Maintenenace / repair bills

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Maintenenace / repair bills

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Ok this isnt reallya "bug" per se, but it is, at least in my mind, a problem.

Why do I have to pay the same repair bills as a 25X multiplier airline, as a 1000x multiplier airline does? We just has a fellow crash a plane and it will take a month or more of ALL of us flying to save up enough just to fix it. When a 1000x multiplier airline could save up enough to fix it with one 500nm flight in a MD11F or similar.

Suggestions:

Repairs should be calculated at a base cost just like the flights, and then the VA's multiplier affixed to the cost to give the CEO / Fleet manager a bill to pay. The way it is now favors the new airlines, and cripples the larger ones.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Re: Maintenenace / repair bills

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:01 pm

Also the same should be applied to the advertisements section. It Costs a 1000x airline just a tiny fraction of one flight to advertise for pilots, but a large airline pays up to a week of ALL flight revenue for a large add. Not really fair IMHO..

EXAMPLE:

240,000,000 for a 48 hour sidebar add.

1 flight of work for a 1000x airline.

2 months of work for a 25x airline.... !!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

completely silly.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Flightguy123
Flight Attendant

Post by Flightguy123 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:35 pm

Brian Peace wrote:Also the same should be applied to the advertisements section. It Costs a 1000x airline just a tiny fraction of one flight to advertise for pilots, but a large airline pays up to a week of ALL flight revenue for a large add. Not really fair IMHO..

EXAMPLE:

240,000,000 for a 48 hour sidebar add.

1 flight of work for a 1000x airline.

2 months of work for a 25x airline.... !!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

completely silly.
I have to agree....FSairlines system should charge a differant price for each level of multiplyer....As Brain said the costs will soon raise to very high costs and many airlines will not be able to afford things like repairing planes, and ads...

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Actually the next version of the client will fix this in a different way, where the amount of damage to the AC will be greater at 1000x compared to 25x. 100x will be the same as today, x25 will be half, 1000x will be about 3 times more.
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:55 pm

We're at 25x (forced to be here due to our size, but I dont mind it... I find it challenging, but I'd just like to see a few things "levelled off" so to speak) ....

We already cant afford adds.....

We can barely afford general maintenence of our fleet if we wish to purchase any new aircraft. Toss in one crash, and were now literally months from any expenses / new additions.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:58 pm

joefremont wrote:Actually the next version of the client will fix this in a different way, where the amount of damage to the AC will be greater at 1000x compared to 25x. 100x will be the same as today, x25 will be half, 1000x will be about 3 times more.
so there making 975x more than us and will only pay 3x more? :evil: :evil:

Why not just generate the amount of repair on a 1x scale and then apply the airlines multiplier? would solve this for everyone wouldn't it? Simple, and makes sense. Could be the same with add costs. And it would be fair to EVERYONE.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:32 am

Brian Peace wrote:We just has a fellow crash a plane and it will take a month or more of ALL of us flying to save up enough just to fix it.
It won't cost you a penny Brian, it was a training flight and has no consequences to the VA finances or the aircraft status.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:45 am

No you looked at the wrong flight. LOL... Im talking about the other crash. The one that ended up at KO24 "Lee Vining, CA" in a B747-400F. That will cost us over 50 million. Which takes a long, LONG time to make at 25x. Which is why I brought this subject up... things that really need to be looked at more closely....

I am more than willing to get a premium account when they come out but I for one am going to have to see the playing field leveled before I do so...

The flight in question.

http://www.fsairlines.net/index.php5?st ... 905&p=7040

The client didnt actually say "crash" becuase I can only asume the pilot had crashes turned off in his sim.? anyhow, at -49,ooo FT / minute the client took a great deal of status off the aircraft for the "hard" landing. Basically it's at a crashed status (86 percent or so)
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

cpgop
Ticket Agent

Post by cpgop » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:15 am

Ok, brian, i see where your comming from, and would like to help you out a bit

I have money to spare, im not planning on buying any new aircraft, long as the repair will be under 50mil I can pay for it. If your asking why, Im currently at a 1000x your only at 25x so ill help you out CEO to CEO.

Lease the aircraft to me for 2 days for 1v$ a day, and ill start the repair, and then during repairs it will be sent back to you( i think) if you need any more info on why or what pm me.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:57 am

Is there any actual thought going into any of this by the admins / developers here? Has this thread changed anything? I know you have a new client coming and some changes, bhut why not open up those changes to discussion amongst your users, instead of just "throwing them at us".

this whole idea about changing damage to the aircraft is quite honestly, riduculous. If a plane crashes, it crashes... should be damaged the same. How can a crashed plane only get damaged a bit if it was flown at 1x as oppsed to 1000x.... maybe the plane hit's the ground harder on 1000x? I dont get it.

The easy solution would be for the system to do all these calculations behind the airlines multiplier, and then add the multiplier at the end.

example. Plane repair = $1,000,000 bucks.

