What's going on!

Please report Bugs and Problems here
G-Alex
Ticket Agent

What's going on!

Post by G-Alex » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Hello Everyone,
I have a few issue's.
Firstly Why is it you can actually book A flight for a Cessna182.
Then proceed to your Flight simulator Mine is 2004, Then go to FSairlines Client Setup your Flight, Click fly.
Go back to sim Then take off in a Bell206 And the Flight Goes ahead Without any Penalty's or Nothing.
I can remeber When you had to fly the correct type of aircraft as The Flightplan Indicated.
Also why was the 15 minutes early or late penalty Stopped?

Thanks
Alex

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: What's going on!

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:12 am

There was never a penalty for 15 minutes early or late except on the integration pack and that had no effect on your rating. Second, if you're able to change aircraft in Flight Sim after starting the client, I'd like to know how as would Konny because if I try to open the menu that contains the ability to change aircraft after the client has been started, it grays out and I can't select it.

G-Alex
Ticket Agent

Post by G-Alex » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:51 am

Sorry maybe you misunderstood me,
I noticed a couple of pilots had booked a flight using the AN124, But actually flew Using the AN225 Not on purpose Was a mistake on the pilot's Part.
Then last night another one of our pilots said she had done similar thing.
So what i did I had my Flight sim running Sitting at EGPH, In a Bell 206.
To test if this had been correct about pilots booking one flight but using a different Aircraft.
I then Proceeded to Book A flight Which was solely for the Cessna 182, I added Any amount of fuel, Then i Clicked on Fly.
Minimized the Client as i always do, Went back to flight sim And took off in my Bell 206 but the Booked flight was for a Cessna!

How is that Possible, I thought the Client was meant to check Aircraft On startup.

My first Two Items in The menu in Flight sim Also grey out after i have Set the Client to Fly.

Alex

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Which client version are you using?

G-Alex
Ticket Agent

Post by G-Alex » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:40 pm

I'm using Client V2.0.2b.

Alex

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:56 am

Well, at the beginning of the flight the Client checks the weight of the aircraft, and if the weight is within limits you can use that aircraft. So probably the Bell206 weight profile is similar to the Cessna 182. As the fuel consumption mainly depends on the weight this is a good measurement I think, also in this case it doesn't really work out because the Bell is a helicopter. But there's an additional check at the end of the flight where the amount of burned fuel is compared to other flights with the same aircraft.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

G-Alex
Ticket Agent

Post by G-Alex » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:26 pm

Well thats what i thought about all the checks the client must do, But surely to book a Flight for a AN124 and Actually Fly the AN225 And Complete the flight with no problems, something is wrong somewhere?

Thanks For responses

Alex

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:55 am

I just checked the code and actually you can always fly a heavier plane than you booked. Guess this comes from the cheat detection point of view where it's just important that you don't make more profit than you could with your booked airplane. If you take a bigger plane you will just burn more fuel but PAX and cargo stay the same.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

G-Alex
Ticket Agent

Post by G-Alex » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi Konny
Thanks for looking into it for me, Glad i know why was happening, as i thought was something we had done.

thanks for all the help

Regards
Alex