Client dropping out

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Skids
Ticket Agent

Client dropping out

Post by Skids » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:49 pm

This is the second time this has happened!!

Attempting to fulfill a booked flight from YPWR to YBAS, I started the client then suddenly just after takeoff it disappeared off my screen. Restarting the flight and nearing my destination it again dropped off !!!

Before asking, YES I do have the latest version of the client. Yes my system has the latest FUIPC. And the system is new!!

I did uninstall the earlier version of the client before installing the new one and yes I do have a good internet connection.

The earlier version (2.0.7b) worked fine except for the landing light issue. This new one (2.0.8b) now drops out ???

Sorry to sound negative but after nearing completion of a flight one wonders whether it is worth it. I am also running FSPassengers which runs without issue. I shudder to think what one would think if this client shut down after a 16 hour flight??

Please dont reply with technical jargon, Just in simple laymans terms. I am an "old fart" who knows very little about these programs and the technical side of things and expect these things just install without issue. A good simple installation guide and problem solving for dummies would be appreciated.

It would be a pity to have to resign from such a fun and great pass time due to these things not working as they should

Looking forward to a straight simple term answer:)

Regards

Paul

afqr2007
Ticket Agent

Re: Client dropping out

Post by afqr2007 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:20 pm

this has also happened to me on a couple of flights but on some its prefectly fine. I just thought it was a problem with my computer but now i know that it seems to be the client

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Are you using the plug-in version or standalone (The inside FS or outside of FS) version?

Also, what OS and FS version are you using?
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:44 am

alasizon wrote:Are you using the plug-in version or standalone (The inside FS or outside of FS) version?

Thankyou alasizon for the reply

Firstly, plug in or stand alone? All I know is that I downloaded the client v2.0.8b then ran it. I have no idea how it has installed or how it is running.

Secondly, I have XP with all the upgrades and FSX

Thanks in advance for any assistance

paul

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:57 am

Skids wrote:
alasizon wrote:Are you using the plug-in version or standalone (The inside FS or outside of FS) version?

Firstly, plug in or stand alone? All I know is that I downloaded the client v2.0.8b then ran it. I have no idea how it has installed or how it is running.

paul
Do you launch your FSA client by either clicking on it on the desktop or going from the start menu?

Also, on another note, it just happened to me and I'm running 2.0.8b2, a slightly different version so it looks like it isn't isolated since you, myself and Steve all seem to be having the issue.

I'm curious, as I can sort of guess as to why mine occurred, does the client usually drop out after you turn on/off the landing lights and/or incur a penalty because of the landing lights?

For instance, does it crash when you turn on the landing lights before landing or when you turn them off after departure.

Or is it crashing when you drop below 1000' AGL and your landing lights are not on?
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:11 am

alasizon wrote:
Skids wrote:

paul
Do you launch your FSA client by either clicking on it on the desktop or going from the start menu?

Also, on another note, it just happened to me and I'm running 2.0.8b2, a slightly different version so it looks like it isn't isolated since you, myself and Steve all seem to be having the issue.

I'm curious, as I can sort of guess as to why mine occurred, does the client usually drop out after you turn on/off the landing lights and/or incur a penalty because of the landing lights?

For instance, does it crash when you turn on the landing lights before landing or when you turn them off after departure.

Or is it crashing when you drop below 1000' AGL and your landing lights are not on?
Thanks Alasizon and that was a quick response:0

Again, I start the client by the start menu, and as far as when the client crashes, I didn't have any need to toggle the landing lights as I was no where near 10,000 either on ascent or descent when it crashed. I had just taken off so would have been around 1000 and on descent from at around 20,000 when it dropped out.

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:22 am

Paul,

Since I am not a developer, I'm not really all too sure about what the issue could be stemming from if it isn't the landing lights since that was the only major change in this beta. Though I suggest sending the Debug file (It can be found under My Documents/FSAirlines) as an attachment to konny@fsairlines.net

Konny and Claudio should be able to start working on a solution from that. Until then, if you are still having issues, I know that our current stable release of 2.0.0 will work for you without any problems, simply uninstall the current beta and download the stable release.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi Paul,

Instead going back to v2.0.0 you could also try to run the standalone Client (the one you start by the Desktop-Icon or by C:\Program Files\FSAirlines\FSAirlines.exe), which is more stable than plugin (the one you start by the FSX menu).
Also. when it "drops out" is there no chance getting it back using the "Show Client" field in the menu?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:05 pm

Konny wrote:Hi Paul,

Instead going back to v2.0.0 you could also try to run the standalone Client (the one you start by the Desktop-Icon or by C:\Program Files\FSAirlines\FSAirlines.exe), which is more stable than plugin (the one you start by the FSX menu).
Also. when it "drops out" is there no chance getting it back using the "Show Client" field in the menu?
Konny,

This was happening for me too using the Stand-Alone version. I managed to make some flights last night so it looks like it passed for me. I'm not sure. And looking at my debug files that I sent you, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

RSatterf
Ticket Agent

Post by RSatterf » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Same is happening with my client and FS9, except I can get no higher than 1000 feet and the client crashes. If I use the module FS9 crashes, if I use standalone, just the client crashes. I'm just a little angry that I can't make ANY flight and my bookings drop since I can't fly.

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:51 pm

RSatterf wrote:Same is happening with my client and FS9, except I can get no higher than 1000 feet and the client crashes. If I use the module FS9 crashes, if I use standalone, just the client crashes. I'm just a little angry that I can't make ANY flight and my bookings drop since I can't fly.
What OS are you using?
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

RSatterf
Ticket Agent

Post by RSatterf » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Windows 7. The previous the 2.0.6 client worked perfectly.

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:02 am

Ok so it happenned AGAIN.

I wondered whether my internet connection was playing up? Everything else looks and works fine so I doubt if it is that. I will try the method of elimination, I will try the first suggestion and go back to the "stable" version 2 and see what happens then report my findings.

thanks for the help so far guys

Paul

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:29 am

Paul, the problem is, if you go back to the "Stable" version instead of continuing and helping us as requested by sending the files to Konrad, we can't find the problem to fix it. Just saying "it doesn't work, so I'm going to the one that does" makes us take 2 steps back instead of being able to move forward. 2.0.0 has a lot of problems on our side of the equation that the newer versions don't so it's in your best interest to help us find out why we're having problems with some machines and not others. I've been flying on my XP-based machine and not had the problem, so until either Konrad can replicate it on his system or get enough Debug files in to tell him what's going on, it can't get fixed and let him get on to other new features that we think everyone will benefit greatly from.

alasizon

Post by alasizon » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:32 am

I'm starting to think this is a random isolation case based on something user side rather than client side because I haven't had the issue in a while and have been able to make flights, It seems like it could be internet related (though I know the client is capable of offline flights so I'm not quite sure how that one works)
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin