Problem with client v2.0.0 & v2.0.2b and FSX/SP2 (Win7 x64)

Please report Bugs and Problems here
ariking
Ticket Agent

Problem with client v2.0.0 & v2.0.2b and FSX/SP2 (Win7 x64)

Post by ariking » Tue May 04, 2010 11:10 pm

Good evening,

After a fresh install of Win7 Ultimate x64 and FSX/SP2 I can't get either versions of the clients to show from inside FSX (Addon menu).
The client works fine from the desktop and the flights are logged and sent normally, but from inside FSX I only have FSUIPC shown in the addon menu.

Also note that when either client is installed, the confirmation message for the trusted .dll IS shown on the first run, although when I take a look at the fsx.cfg file this is what is shown in the trusted section:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\\FSAirlines\FSAirlines.dll.rlcqkbuuukqkiuzowiorrwreaiuuwaanwhwiwrqc=1
note the second "\" and also note that if I remove the spare "\" FSX asks to validate the .dll again restoring the above line as is.

Although this isn't a major problem, I would appreciate some help!

Aris
HOAv/TAE

edwinb77
Flight Attendant

Re: Problem with client v2.0.0 & v2.0.2b and FSX/SP2 (Win7 x

Post by edwinb77 » Wed May 05, 2010 7:02 am

since the folder security is changed a lot in win7, it is a wise idea not install FSX in the c:\program files folder.

A separate partition or even drive named D:\ or E:\ and install FSX there resolves a lot of issues.
Image Image

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Wed May 05, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm currently trying to find the reason why the plugin so often doesn't work on Windows 7 (it's a known issue) but it's not easy as I can't reproduce the problem on my Win7 x64 machine. This is also the main reason why the plugin is still beta and I hope I'll be able to fix that soon.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

ariking
Ticket Agent

Post by ariking » Tue May 18, 2010 9:22 pm

Konny wrote:I'm currently trying to find the reason why the plugin so often doesn't work on Windows 7 (it's a known issue) but it's not easy as I can't reproduce the problem on my Win7 x64 machine. This is also the main reason why the plugin is still beta and I hope I'll be able to fix that soon.
I found the reason for the double "\"... the error was located in the dll.xml file, and although I corrected it, erased the entry in FSX.cfg and FSX found the dll and installed it correctly, I still can't see the FSAirlines client form within FSX (the desktop icon works fine and communicated with FSX as it should).

I also found a misspelled extension in the FSX\FSAirlines\Sounds\en folder... the penalty sound file had a .wva extension rather than the .wav.

Hope this helps...