Overspeed under FL100 FSA vs Realworld weather

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Sterretje
Ticket Agent

Overspeed under FL100 FSA vs Realworld weather

Post by Sterretje » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:28 pm

This is the second time i'm gonna get my flight rated 95%, because of a real world weather update suddenly changing from tailwind to headwind, thus changing my speed from 235kts to 255kts on climb. So before you're ready to respond, you're speed is already over 260, meaning a penalty.
In the REAL world, the wind can never change this fast, nor can the speed increase with over 20 kts within a second. So in my opinion, the client is just failing in dealing with this problem.
I've marked my previous flight for review, with an explanation of what happened, and the rating was not changed. Why?
The flight i'm doing atm will be marked for review too, and I'm hoping this penalty WILL be removed...

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Overspeed under FL100 FSA vs Realworld weather

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:41 am

FSUIPC has an option to "smooth weather transitions" to counteract this problem. It has been suggested several times before on this forum and recommended settings are available here and on the FSUIPC support forums. I would suggest than anyone using "real world weather", whether via the internal FS system or an addon read the documentation from the FSUIPC forums on the matter or, if using an addon system, read the recommendations for their software. This will prevent you from having this problem in the future.

Sterretje
Ticket Agent

Post by Sterretje » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Okay, thanks a lot. That clears up a lot!

BTW, you need a paid version of FSUIPC, which is 28 euros for this function. Gotta deal with the wind since i'm not gonna pay that for some small piece of software.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:39 pm

Personally, I don't see FSUIPC as a "little piece of software" when it comes to FS, and I've been using FSUIPC since it came out. It's a very useful piece of software especially when it comes to setting up your joystick and throttles for all different sorts of aircraft that you may fly. It allows you to have a specific setup per airplane that is always saved. It also allows you to have much better control over the weather and even AI. In addition, so many gauges and addons use FSUIPC's features that it's rare to see a plane that doesn't use it in some way anymore.

MOW
Flight Attendant

Post by MOW » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:12 am

CAP, it sounds very interesting to me.

I think I have FSUIPC because it appears in my FSX internal menu. But I never see the utility of this program. Now, I can have a little idea.

I'm going to visit FSUIPC forum to understand what's going on (in fact, I have the same concern as Sterretje, and I solved this by flying always at 40kn down either 250 limit, either VNE, not to be suprised... Bt it looks that there is a better solution :D )

Skids
Ticket Agent

Post by Skids » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:02 am

Gday Guys,

I too have this issue, fortunately the guys at FSAirlines are kind enough to correctly and fairly accept this as a problem and have adjusted my flights accordingly. As mentioned in this topic, there is no way that weather can change to that extent in the real world. As far as FSUIPC is concerned, I too have no reason to "purchase" this software as all my controls have been modified in FSX menu's to give excellent performance with my flight joystick. Neither can I justify the cost of this add on. I am of the belief that "If it works don't alter it".

Real World weather certainly opens up a new realism to flights however with this issue I have been reluctant to use it. In messages to FSA with "flight needs review" I have mentioned that I will no longer use this option. Admittedly I still do on occasion. I have also considered using it above FL10000 and turning it off when descending below. Of course this defeats the purpose.

Although I have been more than happy with the latest version of the client and have suggested that it not be changed ( it works perfectly). Can a modification be made to read the "dialed in" airspeed rather than the actual airspeed Without changing any other parts of the client?

I understand that the reviewers , and others, do a great job running this site and appreciate thier voluntary time.

Keep up the good work guys !!

Paul
FSNVA RR Manager