Diverted flight blocking pilot

Please report Bugs and Problems here
MOW
Flight Attendant

Diverted flight blocking pilot

Post by MOW » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Please, feel free to change the subject of this topic is not enough relevant.

I have got a problem since the day I diverted a flight because of a FSP engine failure. It is something happening oftenly that have never causes a trouble before and I 'm used to apply the procedure after the landing to continue the FSA booked flight.

But this time, something ran wrong. I submit a ticket, thru a request for flight review and Christopher has taken time to study the concern and to answer me. I think he has transmitted the information to Konrad.

Nevertheless, I decided to open this topic because this trouble could happened to someone else, and because I'm now enable to book a flight.

This image could explain the trouble :

As you can see, the current flight booked is going from the Airport where I diverted my GGOV-FPST flight (DIAP) to... nowhere. And, more, the timeschedule is clearly not good as the "ticket" not filled with information.

To help you, I tried to remind the sequence I followed. Here it is:

1/I diverted the flight and landed in DIAP. But, like I had an networks failure, there was no automatic report to FSA site. I switch off all.

2/The day after, I LOGIN on FSA site and then I realize the flight was not taken in account. I reminded the internet failure the day before, so I made a manual UPLOAD REPORT by clicking on the button.

3/Then the flight appeared and when I started the client and clicked on "fly" (should have loaded an automatic flightplan), the client was saying "no flight booked".

4/I shifted to FSA again and created a route from DIAP to FNLU. Having updated the client version, I supposed that the DIVERT procedure could have changed and that I should have to book a new flight. But of course, I was wrong. And when I requested a flightplan, I was not able do it because there was a flightplan yet in memory (strange one, but in memory :D ).

5/In the same time, like my pilot and the plane where not blocked, I sent them to my destination, in order to see if it could solve the trouble. It did not.

6/I waited two days to see if, not flying the booked strange flight, it could automatically cancelled it. It did not.

7/I tried then to cancel my flight booked, but it is not possible.

And here I am, trying to submit you the trouble.

As I'm understanding the all sequence, I will propose you two deductions:

- the initial problem occured because of the "manual" UPLOAD of the report. It possible that, when the flight is diverted, there is a problem if you report manually.

- the problem could have worsened because of my "human" manipulation, trying to solve the concern, and in fact worsening everything.

While trying to solve this issue mainly in checking if the initial problem is due to a bug, could you, at least, unblock me ? I love Africa, but DIAP is not a good place currently ! :wink:

Thk.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Diverted flight blocking pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:13 am

I will say this as I said in the FSA Integration Forum -

This is the holidays and we are all busy with our families right now. Please be patient. You submitted a support ticket on this issue and it will be handled once a developer can get on and has time to make the manual modifications to the database required to resolve the situation. Until then, we ask that you be patient.