Unable to start flight with client (v2.0.5b)

Please report Bugs and Problems here
DavidK
Ticket Agent

Unable to start flight with client (v2.0.5b)

Post by DavidK » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi,

Something odd has happened here to the FSAirlines client since my last flight yesterday evening. Instead of presenting the usual "Home", "Option", "Flight information", "Fly!" and "Exit" buttons on the lefthand side of the window, all I'm seeing is the "Exit" button and the buttons "Show saved report", "Upload saved report" and "Delete saved report" where the Home-News and Flight information text usually appears. Help!

David

FR0009
Ticket Agent

Re: Unable to start flight with client (v2.0.5b)

Post by FR0009 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Yep, these options are a little bit confusing :?
Does Somebody know how to use it in the right way?

thanks

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:36 pm

I been getting that a lot recently.Try clicking on "delete saved report" and see if that clears it.
Yours Stan

afqr2007
Ticket Agent

Post by afqr2007 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:34 pm

i also had this problem yesterday after completing a flight, then today i clicked on upload nothing happened but then i checked the website and the flight had been uploaded and all the information was correct so i just clicked on delete.

When i clicked delete all of the information on the home screen such has name, location etc vanished so i just closed and opened the client again and now it seems to be working fine again and i am now about to do a flight to see if it works fine this time

afqr2007
Ticket Agent

Post by afqr2007 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:03 pm

having just completed the flight the same messages and links are coming up has before, very weird

DavidK
Ticket Agent

Post by DavidK » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:51 am

Thanks, everyone, for letting me know I'm not the only person experiencing this!
Stan wrote:I been getting that a lot recently.Try clicking on "delete saved report" and see if that clears it.
I thought this would delete my most recent flight, but went ahead anyway and it seems to work -- i.e. it doesn't seem to've deleted the flight and the client then worked for the next flight. So, thanks, Stan, for the suggestion. I'll now try another flight and see if this "deletion" works again.

The appearance of these "Show/Upload/Delete saved report" buttons in place of the usual ones suggest there's a new feature having teething problems..?

David

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:48 am

The "delete saved report" is for the one saved by the client.

We recognize there is an issue and are looking into what is causing it. We will let everyone know either via the forum or the website front page when we find the source.

In the meantime, any occasion in which you receive this notification, please just check the website to make sure the flight has uploaded and then if it has delete the report. DO NOT upload the saved report unless it did not upload. Doing so will cause a duplicate flight in the database which will only create more problems.

IF your flight shows up in the system without a name attached, DO NOT re-upload the flight. Simply mark the flight for review and tell us you were the pilot for the flight. Once we get this figured out, we will make sure that all flights have the right person assigned. In the meantime, you and your plane should still arrive at the destination just fine so you can continue flying.

DavidK
Ticket Agent

Post by DavidK » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:33 am

Thanks for the what-to-do, CAPFlyer. Have now followed it a couple of times and all seems well.

David

DavidK
Ticket Agent

Back to the "Wrong Version" client page

Post by DavidK » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Just booked another flight, but, on running the FSA client, I was given the "Wrong Version" message again ("You are using an old version of FSAirlines"). No sign of any fsairlines.dll anywhere. I was going to try reinstalling the client, but is there anything I should try before or instead?

David

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:47 pm

We disabled use of 2.0.5b, please use 2.0.0
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

DavidK
Ticket Agent

Post by DavidK » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:23 am

Roger that, Joe -- will do.

David

Vjacheslav
Flight Attendant

Post by Vjacheslav » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:10 pm

joefremont wrote:We disabled use of 2.0.5b, please use 2.0.0
Tonight I'm again seen this screen ("Show/Upload/Delete saved report") in 2.0.0, but yesterday I'm normaly upload to server my last flight with 2.0.0 version :(

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:40 am

I've been getting it too and we're discussing it more between the staff. We are trying to figure out where the problem is originating from because I'm not entirely convinced that it's the client causing the problem.

asamra
Ticket Agent

Post by asamra » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:23 pm

one more thing

it happened twice today with me

im logged in with erverything working fine, ill do the flight and land, but after landing the fsa still thinks im flying and dont close the client for save the flight

any help?

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:13 pm

While I'm sure it has been discussed more on the staff side, I'm wondering if the issue is with the landing detection as I seem to recall (I may very well be wrong) that Konny was making a slight change to it.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin