Jan 01/10... hell of a first day "payware" boys

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Jan 01/10... hell of a first day "payware" boys

Post by Brian Peace » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:21 am

Lots of problems to report.

1) flights not booking correctly - issue #1... I have to book the same plane "twice" or it wont register with the site, secondly... when I do book the flight finally... it doesnt show up on the roster that I am "booked" , and thirdly... when I click on book a flight" after having already booked a flight... it goes back to the "book a flight" list instead of going to the "you have already booked a flight" page.

2) major issues with fleets page... as noted on another thread but here they are again. Cannot arrange collumns anymore (check aircraft status and repair is MUCH harder without being able to arrange from lowest to highest on status)

3) just flew a flight that the client did NOT log at all.... I am on the ground in CYVR booked flight cyxs everything was fine (double checked status as I always do many times during the flight)... cliimb, decent, etc all appeared to log allright but now I dont have an "end flight" option... even though I have landed and parked with park brakes on.

4) client not uploading reports properly... always reverting to "show saved report" -"upload saved report" - "delete saved report" even though some of my flights recorded by using the "upload saved report" function. It's not ending flights properly.

5) flight monitor has shown 1 or 0 people flying most of the day so obviously it's not hooking up either.

Hope to see this issues quickly addressed, thanks guys
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Re: Jan 01/10... hell of a first day "payware" boys

Post by Brian Peace » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:35 am

NOTE: tried to send DEBUG.OUT. file size was 11.5MB and it would not send
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:20 am

Brian Peace wrote:NOTE: tried to send DEBUG.OUT. file size was 11.5MB and it would not send
Brian,

The debug out file is a cumulative file of all your flights. You can view it with notepad and delete all old info and just keep recent flight dates to reduce the file size.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:07 pm

Brian Peace wrote: 1) flights not booking correctly - issue #1... I have to book the same plane "twice" or it wont register with the site, secondly... when I do book the flight finally... it doesnt show up on the roster that I am "booked" , and thirdly... when I click on book a flight" after having already booked a flight... it goes back to the "book a flight" list instead of going to the "you have already booked a flight" page.
I cannot recreate this problem. Does anybody else experience such bugs? I'll need to investigate into this.
Brian Peace wrote: 2) major issues with fleets page... as noted on another thread but here they are again. Cannot arrange collumns anymore (check aircraft status and repair is MUCH harder without being able to arrange from lowest to highest on status)
Will fix that.
Brian Peace wrote: 3) just flew a flight that the client did NOT log at all.... I am on the ground in CYVR booked flight cyxs everything was fine (double checked status as I always do many times during the flight)... cliimb, decent, etc all appeared to log allright but now I dont have an "end flight" option... even though I have landed and parked with park brakes on.

4) client not uploading reports properly... always reverting to "show saved report" -"upload saved report" - "delete saved report" even though some of my flights recorded by using the "upload saved report" function. It's not ending flights properly.

5) flight monitor has shown 1 or 0 people flying most of the day so obviously it's not hooking up either.
Somehow the client has problems with sending data to the flight monitor. That's why it currently displays no flight. Konny will fix those problems asap.

Thank's for your patience!
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:12 pm

The problem with the current flight state not being sent to the website should be fixed now. I will check on your other Client problems before releasing the new Client.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:49 pm

Thanks guys. :D
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:46 pm

DaKurt wrote:
Brian Peace wrote: 1) flights not booking correctly - issue #1... I have to book the same plane "twice" or it wont register with the site,...
I cannot recreate this problem. Does anybody else experience such bugs? I'll need to investigate into this.
Yes. I have the same problem.
Michael Hiles

SARMedic177
Ticket Agent

Post by SARMedic177 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Yeh i have the same problem. Reported on another page.

DaKurt
FSAirlines Developer

Post by DaKurt » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:32 pm

Could you please tell me the exact steps of booking a flight to get this problem? I cannot fix it if I cannot recreate your problem. Could you also mention which browser you use?

Thank's
DaKurt
Claudio - FSAirlines Programming

Rainbowdancer
Ticket Agent

Post by Rainbowdancer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi, this problem appeares for me too and I use the Internet Explorer 8. The booking procedure is quite normal, first I pressed the Book Flight Button and next I chosse the desired flight. In the next window I have to mark the aircraft i want to fly with und then press the button. And now appears the same window again and I have to mark the aircraft again, press the button and here we are, the booking is well done. Things are alright exept the double booking of the A/C.

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:08 pm

DaKurt, you ask "Could you please tell me the exact steps of booking a flight to get this problem?"

How may ways are there of booking a flight in FSA? I know of only one:

From main page: Book flight>Select Destination>NEXT>Select Aircraft>NEXT>Select Aircraft page repeats causing me to nominate the aircraft again>NEXT>Flight Booked.

Using IE8, Windows 7 (Home Premium 64-bit).

Booking flights using this brower and OS worked perfectly until you guys "fixed" something that was not broken (not for the first time). Since you made changes to the website these problems have been occuring. And you now hope I will pay for this? You must be joking! Get it sorted out and then I will consider giving you my money. :x
Michael Hiles

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:41 pm

Hmmm, apparantly the post I made above is not acceptable as I have just been issued with a "board warning!" :roll:
Michael Hiles

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:46 pm

MHiles wrote:Hmmm, apparantly the post I made above is not acceptable as I have just been issued with a "board warning!" :roll:
I would say you were warned for your last little section of your post. You also shouldn't complain about it, that will just get you into more trouble, I suggest taking a more positive attitude. And they are not "forcing" you to pay, you can still fly for free but someone in your airline has to have a platinum account. Simply put, they supported the site on their own dime for five years with the minimal amount from donations and finally they decided to make the smart move to turn to payware since they no longer have the money to support the site on their own.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:49 pm

alasizon wrote:
MHiles wrote:Hmmm, apparantly the post I made above is not acceptable as I have just been issued with a "board warning!" :roll:
And they are not "forcing" you to pay.
Nowhere did I say that I was being forced to pay (unless you care to point it out). I was simply stating a complaint about the problem.

Anyhow, let's hope the information I gave above on the steps taken that produce the problem is enough for the developers to sort out where they went wrong.
Michael Hiles

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:51 pm

And to point it out, this problem seems limited to IE, FF 3 and 3.5 work perfectly there.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin