Client cannot find FSX on a remote PC

Please report Bugs and Problems here
namcojr
Ticket Agent

Client cannot find FSX on a remote PC

Post by namcojr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:33 am

This is basically it. Installed FSAirlines client on my laptop like i did with the IVAO client and it cannot see FSX on the other computer. I have SimConnect and the latest libraries installed on my laptop (FSAirlines PC) but NO plugins or anything on the FSX computer (Remote). Is SimConnect also required on the FSX computer, do i need to configure anything else for the client to see it?

Please forgive me if there's already a topic discussing this, i looked around and couldn't find anything nor a complete tutorial on how to do this. It might be simple, but i am not able to do it, i'm missing something here.

Any help is appreciated,

Thank you :wink:

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Re: Client cannot find FSX on a remote PC

Post by Konny » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:33 pm

I guess the reason why you couldn't find anything about this topic is that nobody did that before with the FSAirlines. I also have never tried that, but I just found a guide here:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.p ... connection

Can you maybe send me the debug file from the FSAirlines-Client so I can have a look what the error message is? To konny@fsairlines.net
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

namcojr
Ticket Agent

Post by namcojr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. I will read the guide and will report to you ASAP, as i am currently flying a 12h long haul.

Thanks again,
Nuno

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:34 pm

If you are running anything that needs a connection to FS on a separate computer, the better way to go is simply to download and install the WideFS client from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html. This is a companion software to FSUIPC that allows you to connect multiple computers to a single FS computer like you are wanting to do.

namcojr
Ticket Agent

Post by namcojr » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:03 pm

I am aware of that, but that's yet another payware addon for FS and i'm over €100 last month, so i'll pass on that for now :mrgreen:

namcojr
Ticket Agent

Post by namcojr » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:51 am

After following the tutorial, it's working. The only thing missing was the simconnect.cfg file on my Documents folder which i created, had no idea it was required. Oh well, so much the better :D

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:27 am

Cool, good to know that it's not that hard to establish a SimConnect remote connection.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer