Client dropping out

Please report Bugs and Problems here
UFO
Ticket Agent

Re: Client dropping out

Post by UFO » Sun May 01, 2011 6:34 am

Any progress on this issue? I am back to vs 200 which is working as it should...............

Hate to do a 1-2 hours flight and then get disconnected when using vs 208b

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sun May 01, 2011 4:37 pm

UFO wrote:Any progress on this issue? I am back to vs 200 which is working as it should...............

Hate to do a 1-2 hours flight and then get disconnected when using vs 208b
Konrad will announce as he makes progress on this issue. From the multiple debug files he has gotten, he should be able to find a cause since the amount of data that has been reported to him is relatively significant.

For many of you, please remember what Chris said:
CAPFlyer wrote:I believe we have enough reports of the problem for now. If you are continuing to have client failures, please either roll back to 2.0.8 (if you still have it) or roll back to 2.0.0. Konrad will be sure to let everyone know when he has found the issue.
Though Chris, I'd like to say that my crashes were much more predominant in 2.0.8.1 rather than 2.0.8.2 (and 2.0.8.1 was giving landing light issues but that is another thread entirely)
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun May 01, 2011 9:33 pm

I must've been living right because I never had any problems with 2.0.8b and had problems with 2.0.8b2. :)

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Quick Poll

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun May 01, 2011 9:51 pm

If everyone who's had this problem can please do me the following favor for my own edification and answer the following questions -

1) What state was your client in when you experienced the failure?
a) Open
b) Minimized to Tray (lower right)
c) Minimized to Start Bar (bottom)
d) Using In-Game Client

2) What Version/Connection of Flight Simulator were you using?
a) FS9
b) FSX with SimConnect
c) FSX with FSUIPC

You can just answer with the letter for each question. I tried to do a poll, but it'll only let me do 1 question per poll and doesn't allow the replies to be recorded so I can see which combination is the most prevalent, so I prefer to do it this way so I can compile the information faster. By finding out this information, I can not only help Konrad maybe find the issue faster, but I can also help you guys find the most useful combination to use if it's something that's isolated to one condition of the client more than another.

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sun May 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Method in which client sometimes works/sometimes crashes:

1)A
2)C

Method in which client always crashes:

1)C
2)C

Edit: I would also like to compile the following myself to see if I can deduce any possible root cause and combination(as I have a theory based on when mine have crashed and when my flights have been successful, they have all passed the simple test).

3) Did you edit your default blackbox?
a)Yes
b)No

4) Which state of flight did the crash occur at?
a)Boarding
b)Taxi
c)Take-Off
d)Climb
e)Cruise
f)Descent (up until you touch the runway)
g)Landed
h)On Block
i)I don't know because I didn't notice anything until later on in the flight/I did not receive an error message right away
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

UFO
Ticket Agent

Post by UFO » Mon May 02, 2011 12:03 am

Here is mine...........

1. d
2. b and c
3. b
4. f

Skids
Ticket Agent

Re: Client dropping out questions

Post by Skids » Mon May 02, 2011 1:06 am

My combination is the following,

1)C

2)B

3)NO , I rarely have a blackbox report generated to my knowledge, I check in the overview on the board and read " there is no blackbox report available for this flight"

4)I , With that said, Other than the few posts I have put here, where I have noticed it drop out, I have never received an error message when it dropped out, as, answered in my previous, I have the client minimised in the start bar whilst in flight.

Regards

Skids " the old fart"

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Mon May 02, 2011 10:56 am

1 - A
2 - C

UFO
Ticket Agent

Post by UFO » Mon May 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Again, my FSX after take off suddenly reboot it self and client is out, I read in the debug tex file, something about "wrong client vs 2.0.7b current vs 2.0.0"

I am still using vs 2.0.0 never downloaded and use vs 2.0.7b!

I have sent Konny the debug.text file

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Mon May 02, 2011 2:35 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Thank you for doing the flight and documenting the problem, however as I said earlier and as has been asked many times, please do not post the debug file contents here. Instead, send it to - konny at fsairlines dot net (at = @, dot = .). This removes the clutter from the forum and also ensures that Konrad sees it as soon as possible.
Capflyer, Please accept my apologies for posting the bug report. I was a little concerned when doing so with the size of the report however was not aware of the request not to post reports here. It is no doubt written somewhere in the forum but with so many topics and posts it would take near forever to have read them all.

I have uninstalled the v2.0.8b2 as it has dropped out on me again, I have no idea what else I can do to help you guys with the problem as I have sent you a number of bug reports so you should have enough information from me. i will roll back to the v2.0.0 and hopefully build up some hours and credits.

I do not know if this means anything but I have just noticed that a booked flight I had has now disappeared.

Again Apologies.

Paul

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed May 04, 2011 11:42 am

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay, the last days were very stressful and I'm now out of country until next Wednesday and won't be able to work on the Client in that time. Thanks for all the debug files, that should help a lot. The biggest change I made was to the blackbox so one thing you can try is to completely delete the blackbox.xml in your FSAirlines folder. If that doesn't help, a rollback to the last stable release v2.0.0 until I'm able to publish a new version is probably the best.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Wed May 04, 2011 3:21 pm

I got the same error with the client 2.0.0. It seems to me that's not the client ... :shock:

Is it possible that such errors can occur due to the fact that the client was not in the list of allowed programs in Windows Firewall?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed May 04, 2011 3:26 pm

FSAirlines must be allowed through the firewall, if it's not, it could be a reason for having an issue. Add it to the list of allowed programs (you can do it yourself, there are tutorials on it) and see if that fixes the problem for you.

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Wed May 04, 2011 4:35 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:FSAirlines must be allowed through the firewall, if it's not, it could be a reason for having an issue. Add it to the list of allowed programs (you can do it yourself, there are tutorials on it) and see if that fixes the problem for you.
Thanks for answer!

I added the client to the list of allowed programs, and turn on a option of compability with Win XP SP3 for client and did a wonderful flight with 2.0.8b! (duration 44 min). Tonight I will try to make more long-haul flight with 2.0.8.

I very hope that these settings will help for me to avoid stopping the client

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Sat May 07, 2011 2:14 pm

No problems at all with 2.0.8b here. Vista Home Premium/FSX Acceleration with firewall OFF. My sim computer (Dell 630i DuoCore gaming "Alienware" gaming tower) only runs FSX & associated required programs like Ultimate Traffic II, REX2 and Flight Tracker Client. No email or other business allowed on my dedicated sim computer. In fact the internet browser has never been opened on this computer. It is not allowed to get automatic Windows upgrades, I have to approve any upgrade attempts. I also defrag the hard drive on a regular basis, have FSX installed directly on the hard drive and not in Program Files/Microsoft Games. This system has over 2000 flight hours on it and I just passed 100 hours with FSAirlines and have never had a system failure. I've never had a Client drop out issue with any version of Client. I have run 2.0.0, 2.0.6b, 2.0.7b & now 2.0.8b.

All FSAirlines "business" including messages to my VA members is conducted using my other computer (Duo Core laptop) with full on McAfee protection. All aircraft and scenery downloads are done on my protected computer which also has FSX installed. Files are tested for stability and usability before being moved via USB drive to the sim computer. My dedicated Duo Core outperforms many Quad Cores that also have to do many other computing functions besides FSX. I think the gazillion cookies associated with being online a lot really slows a computer down. Try cleaning out the cookie jar and see if things run better. I whole heartedly agree on the firewall as the potential source of the problem because I have had no problems at all with 2.0.8b.

Tim D
CEM-FSNVA
FSN104