25x airline 25,000,000
1000x airline 1,000,000,000 (looks dang big doesn't it? well your paying EXACTLY the same as me)

CURRENTLY: everyone pays the same... so that the 1000x airline can repair a plane for a fraction of the revenue of even ONE flight, while the 25x airlines need a week or so of steady revenue flights to do it (25 flights in BIG planes)

There's the figure's. Sure doesn't seem fair to a 25x airline to have to pay those HUGE bills when compared to our income at 25x does it?, does it? Developers I beg of you to change things like this if you want to improve your product to a payware level. Please at least let me know your reading this. Thanks :wink:
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Alaskan Flyboy
Ticket Agent

Post by Alaskan Flyboy » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:02 am

Brian Peace wrote:Is there any actual thought going into any of this by the admins / developers here? Has this thread changed anything? I know you have a new client coming and some changes, bhut why not open up those changes to discussion amongst your users, instead of just "throwing them at us".

this whole idea about changing damage to the aircraft is quite honestly, riduculous. If a plane crashes, it crashes... should be damaged the same. How can a crashed plane only get damaged a bit if it was flown at 1x as oppsed to 1000x.... maybe the plane hit's the ground harder on 1000x? I dont get it.

The easy solution would be for the system to do all these calculations behind the airlines multiplier, and then add the multiplier at the end.

example. Plane repair = $1,000,000 bucks.

25x airline 25,000,000
1000x airline 1,000,000,000 (looks dang big doesn't it? well your paying EXACTLY the same as me)

CURRENTLY: everyone pays the same... so that the 1000x airline can repair a plane for a fraction of the revenue of even ONE flight, while the 25x airlines need a week or so of steady revenue flights to do it (25 flights in BIG planes)

There's the figure's. Sure doesn't seem fair to a 25x airline to have to pay those HUGE bills when compared to our income at 25x does it?, does it? Developers I beg of you to change things like this if you want to improve your product to a payware level. Please at least let me know your reading this. Thanks :wink:
Sounds like you're essentially calling for them to do away with the multipliers all together. I do understand the multiplier, as it allows new airlines to get started without massive headache. Much like in MMORPGs or table top RPG systems in which it's easiest to level up at the start and then gets progressively longer as you go along.

So far, it doesn't seem like there's really much competition between airlines, so I'm not seeing one airline exactly having advantage over the other. If the 1000x multiplier airlines were some how hindering your virtual business, I'd be more inclined to agree. However, it seems your main complaint is just that they currently can afford catastrophic loss easier than you currently can. Though, I'd personally hope the 1000x airlines were putting away part of their money in reserve for the day they eventually reach a lower multiplier. This, admittedly, all coming from a 1000x airline CEO — though I've yet to buy anything larger than a 737-300 (which was my original plan anyway).

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:53 am

No sir I definately am not calling for the multiplier to be done away with, just calling for the stuff such as repairs to be leveled off or "made equal for all" when compared to airline revenue streams. What they propose is a great start but I just dont like the idea of MY AIRCRAFT crashing and receieving any "less damage" as was stated above. If my plane crashes so be it... it crashed and I should get the same amount of repairs needing to be done as any other airline... BUT... and here's the big part... the repairs as a percentage of the airframe should be the same for all, and THEN then multiplier added.

Example. I crash a plane repairs for me are going to cost 50 million. (I only make 25x). Maybe my repairs should be less, a lot less, than some one who is making 1000x on each flight instead of 25x... theyre making 975X more than me.

Flight time examples.

If I fly a flight that makes 500,000v$... I have to fly 100 flights to repair ONE plane. (not to mention repair costs incurred in flying those said 100 flights) - this is me at 25x

if a 1000x airline flies the SAME flight that I did to make 500,000... he makes 20,000,000... yes TWENTY million. He flies just 2 and a half flights to fix this plane.

Therein lies the HUGE descrepancy. It's completely unfair in it's current state. Im not against the price of repairs or how hard I personally have to work to fix a plane, but it should be put on a level playing field. That's all Im asking for. And yes I would have asked for this waaaaay back when I was a high multiplier. Even then I almost quit FSA becuase it was "too easy" early. Maybe they SHOULD start everyone out at about 50x or 25x... it makes the game way better you have to work at it... maybe then we wouldnt see so many va's pop up, and dissapear a few months down the road from lack of interest.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:55 am

cpgop wrote:Ok, brian, i see where your comming from, and would like to help you out a bit

I have money to spare, im not planning on buying any new aircraft, long as the repair will be under 50mil I can pay for it. If your asking why, Im currently at a 1000x your only at 25x so ill help you out CEO to CEO.

Lease the aircraft to me for 2 days for 1v$ a day, and ill start the repair, and then during repairs it will be sent back to you( i think) if you need any more info on why or what pm me.
cpgop,

I must have missed this post, but I have to respectfully decline. We crashed it therefore we must fix it :)
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Alaskan Flyboy
Ticket Agent

Post by Alaskan Flyboy » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:35 am

Multiplying the cost of repairs along with the revenue would pretty well render away most of the point of the multipliers. And starting at a lower modifier wouldn't likely change the number of pop-up, one-man VAs much, as I think the ambition to start your own VA is the primary motivator more than the multiplier. Granted the airlines would likely fold sooner. Really, it would just ultimately hinder those that are wanting to actually start up a full-fledged VA for more than just themselves. One crash would cripple a starting airline when they don't necessarily have the fleet and the pilot roster to generate the revenue.

As a side note, did you clip that captain's wings for scratching the paint? :wink:

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:41 am

No... he posted a funny bulletin about pilots bailing out etc. :lol:

Im not trying to hinder startup VA's... not the point of this at all... but a level playing feild when it comes to things like repairs... it really SHOULD be level.

Startup VA's already have the advantage of being able to fly ONE flight with a leased A380, and being able to BUY an A380 with cash after ONE flight if they do it right. For an established VA it could take MONTHS to save up and buy an A380... isnt that advantage enough for you at 1000x??? Don't get too greedy!! :wink:
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB