Unfairness in placing advertisements

Please report Bugs and Problems here
CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Unfairness in placing advertisements

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:51 pm

Mr. Hiles,

I would think very carefully before continuing along this "line of attack". You pay for what we have provided and nothing more. We do not have any obligation to change anything should we choose not to. That is explained in the User Agreement that is provided when you sign up for a subscription.

I'm not sure where people get this idea, but I pay for more than a few subscription services and not one of those paid subscriptions gives me the right to demand anything more than they provide the service they told me they were going to when I signed up. It's still their choice if they add or change something. If I don't like it enough, I move elsewhere. That's your choice as well. At this time FSAirlines is providing EVERYTHING that you were told you were going to be provided with. Now our only obligation is to do what we must to ensure that we continue to provide it. If we choose to change or upgrade our services, then we will, but there is no legal obligation to submit to demands like you seem to believe.

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:53 pm

I am not demanding anything, all I am simply doing is voicing an opinion. Apologies if that is against the Terms and Conditions of the FSA forum membership.
Michael Hiles

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:23 pm

When you keep telling us that we "have to listen to PAYING CUSTOMERS", that is not an opinion. That is a statement and that is a demand. Saying that we "should listen to paying customers" is an opinion.

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:26 pm

You are just being pedantic. It was not meant as a demand but, as I said, an opinion. Please stop taking things so personally. Just because somebody says something against current practices it does not mean it is an attack against you or the organisation.
Michael Hiles

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:54 pm

The whole matter of the fact is as follows:

I most certainly WILL be taking my money elsewhere unless this changes to a fair system where every airline pays the same price for adds. Either that or an airline that just starts out should have to pay x1000 the purchase price of it's planes too! The current system is ridiculously unjust, and I have been politely asking for changes in this for months now. When my subscription ends at the end of the year I will evaluate the performance of FSA. I'm not making demands or anything but continually asking that this injustice be adressed. As a reasonable thinker I can't understand why any sane person would be against leveling the playing feild in regards to advertising for pilots when everyone pays the same to be here. It makes me sick to be honest... and I will not continue to pay for it if this issue doesn't change before Dec 31st, 2010 when my subscription ends. Hopefully there wont be a huge fire sale of aicraft for christmas this year...
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:21 pm

MHiles wrote:I think the price of advertisements should be the same for any FSA airline, just as buying an aircraft is, I believe, the same price regardless of the size of the VA.
Brian Peace wrote:I most certainly WILL be taking my money elsewhere unless this changes to a fair system where every airline pays the same price for adds. Either that or an airline that just starts out should have to pay x1000 the purchase price of it's planes too!
Uhm, I kinda lost it now. What you said is exactly what we have at the moment. Every airline pays the same: $5mio/h.

But you were saying that $5mio is too much for a 25x airline, so I'm fine with lowering the prices to $2mio/h. But anything beyond that doesn't really make sense in my opinion. It's not that I'm not listening to you as customers but there are mixed opinions in this thread and I personally think that applying the multiplier to the add costs will just confuse most users when the price suddenly changes. And to be consequent we would also have to apply the multiplier to other financial transactions like aircraft/maintenances costs. It would be a fair system then, but too complicated for most users. You would regularly have to deal with new prices...
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:11 pm

there was only one person that said they didnt mind it now, but then later retracted that statement and said they agreed with brian.

i dont see the current aircraft market not fair as it is. if you apply the multiplier to everything then there is no purpose for it.

maintenance, you already said that higher multiplier airlines have quicker maintenance periods so again dont need to apply it to there... its simply ads.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:06 am

I dont get it konny. How do you not understand that it costs 240 million for a 48 hour sidebar add? The 1000x airlines arent buying an hour. still at 2 million it's going to cost 92 million for 48 hours on the sidebar, something a 25X airline can't make in MONTHS!!!! Why should I and ALL my pilots have to fly for months to match one guy flying an A380 at 16x ONCE!??

I suggested ADDING the multiplier AFTER the add costs to make it fair for everyone.

