Please report Bugs and Problems here
CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Client dropping out

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat May 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Okay, so just to backend this, I just flew a flight on my newly upgraded PC -

Windows 7
FS9/FSUIPC
Firewall(s) - ON (but properly configured to have FSUIPC, FSINN, Flight Simulator 9, and FSAirlines as allowed programs)

Flew a 7+ hour flight from Newark, NJ (KEWR), to Burbank, CA (KBUR), in a Canadair CL-44 (big turboprop). I even paused the flight for ~7 hours while I was at work (so the client was running for 14+ hours) and had no problems. Even got a landing light penalty due to the buggy manual landing light detection routine (that is definitely a bug because I got it after hitting "Shift-F9", which is the combo to open and close FSNavigator) in 2.0.8b.

So, I wonder if this problem with the crashes is that there is a conflict in the configuration of firewalls for people using Vista and 7 where they do not have FSAirlines properly configured to communicate through the Windows firewall.

aeroalexGR

Post by aeroalexGR » Mon May 09, 2011 5:53 pm

I run FS2004, with FSAirliners, and either on shortly after takeoff, or on approach it says fsairliners.exe has encountered a problem and has to close. I can't continue like this! I've installed all latest versions 3 times, and it still happens, and I haven't even completed my first log flight, so I'm doing 'free' flights' :|
Any ideas??

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon May 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Yes - roll back to version 2.0.0 as has been suggested in this thread several times.

aeroalexGR

Post by aeroalexGR » Mon May 09, 2011 8:39 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Yes - roll back to version 2.0.0 as has been suggested in this thread several times.
K then, so I will suffer landing light penalty... thanks anyway :D

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Wed May 11, 2011 7:51 am

Konny wrote:Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay, the last days were very stressful and I'm now out of country until next Wednesday and won't be able to work on the Client in that time. Thanks for all the debug files, that should help a lot. The biggest change I made was to the blackbox so one thing you can try is to completely delete the blackbox.xml in your FSAirlines folder. If that doesn't help, a rollback to the last stable release v2.0.0 until I'm able to publish a new version is probably the best.

Just for your information, I rolled back to v2.0.0 and had no issues with dropping out. As suggested in the quote above, I did reinstall v2.0.8 and deleted the blackbox.xml. Upon descent to my arrival airport the client again dropped out indicating, it seems, that the blackbox is not the cause.

Regards

Paul

aeroalexGR

Post by aeroalexGR » Wed May 11, 2011 8:08 am

OK all is working now - thanks!!

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed May 18, 2011 1:36 am

Hi guys,

I finally managed to fix few bugs and hopefully also the crash issue. Can you please try the following release and tell me if it worked for you?

http://fsairlines.net/downloads/FSAirli ... .0.8b3.exe
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Wed May 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Konny wrote:Hi guys,
tell me if it worked for you?
First flight (dur. 2.1h) - WORKED FINE! :D
Thank you very much!

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Mon May 23, 2011 11:46 am

Konny,

Thanks for this latest version "8b3", I have done 4 flights with this and had no issue with it dropping out or failing to upload. Thanks and keep up the great work

Paul " the old fart"

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Mon May 23, 2011 1:37 pm

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I'll officially publish this release soon then.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

asamra
Ticket Agent

Post by asamra » Tue May 24, 2011 6:59 am

well to me it gives fsairlines.dll error

w7 64 bits + fs9 + client plugin

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Wed May 25, 2011 1:38 am

asamra wrote:well to me it gives fsairlines.dll error

w7 64 bits + fs9 + client plugin
This is most likely because you have multiple instances of FSAirlines.dll in the Modules folder. You should check and make sure you only have one version of the dll file.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

hilli25
Ticket Agent

Post by hilli25 » Fri May 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Hello,

i have the same problem with new beta release 2.0.9b, but only 1 fsairlines.dll in the modules folder.

System:

Win7 64bit, FS9 & FSAirlines Plugin

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:07 pm

Just an update in regard to v2.0.10b. I have been making a number of flights with this client and all is still working perfectly.

Please, Please dont change this client. The only suggestion I have is a post that was placed some time ago relating to an "are you sure" option when closing the client. This would be most beneficial. It would cause grief if one accidentaly closed the client when meaning to minimise it.

Keep up the great work

Paul

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:51 pm

We've been asking for an "are you sure" button since Beta 1 and haven't gotten Konrad to do it yet.... :)

As for changes, only thing Konrad will change with 2.0.10b before release is to fix any verifiable bugs that are found. No feature changes will be made. I convinced him that we need to do more stable releases instead of spending so long on Betas and then killing ourselves when a new feature goes sideways.