client v2.0.6b

Please report Bugs and Problems here
nh4442
Ticket Agent

client v2.0.6b

Post by nh4442 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:21 am

Hey guys I had a problem with the new beta v2.0.6 I booked a flight from KIAD-KPIT. Took off landed in KPIT and it said that I landed in the wrong airport, that I flew 159nm and landed back at KIAD plus I took off at 1658 and landed at 1657.... also with no cargo or money...

I reported my flight and hopefully it will be fixed.

Is there anyone else who is having problems?

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: client v2.0.6b

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:25 am

Well, your information doesn't give us much information. Did you close FS or hit "End Flight" in FS before ending the flight in the FSAirlines client? Did you have FS paused while ending the flight? Did you use slew or view a replay before you ended the flight in the client?

Any of these can cause the problem you had and are all stated as things not to do before ending the flight in the client on our wiki.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:26 am

Okies...
the client starts normally, but still does not upload the file after completing and ending the flight, so manual upload using the button still required. I then deleted the saved reportusing the button, which bought up the standard start up screen again. I ensured that the old fsairlines was uninstalled prior to installing the new version.
Incidentally, the blackbox events are also not being uploaded when using the upload report, as ther's nothing showing on the flight information blackbox tab regarding flaps etc... is this a potential problem causing the non automatic upload?
I'm using FS9 and Windows XP Pro, with REX and ultimate traffic as non-standard aircraft add-ons.
Incidentally, until a few days ago, when things started to happen fith the beta 2.0.5, I had been running that client with the same Flightsim setup since release with no problems.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Not showing a successful upload is different from the problem that "NH" is reporting. This is an issue that is well documented and we're actively working to figure out. I personally believe that it has to do with something in the server because about the same time that screen started showing for me personally is when we started having "blank pilot" report uploads.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:36 pm

I just tried to start Flight Tracker and got the message "You are using an older version of FSAirlines" . You are using v2.0.6b, upgrade to 2.0.0 now!
So I clicked on the upgrade button and now I have a Flight Tracker that is frozen and won't connect to FSAirlines. I unistalled everything related to FSAirlines on my simulator computer (and this is why I have two different systems!) and rebooted, then installed v2.0.6b again, but it will not connect. Internet connection is fine, tested with MSN and it came up right away. Flight Tracker says "connecting to ......" and nothing happens. All the boxes are blank except user name and password. The EXIT button is there and functional. LOG IN does nothing.... it turned to pink once and that was it.

VegasTim
Flight Attendant

Post by VegasTim » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:49 pm

OK, I just logged my sim computer into FSAirlines.net and downloaded the real new version 2.0.7 and it installed and connected just fine. I suggest to those who experience same problem with the "update" tab to uninstall and then reinstall from a fresh download available at FSAirlines.net.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:43 pm

I am using 2.07 and it is working OK.Well done guys. :D
Yours Stan

nh4442
Ticket Agent

Post by nh4442 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:33 pm

I have been using v2.0.0 and i just downloaded v2.0.7b and it keeps saying penalty"landing lights on under 10000... i havent even started flying yet. I have tried to log off and log back on but nothing seems to work. guess ill just go back to v2.0.0

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:44 am

When are you starting the client? It seems to me you're either starting the client with Flight Simulator paused (a no-no) or you're repositioning the aircraft using the slew feature and it's causing the aircraft to be airborne after starting the client (a no-no again).

nh4442
Ticket Agent

Post by nh4442 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:01 am

CAPFlyer wrote:When are you starting the client? It seems to me you're either starting the client with Flight Simulator paused (a no-no) or you're repositioning the aircraft using the slew feature and it's causing the aircraft to be airborne after starting the client (a no-no again).
i set everything up in flight sim then open up the client.... the last two flights ive used v2.0.0 and everytime after landing when i am braking I cut the engine and press period and it keeps penalixing me for overspeeding taxi... but yet im stopped... any suggestions for that??

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:12 pm

I could be wrong, but I think the overspeed taxi is 20 kts ground speed, and is set for a time period of 1 minute after touchdown, so if you exceed the speed after the 60 seconds, you get pinged. It might help if you have the options to play sounds and dispaly text in the client options at start up to try and identify the problem, as in when it occurrs.

nh4442
Ticket Agent

Post by nh4442 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:20 pm

MMattyK wrote:I could be wrong, but I think the overspeed taxi is 20 kts ground speed, and is set for a time period of 1 minute after touchdown, so if you exceed the speed after the 60 seconds, you get pinged. It might help if you have the options to play sounds and dispaly text in the client options at start up to try and identify the problem, as in when it occurrs.
ya i found that thanks.... but im still having problems with v2.0.7... everytime i use it it gives me the penalty of landing lights... everytime... i duno why... fsx isnt even started and it gives me the penalty... then i close it, set it back up before i open the client and it still gives me the penalty.... i guess ill go back to v2.0.0

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Silly questions now...

Did you unload the old client before installing the new one, and some time ago, I was having problems with an old client version, and the solution for me was to delete the debug file... which might help you out, mind you mine was almost 2Mb in size prior to deletion, as It had many flights still in it. As a side note, I tend to delete my debug file on a regular basis, of every 3 months or so.