Aircraft Prices

Please report Bugs and Problems here
j4cko56
Flight Attendant

Aircraft Prices

Post by j4cko56 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:29 pm

Could some of the aircraft prices be revised? The 4 im meaning are the Il-86/96, wikipedia claims a price of $40-50 million, on FSA its over double that, but prices for other aircraft like the A380 are the same on FSA and other sources.

Would love it if the prices were dropped to the stated prices.

Jack Lindley - CEO, Legacair Virtual Airlines
ImageImage
http://legacair-virtual.tk/
CEO, Legacair Virtual Airlines

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Aircraft Prices

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:55 am

First, you have to take Wiki with a huge grain of salt on a lot of things, especially prices, as there's no verification system to edits. I've found several aircraft that list the "green" price for the airplane (i.e. just the plane, no paint, no interior) which is much lower than the actual price of purchasing one fitted and ready to go. I used to have a good website that tracked the price of most of the popular aircraft on the market (used and new), but it's closed now and so I'm still looking for a reliable source that lists prices for aircraft, especially ones from the former Eastern Bloc like the ones you mention.

MMattyK
Captain

Post by MMattyK » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:18 am

When Farborough comes araound again, I'll pop into the trade stands and ask for a price list from the reps...

j4cko56
Flight Attendant

Post by j4cko56 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:16 pm

No problemo, im gonna get the IL-96 back in service again, i miss flying them to much, they were easily the pride of the fleet but a while ago i decided to sell them in order to make way for the 777. But i miss them to much, and will prob get another few -400s and get the -300 instead of the A330. Thanks for replying :D

Jack Lindley - CEO, Legacair Virtual Airlines
ImageImage
http://legacair-virtual.tk/
CEO, Legacair Virtual Airlines