Read back, or use this example

5 million per hour (times 1000 for a 1000 airline) times 48 for a 48 hour add would equal... are you ready for it??? 240,000,000,000.

5 million per hour (times 25 for a 25x airline) times 48 hours = 6,000,000,000

do you see the figures now? Us airlines at 25x are paying FORTY TIMES more for an add than 1000x airlines! FORTY TIMES!!!! We need pilots JUST as much as they do... if not more so.. we have fleets that need to be flown. Why should they have the advantage of attracting pilots too? they already get tons of advantages on maintenance and purchasing fleets.

my solution.

Add base price per hour = 1000 bucks
Add multiplier after
48 hour add for 48,000 bucks.

Equation ADD PRICE x HOURS x MULTIPLIER = COST

25x airline 48 hours add would cost 1.2 million .......... One 5 hour flight in a 747 (1000 x 48 x 25 multiplier)
1000x airline 48 hours add would cost 48 million ......... One 5 hour flight in a 747 (1000 x 48 x 1000 multiplier)

sorry for my tone in this response but it seems my ideas are falling on deaf ears and I feel strongly about this! :)
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

MOW
Flight Attendant

Post by MOW » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:18 am

It sounds good to me, and quite a good mathematic method :D

MHiles
Ticket Agent

Post by MHiles » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:35 pm

Konny wrote:
MHiles wrote:I think the price of advertisements should be the same for any FSA airline, just as buying an aircraft is, I believe, the same price regardless of the size of the VA.
Uhm, I kinda lost it now. What you said is exactly what we have at the moment. Every airline pays the same: $5mio/h
Hmmm, yes, I think I am lost too. :lol: Tries to slink away when nobody is looking :oops:
Michael Hiles

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:19 pm

You know what I meant... airlines should be paying the same in accordance with their ability to pay.... please let's not get sidetracked again from what I need Konny to read.. thanks.
Brian Peace wrote:I dont get it konny. How do you not understand that it costs 240 million for a 48 hour sidebar add? The 1000x airlines arent buying an hour. still at 2 million it's going to cost 92 million for 48 hours on the sidebar, something a 25X airline can't make in MONTHS!!!! Why should I and ALL my pilots have to fly for months to match one guy flying an A380 at 16x ONCE!??

I suggested ADDING the multiplier AFTER the add costs to make it fair for everyone.

Read back, or use this example

5 million per hour (times 1000 for a 1000 airline) times 48 for a 48 hour add would equal... are you ready for it??? 240,000,000,000.

5 million per hour (times 25 for a 25x airline) times 48 hours = 6,000,000,000

do you see the figures now? Us airlines at 25x are paying FORTY TIMES more for an add than 1000x airlines! FORTY TIMES!!!! We need pilots JUST as much as they do... if not more so.. we have fleets that need to be flown. Why should they have the advantage of attracting pilots too? they already get tons of advantages on maintenance and purchasing fleets.

my solution.

Add base price per hour = 1000 bucks
Add multiplier after
48 hour add for 48,000 bucks.

Equation ADD PRICE x HOURS x MULTIPLIER = COST

25x airline 48 hours add would cost 1.2 million .......... One 5 hour flight in a 747 (1000 x 48 x 25 multiplier)
1000x airline 48 hours add would cost 48 million ......... One 5 hour flight in a 747 (1000 x 48 x 1000 multiplier)

sorry for my tone in this response but it seems my ideas are falling on deaf ears and I feel strongly about this! :)
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Mon May 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Almost 6 months with no real direction from the BoD on this matter. Pathetic... really... :evil: :evil:

... how easy would it be to change the bloody price on one item to keep the larger established VA's happy? You know... your paying customers?? :x
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu May 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Well, that's about it folks. BC NORTH is done here I guess. Check our forum here for closing statements / restructure over to a different style. We wont be using FSA's competitor either, I checked them out and they are not as good as FSA. I'm pretty frustrated by the lack of direction here so I won't say anything further other than it was fun, for a while.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB