Client dropping out

Please report Bugs and Problems here
asamra
Ticket Agent

Re: Client dropping out

Post by asamra » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:41 am

hello guys

i have a W7 64bits + fs9 and it worked fine until the version of the light knob
i had to format and install recently all the mambo jumbo again and now with this version it only crashes if i use for departure airport, a default scenery of fs9, on the ad ons installed it works fine
example: LPPT-LPPR fine, tryed 3 times from LFPG(DEFAULT)- LPPT it crashes

odd isnt it??

asamra
Ticket Agent

Post by asamra » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:57 am

but there must be something else

i installed lfpg aerosoft, departure normally, flight normally, when i was 40nm to land the client crashes, after 2 hours of flight :( :( :(

hope you can solve it

BVU-951
Flight Attendant

Post by BVU-951 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:24 pm

A lot of us at BVUK are having the same problems, Just have to wait for update I suppose, untill then have to use origional cliant
Alan

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:15 pm

This issue is not limited to any one airport or region, I know I've experienced in multiple places, both add-on and default scenery.

I'm sure Konny is looking into the problem.

Though for all future posters on this topic who are having this issue, please post the following:

Client Version (Standalone via desktop or plugin via FS menu)
FS Version: (For FSX, please also indicate with SP you have installed if you know)
Operating System: (WIndows _____, _____ bit, and service pack if you know it)
When the crash occurred:

Please also send your debug back to konny@fsairlines.net so that he can understand what is happening here.

For those of you who wish to make flights, I know you would like to go back to the old client 2.0.0 because it is stable and works, however if you go back, there is less reporting on this issue and it makes the issue harder to fix as some of us who have had this problem are no longer experiencing it. So, while it may be frustrating, please try to continue to make flights with this current beta so that we can solve the problem.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:56 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Paul, the problem is, if you go back to the "Stable" version instead of continuing and helping us as requested by sending the files to Konrad, we can't find the problem to fix it. Just saying "it doesn't work, so I'm going to the one that does" makes us take 2 steps back instead of being able to move forward. 2.0.0 has a lot of problems on our side of the equation that the newer versions don't so it's in your best interest to help us find out why we're having problems with some machines and not others. I've been flying on my XP-based machine and not had the problem, so until either Konrad can replicate it on his system or get enough Debug files in to tell him what's going on, it can't get fixed and let him get on to other new features that we think everyone will benefit greatly from.
CAPFLYER, thanks for your post but I would like to clear up a little information. first and foremost I am with you regarding the beta versions. If you had read my latest post you would have read that I have had issues with this and as such had much discussion with others on here. I have been in touch with "konny" and forwarded a copy of the bug report. You will also read that I have been advised to return to the earlier version so as to assess whether there is a problem or conflict within my system. I also noted that I would report if there were any more instances with the dropping out using v2.0.0 after making a few flights. I have also lost bookings and am informed that this may be a problem with the server the client uses after it is rebooted? If I successfully log a few flights with the v2.0.0 then I will reinstall the latest version and give that another test.

Regards

Paul

RSatterf
Ticket Agent

Post by RSatterf » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure what all he has changed in the latest version, but 2.0.0 and the last beta work/worked flawlessly for me. I love features added in the betas, but I'm forced to switch to 2.0.0 or I won't get ANY flight in.

JuJu
Ticket Agent

Post by JuJu » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Hello,

I think there is a major problem with newest client 2.0.8b. It is simple the most unstable client ever ...

We suffered over 20 client colapses all togehter in last days - never happened so far ! Most of the people in the airlane go back to "old" 2.0.0 version.
I know that You need debug info to find a bug ... But it is happening in all situations mostly on approach under 10.000 ft. When someone get overspeed or lights over 10k ft it colapsed instantly (mostly Win7 64bit).

But even I suffered client colapse on my old Win XP FS9 - I did not change anything in OS/FS for a long time !

Client Version 2.0.8b Standalone via desktop
FS Version: FS9 SP1
Operating System: Win XP
When the crash occurred: just when I was on aproach after 6h of flying without any flight or overspeed mistake

I do not want to complain just send You information that there is sth wrong and it is a major problem ! 14 people can not have sth wrong in the system/FS instatntly in the same time !!!

Sorry not to provide debug file this time but I will not use this client anymore ...

Wish You good luck with fix the bug ... all the best regards for whole team,
JuJu
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:01 pm

JuJu wrote: Wish You good luck with fix the bug ... all the best regards for whole team,
+1

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:45 am

Guys,

I believe we have enough reports of the problem for now. If you are continuing to have client failures, please either roll back to 2.0.8 (if you still have it) or roll back to 2.0.0. Konrad will be sure to let everyone know when he has found the issue.

skysurfer88
Rampie

V208b Penalty crash program

Post by skysurfer88 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Hello,

Every time i have a penaly using the V208b the program have a windows crash.
I have Windowns7.
I install the later version and don´t have any problem.

EDIT: I forget i'm using the fs9

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:38 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Paul, the problem is, if you go back to the "Stable" version instead of continuing and helping us as requested by sending the files to Konrad, we can't find the problem to fix it. Just saying "it doesn't work, so I'm going to the one that does" makes us take 2 steps back instead of being able to move forward. 2.0.0 has a lot of problems on our side of the equation that the newer versions don't so it's in your best interest to help us find out why we're having problems with some machines and not others. I've been flying on my XP-based machine and not had the problem, so until either Konrad can replicate it on his system or get enough Debug files in to tell him what's going on, it can't get fixed and let him get on to other new features that we think everyone will benefit greatly from.
Hello all,

As you may have read in my previous posts, I have experienced problems with the client dropping out. To solve this problem I have been given a number of solutions to try to combat this. In the interest of working to improve this FSA client it has been suggested that I return to the stable version 2.0.0 for assessment of my system. Thereafter report my findings. This I have done and have made a number of flights without the client dropping out. I did however get the penalty for landing lights where, Turning them on just at 10,000 and checking the status of the client which reported "landing lights = true". Then for some unknown reason, at 1000 +- just as I was nearing touchdown, The penalty for landing lights not on under 10,000 was implemented. With the conflict of this version I accepted it as part of the bug.

I may have gone too far forward but I then downloaded the new version 2.0.8b2 for testing. The landing lights key combination ctrl / shift / L worked fine on my ascent through around 9,000 and the client was stable for the flight until my ATC instructions for final positioning. Now I don't know if I did the right thing however I am of the belief that the new client is designed to register the landing light "toggle" at any altitude to combat the altitude issue. I am presuming that the ctrl-shift-L combination is to be used anywhere at both ascent and descent to register the action. ( please correct me if I am wrong) and please forgive my nieavity if I am reading and interpreting the instructions incorrectly. It is stated in the instructions that this key combination is used once and the FSX readings are ignored for the rest of the flight. Am I correct then in presuming that this refers only to the ascent leg of the flight and the key combination is to be used again on descent at any altitude ( within reason) where the FSX readings are again ignored?

In any case, upon my descent to 10,000 with v2.0.8b2 and using the key combination to "toggle" the lights, my system locked and abruptly took out both the client and FSX leaving me with the windows desktop and 2 hours of flight down the drain. It also took out my FSPassengers resulting in the loss of its data.

Or is it meant to be interpreted as using the key combination only once with the ascent and descent reading ignored from then on ?

Thanks for your help

Paul " the old fart"

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun May 01, 2011 2:25 am

Paul -

As there are two different issues, let me give you two different answers.

1) If you will give me more information like what VA you fly for and your full name, I can look up the flight in question, but with 2.0.0, there are 2 penalties - 1 for landing lights above FL100 and 1 for landing lights below 1000ft AGL. I need to look and see which was generated because it's possible you got one but the text was for the other. Also, with older versions of the client, we did note an extreme delay in penalty notification at times. This is why the penalty only applies once you are above FL100 or below 1000 feet AGL (and airborne) so that anywhere between the two you can turn your landing lights off.

2) With 2.0.8b2, the "Ctrl+Shift+L" combination is only to be used if you are flying one of the 2 or 3 models that does not properly use the FS Landing Lights trigger on the model so thus does not report landing light status to FSAirlines. The use of this key combo (which is not the right combination as has been pointed out previously) fully disconnects landing light trigger monitoring until you restart the client. As such, you should use the "Ctrl-Shift-L" key combination to tell the client you have both turned on and turned off the landing lights *IF* you are using an aircraft that doesn't work properly otherwise. If the aircraft works normally and when you turn the landing lights on, the client shows "Landing Lights = True", then DON'T use that key combination.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: V208b Penalty crash program

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun May 01, 2011 2:26 am

skysurfer88 wrote:Hello,

I have Windowns7.

First, I have merged your topic with the existing one since you're reporting the same problem everyone else already has. Second, please try client 2.0.8b2 or roll back to 2.0.0 until we have the problem fully solved.

Skids
Ticket Agent

Re: V208b Penalty crash program

Post by Skids » Sun May 01, 2011 4:15 am

CAPFlyer wrote:
skysurfer88 wrote:Hello,

I have Windowns7.

First, I have merged your topic with the existing one since you're reporting the same problem everyone else already has. Second, please try client 2.0.8b2 or roll back to 2.0.0 until we have the problem fully solved.
Capflyer,
I have just this minute completed ( for the third time) my booked flight from YSSY to YPAD using the client v2.0.8b2.
The client again crashed out somewhere during my decent ( as far as i can tell as I was more concerned with ATC direction)
To recap, I am using FSX with XP SP3 and in regard to your earlier post I am with "Flight Simulator Network Virtual Airlines". The bug report is as follows;

I Hope that this is everything you need. The report does end as above.

Regards

Paul Skidmore (Pilot ID FSN148)
Last edited by CAPFlyer on Sun May 01, 2011 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Debug File (excessive post length)

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun May 01, 2011 4:18 am

Thank you for doing the flight and documenting the problem, however as I said earlier and as has been asked many times, please do not post the debug file contents here. Instead, send it to - konny at fsairlines dot net (at = @, dot = .). This removes the clutter from the forum and also ensures that Konrad sees it as soon as possible.