Unable to start flight with client (v2.0.5b)

Please report Bugs and Problems here
MMattyK
Captain

Re: Unable to start flight with client (v2.0.5b)

Post by MMattyK » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:23 pm

Just a quick note with some good news... a new beta client 2.0.7b has been released and seems to be oprerating as expected :)
The client closes correctly at the end of the flight without having to use the view/upload/delete report buttons, and the flight blackbox info is also being recorded on the database as well.
Well done guys :)

DavidK
Ticket Agent

Post by DavidK » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Thanks, MMattyK -- I've just completed a flight with 2.0.7b and all seems well. Thumbs-up Konny and FSA.

David

DavidK
Ticket Agent

Post by DavidK » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:30 am

Update: After my most recent flight, my Internet connection was lost and so the v2.0.7b client wasn't able to upload the flight report. Once the connection was restored and I ran the client again, however, the three show/upload/delete buttons appeared and so I was able to upload the report. Great!

For the sake of new users or users yet to experience an upload problem, I recommend putting some text along the lines of "Your most recent flight report could not be uploaded to the FSAirlines website. Please try again using the "Upload report" button below." (I don't think there's a need to include "saved" in the description and names of the buttons.)

David

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Tue May 10, 2011 3:15 pm

DavidK wrote:Hi,

Something odd has happened here to the FSAirlines client since my last flight yesterday evening. Instead of presenting the usual "Home", "Option", "Flight information", "Fly!" and "Exit" buttons on the lefthand side of the window, all I'm seeing is the "Exit" button and the buttons "Show saved report", "Upload saved report" and "Delete saved report" where the Home-News and Flight information text usually appears. Help!

David
With rolling back to the v2.0.0 and no prior issue, I am also now finding that this problem is occurring to me. It has happenned a number of times just recently with attempting to upload the saved report ( with no success according to the client), I checked the board and found that it had been uploaded. Therefore I have been deleting the saved reports and continuing on.

Th flight that I have just completed from YBCG to YPAD gave me the other problem, after being advised I was good to go, upon landing at YPAD the client did not acknowledge that I had landed. In the top left of the client was the destination airport code of YPAD so I assumed that i had been recorded as arrival. Checking the booked flight page on FSA I saw that the flight I just completed was still at the booked stage.

This seems to be a mirror of the comment posted earlier and wonder if the same "bug" is in play?

Regards

Paul

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue May 10, 2011 3:58 pm

There have been some on-and-off communication problems going on with the server that can cause this problem if you loose the server connection at the wrong time during the process. Typically, as long as you can get to the "Upload saved report" then it's probably gone through, but it's not 100%.

Sadly 2.0.0 was not our best "stable" release and thus why we fairly quickly started putting out BETA's. Unfortunately, I don't have the access to roll us back to 2.0.7b which was our best and most stable BETA and what we really should be using right now because it didn't have any of the issues 2.0.0 or 2.0.8b had.