. :)
I'm sorry that you feel having a short term issue with the website is enough for you to go find somewhere else instead of working with us to solve the problem.

The next thing to do is to delete your cookies and temporary internet files because it's possible you have old or corrupt files and this is what's causing the issue.

All I can say is the issue is not with FSAirlines or our servers, but at the same time we're not just going to tell you to go elsewhere much less recommend a competitor to you.