Cannot Load Main Website

Please report Bugs and Problems here
MMattyK
Captain

Re: Cannot Load Main Website

Post by MMattyK » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 am

Was FSA down on 4th March around 3pm GMT? I was unable to access the main site, the forum or the wiki, but could access other websites.

SJDobby
Ticket Agent

Post by SJDobby » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:33 am

There was definitely something unusual going on; I was doing a flight from EGLC to LFMN yesterday (just before 11am GMT) and, while I managed to start the flight OK, when I got to LFMN it was not possible to submit the flight report as the server was not responding. [Looking at the debug.out file it appears the problem may have occurred shortly after my flight started].

I checked it was not just my PC "having a 'mare" by attempting to go to fsairlines.net on my phone, which failed. I also was not having any problems (speed/connectivity) with any other sites (including sites that I have not got "cached"). I tried at various points throughout the day to get to the site, to no avail (the last attempt was just before midnight). I noticed there were some of our U.S. cousins reporting the "FSA site is down" on a couple of forums throughout the day.
Last edited by SJDobby on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FSA Director, UK Direct Airways
http://www.planecrazy.me.uk/UKD/

Ozzy
Ticket Agent

Post by Ozzy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:13 am

I could not get to website at all during Sunday 4th March ..... But first thing this morning no problem

So whatever it was must have been fixed .... i am in the centre Of England
ImageImage

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:43 pm

We had a problem with our server yesterday which unfortunately took some time until we noticed, but it's all up running again. Sorry for the inconveniences.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:45 am

I kinda figured it was server issued so I told my pilots they had the day off and to go enjoy it.

An Administrator of a website such is this reminds me of the plumber .... They rarely get a thank you and the only time they get called is when the sink backs up!!

So for all of those who don't or won't say it .... THANK YOU for all the hours and hours of hard work that results in many more hours of pure entertainment joy for the rest of us. :)

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:18 am

I totally agree with the thank you sentiments. Can I make a suugestion, that when an event like this occurs it is put on the fornt page of the main site (news) so that all are kept up to date with issues, to reduce the number of Forum entries?

Ozzy
Ticket Agent

Post by Ozzy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:48 pm

MMattyK wrote:I totally agree with the thank you sentiments. Can I make a suugestion, that when an event like this occurs it is put on the fornt page of the main site (news) so that all are kept up to date with issues, to reduce the number of Forum entries?
OR sent an Email to the CEO's of all VA's .. so they can keep their Pilots informed
ImageImage

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Matty:

Wouldn't do much good to put it on the website page when the website is down.... :wink:

Auto email notification (if possible) would be the solution - nothing fancy, just something like: "FSAirlines.net is currently down. Our apologies. Please stand by for notification when system is back up".

Then another auto email such as: "Thank you for your patience. FSAirlines.net is now back online".

I would think this might be really easy for the skill level of FSA Administrators who do an outstanding job making FSA compatible with all the major flight simulator programs. But again, if the server is down, how does it send out the auto email? So maybe it is not possible after all.

To explain why it is down would probably just confuse the heck out of those of us who have no clue how server systems work, we only know they do and boy we sure know when they don't! :D

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:54 am

We are sorry about the interruption. As konny said we did not notice for some time as we all have family/school/work outside of FSA. If we were to hire full time IT people to monitor things we would have to charge a lot more. Sending an email saying its down would be difficult as the system that would send it out would be down also. When I got the site back up I was just relived and was monitoring things to make sure everything was working that I did not think about sending out a message. It probably would have been nice to do that so I am sorry.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 am

We all appreciate that the admins have lives outside of FSAirlines, so that isn't an issue, and we all appreciate the work that is done on the system by them to keep it operational, and running smoothly.
I don't think an email to all users would be particularly helpful, and may even trigger a 'spam' alert for isp's receiving such a large number of emails addresses under one message.
A message on the news page (in my opinion) would be visible to all users once the site is back up and available, would have been nice.
How would the admin's feel about allowing personal email addresses out for contact purposes regarding system interruptions? Perhaps limiting the address to platinum members? I know it's possible that they could be bombarded with emails, but then a message back to platinum members to say that the problem has been reported, and a follow up to say the problem has been resolved? I have no problem with making my personal email available to the admins if that would help.
Having said all that, thanks once more, for sorting the interruption quickly and efficiently. :D

bellini
Ticket Agent

Post by bellini » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:13 am

Hello.
I'm from Portugal, Azores and i had the same problem access the FSAirlines.net page for all the day.
Thing is, i was flying and at the end i couldn't upload my report flight, what i did successfully when i did the next flight.
After this i can't end any flight on my FSX and worst, my computer is crashing after 2 or 3 hours of flight. FSX crash and at the same time my computer.
I take a look at the Control Panel / "Report and Solutions" (My Vista is in Portuguese) and i saw this :

-ACARS Implementation for Microsoft Flightsimulator

Name of the problem:APPCRASH
Aplication Name:XACARS_MSFS.exe
Aplication version:2.1.0.508
Carimbo de Data/Hora da Aplicação: 4b44a10b
Name of the module fault: XACARS_MSFS.exe
Version of module in fault: 2.1.0.508
Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo com Falhas: 4b44a10b
Exception Code: 40000015
Desviation of the Exception:00066484
Version SO:6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
ID Region:2070
Aditional Infromation 1:0950
Aditional Information 2:88ebad8da862eca1ad5b1efdd9bc02ef
Aditional Information 3:4e9b
Aditional Information 4:a54ef392da93c552ea0ee6b4d356d8

Now, is this problem related to FSAirlines or it's a problem of my computer?
I would appreciate any help, since i can't finish a complete flight.
Thanks
Stay well