Antonov 225 cheat flights

Please report Bugs and Problems here
ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Antonov 225 cheat flights

Post by ep-irl » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:46 am

i know this is been talked about before, but can someone give me the correct instructions for fuel scalar for tom225x.zip (avsim.com) and tom124x.zip aircraft.cfg
to stop flights been flagged as cheats
thanks
ps i have been using a value of 1.0 is this correct for both aircraft?

hezza
Captain

Re: Antonov 225 cheat flights

Post by hezza » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:41 pm

See this topic for 124, dont know if its the same for 225 though.

http://www.fsairlines.net/forum/viewtop ... f=5&t=4675

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:22 pm

Should change it to 1.711.
Yours Stan

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:54 am

The topic linked above is DIRECTLY LINKED from the big news item on the first page as well. This is why reading the NEWS on the front page is important.

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Post by ep-irl » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:38 pm

thanks you all for your replies, so (please correct me if im wrong)

the Antonov 124 (and NOT the Antonov 225) which is the link in this thread states that:

fuel_flow_scalar=1.711

it doesn't mention anthing about the 225 ANYWHERE in the thread.

when i search your Forum, i dont see a "NEWS" section
when i search for the word "225" or "antonov 225 "or "fuel_flow_scalar=1.711" i dont see any CLEAR thread what mention that figure.

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:44 pm

The AN225 needs to be 1.711 also.
Yours Stan

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:38 am

There isn't a "News" section in the forum - it's on the (as I said before) FRONT PAGE OF THE WEBSITE (can't be much clearer than that) -

http://www.fsairlines.net

If you're not looking at it occasionally, then you're not doing your basic due diligence as a CEO. It's that simple.

Here's a picture of EXACTLY what I'm talking about and EXACTLY where it says the AN-225 is included -

hezza
Captain

Post by hezza » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:58 pm

The AN225 needs to be 1.711 also.
Thanks Stan, that is useful. :)

Shame that some administrators would rather jump into criticism than read the question posed.
As pointed out, in the thread linked to, and nowhere else in the forum, was there any information on this issue for the AN225.

Is it not so much easier to write that the fuel scalar should be 1.711 or higher for both aircraft types than waste time telling people to search for stuff which doesn't exist?

Lets at least try to help guys.

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Post by ep-irl » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:43 pm

thanks hezza,

btw im not a CEO
(i was thinking about becoming a premium member, but im having second thoughts)

btw the word "WEBSITE" was never used just the word "PAGE"

btw the front page of the website does mention AN225, i give you that, but links back to the thread about the An124

btw, im bored with this thread. lol.

btw , i would like this thread locked, and made into a sticky so other people dont have to ask the same question as i did and get SHOUTED at by Admin.

Btw Capflyer, i must commend you for going to great length in going to the front page of the website ,saving it as an image and attaching it to this thread. Well done.
However all that time and effort could have been avoided if you wrote this following line:
“please search for the following line in the aircraft.cfg file for the Antonov 255
“fuel_flow_scalar=” and change the numbers at the end to “fuel_flow_scalar =1.711”

Thank you for your post.

Admin.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:19 am

How about you use the SEARCH FUNCTION in the future because there is a thread that SPECIFICALLY addresses the AN-225 and my statement of its need to be adjusted the same as the AN-124. All I did was search "an225 fuel" in the upper right.

http://www.fsairlines.net/forum/viewtop ... t=225+fuel

Also found with that search -

http://www.fsairlines.net/forum/viewtop ... uel#p35681

I'm sorry, but maybe I just have an unjustified believe that people around here have a basic level of intelligence and common sense to be able to make basic connections like what is referenced on the front page and actually use the search function occasionally and not think that somehow they're the first one to EVER encounter a problem. I've only had to mark several dozen AN-225 flights in the last 3 weeks as cheated because people can't read the front page of the website, so I'm sorry if I'm a bit testy when people come on here and wonder why they're being marked when the flight report shows clearly why it was marked.

I'm also sorry that I must be so specific since apparently it's not a reasonable conclusion to believe that "front page" is interpreted by users as being the front page of the website which they all have been to at least once and that they actually pay attention to what's been the main news item for 5 months.

I guess I have to lower my standards and start treating you all like 6 year olds?

ep-irl
Ticket Agent

Post by ep-irl » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:53 am

CAPFlyer wrote:I've only had to mark several dozen AN-225 flights in the last 3 weeks as cheated
doesnt this tell you something?

if the information on how to change the aircraft.cfg was available as a sticky on the forum's
(which is what where talking on afterall, not the main page of the website)

then it would clear this thing up once and for all.

i did a search , which i mentioned in #5 of this thread and found NOTHING , except this thread
which mentions how to fix this "so called" problem with the 225.

The news section on the main page also mentions nothing about how to fix the problem with the 225, maybe full instructions on changing the aircraft.cfg should be put into the linked thread
and change the name of the thread to include the 225 as well as 124.

To be honest with you Capflyer, if i was another admin of FSA reading this post i would be appalled at the way you have replied to this thread. I’m not going to lower myself by responding to your comments about members acting like 6 year olds or lacking in intelligence. I made this thread because a couple of the VA flights where flagged as cheats, i read the front page, clicked on the link provided and was given a thread for the 124, which is a smaller plane with 4 engines and therefore maybe the fuel scalar is different for the larger 225 with 6 engines. So i search for a clear thread which would give me instructions on how to change the aircraft.cfg file for the 225, there is none. But Capflyer chose to shout at me, which ive read somewhere in the forums is not tolerated by admin (what a joke), and act in a manner that is not very professional.

This whole thread prompts another question, why do we have to change the aircraft.cfg in the first place? When other flight tracker programmes have no issue with this same aircraft?
I might not have the same intelligence as say a database manager, but it does seem like a very simple question?, i wonder will Capflyer be able to answer that one without shouting at me or calling me names?

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:22 pm

It needs to be changed to give the aircraft the correct range with a full load of cargo which is just a little over 3900 miles.
If the change is not made the AN225 will have a range of about 9000+ miles which is not right.
Yours Stan