FS Airlines

Please report Bugs and Problems here
CSG02
Ticket Agent

FS Airlines

Post by CSG02 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:56 pm

Yes,

Being new in all I just wanted to know why the website goes down for long periods of time. Yesterday It was offline all DAY. In the morning was the only times We would book and fly the flights.
It is not just me it is everyone that i know that uses FS Airlines!

I just need to know because I cant be blocked like that all the time.

Best Regards,

Eric
Eric Grams
Chief Executive Officer
Columbus Virtual Airlines
www.cva.fssims.com

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: FS Airlines

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:15 pm

The search function works quite well with the forum. Demands don't.

We are experiencing server problems. We're aware and we are working to figure out why. If you're unhappy with the fact that we have real lives and are providing this as a free service, you can find somewhere else to participate. The tone in your posts, unintentional or not, is getting quite old. Be more respectful of those whom are giving their time and money to this network without asking anything in return or you'll be removed from the forums.

CSG02
Ticket Agent

Post by CSG02 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:25 pm

If you dont like that I request your assistance then maybe you should not be a administrator.

And If you want to provide a free service , Expect people to want you to be reliable. Seeing I am not the owner of my airlines I am not speaking on the airlines part but You
will answer to my request and If you dont want to then dont. Because text does not have a tone I have no idea what you are talking about. BUT trust me you NOW have irritated me.
All you had to do is post, " We are expecting server problems " then that is what you should of said. I have not disrespected you YET.

Until you find a person that does not complain because he has to answer a question remove me from the forum.

Eric
Eric Grams
Chief Executive Officer
www.cva.fssims.com

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Well, we're really sorry for these long downtimes we had in the last months. We're doing everything we can to find a solution to this, but it seems like especially on the weekend it's just too much for our current server. We already had this in the past and it seems like we need another move to a better server. Unfortunately we're now at a state where it will get quite expensive and so we're currently discussing how we should proceed.
Until a solution is found we're trying to improve the code to keep the server load to a minimum, but still we can't guarantee anything.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

CSG02
Ticket Agent

Post by CSG02 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:34 pm

Konny wrote:Well, we're really sorry for these long downtimes we had in the last months. We're doing everything we can to find a solution to this, but it seems like especially on the weekend it's just too much for our current server. We already had this in the past and it seems like we need another move to a better server. Unfortunately we're now at a state where it will get quite expensive and so we're currently discussing how we should proceed.
Until a solution is found we're trying to improve the code to keep the server load to a minimum, but still we can't guarantee anything.

Thank you Konny..

That was the response I was fishing for!

That all I needed.

Regards,

Eric
Eric Grams
Chief Executive Officer
www.cva.fssims.com

danmand
Ticket Agent

Post by danmand » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:14 pm

I know it has been quite frustrating to not be able to start a flight when the servers are down but I do understand the "free time" part of the equation. Thanks for the hard work you put into it.

What kind of expenses are we talking about here? Is it a one time deal or will it be an ongoing expense?

If it's a one time expense, maybe we can do some sort of fund raising drive where folks can pitch in to help out. Just give us an amount that is needed and a regular update as to how close to the goal we are.

If it will be an ongoing exepense, that might be more difficult to achieve but I'm sure a lot of people here would be willing to help out, myself included.

Dan

CSG02
Ticket Agent

Post by CSG02 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:09 pm

I would not mind helping with that idea.

I do understand that you have lives I just wanted an answer!

Eric
Eric Grams
Chief Executive Officer
www.cva.fssims.com