Problems with fuel (cheat flights)

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Problems with fuel (cheat flights)

Post by Konny » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi guys,

With the latest Client release I added some more debug info to track down this annoying bug where flights get marked cheated because the fuel went up during flight. If this happens to you, please tell me here. Usually you should get a penalty ('Penalty - refueling during flight') now when the fuel raises during flight. It's actually just for info and won't hurt your rating.
And if your flight gets marked but you didn't get this penalty, please tell me, too. There's also some more output about the fuel in the debug.out now.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

MikeD
Ticket Agent

Re: Problems with fuel (cheat flights)

Post by MikeD » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi Konny
I keep getting this Penalty for fuel as soon as I start the engines. Im flying the PMDG 747 for FSX. If I continue to fly will the penalty hurt my rating?

Please advise and how do I fix/

Thanks

Mike

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:02 pm

The penalty does not hurt your rating you don't have to worry. Just show me the flight report afterwards.

MikeD
Ticket Agent

Post by MikeD » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:08 pm

Ok thanks, how do I show you the report. I am doing a flight now and will be done in about 2hrs?

ukd113
Ticket Agent

Post by ukd113 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi Konny

Having problems with refuelling penalty after installing new client I am sure that I did not refuel in flight but did get a penalty message and a remark.
The flight report is already corrected, :P is this a problem in the new client software??

Gr Ruud UKDirect

Lord ISP
Ticket Agent

Post by Lord ISP » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi Gents,
some guys and myself in our airline has the same issue, please be so kind an follow up me in this case.

thx

Regards, Rafael

Community & System Operator
German Flight-Center
voice: TS@Lord ISP - GFC116
http://www.german-flightcenter.com
Systems Administration, Infrastructure and Development
German Flight-Center Virtual Airline
http://www.german-flightcenter.com

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:18 pm

Well, can you guys please tell me WHEN the penalty was given? You should have gotten a message in the FS.
And please send the debug.out to konny@fsairlines.net

MikeD
Ticket Agent

Post by MikeD » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:07 pm

I just completed a flight and got the inflight refueling message during engine start. I can confirm that no penalty or negative rating was given at the end of the flight so happy flying...

CostasHEA103
Ticket Agent

Post by CostasHEA103 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Dear Konny,

It's good to see that a new update is here! I faced a problem with one of my previous flights which was uploaded twice ... due to a problem with FSA client. The flight was marked as "cheated" without any reason, how I could cheat on a flight and upload it ... twice with the same data, flight time, same off blocks/airborne time and landing/on blocks time ... doesn't make any sense to me. Definitely it's not on my plans to cheat and give the bad example to our pilots of our Airline, since we are all in the Airline Industry (Airline staff, Flight Operations Officers, Pilots etc) and we are operating according to the real procedures and our flight preparation is according to real flights. I thought that the normal procedure was to delete the second one without any consequences to my rating and of course to the financials and rating of our Airline.

Keep up the good work and thank you for your effort to make this as real as can be!!

Best Regards

Konstantinos Mavronis / HEA103
Heron Airways / Flight Director
Last edited by CostasHEA103 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Konstantinos,

Your flight was marked for review because it's a duplicate. This allows us Admins to see it quickly (in the Flight Review page within our admin tools) and delete the flight. There will be no penalty to your personal or corporate rating or finance when that happens, so no worries. :)

As for the fuel issue, I suspect that the problem has to do with how PMDG has programmed their gauges since it seems to be cropping up during engine start. PMDG is notorious for not following the Microsoft Software Development Kit (i.e. the standards to be followed when building an addon for FS) in the spirit of being "better". Unfortunately, that causes all sorts of problems for addons like FSPassengers (who's released multiple "fixes" for their software because of PMDG addons) and us that get our information through a 3rd party like FSUIPC or SimConnect. What happens is that PMDG's gauges (and those of some other developers) "trick" FS into doing certain things by sending out erroneous information from the gauges, which are running outside of FS, to FS so that it will force the visual gauges and flight dynamics to appear or behave a certain way. While this may increase the "realism" of the package, by sending out false information, the 3rd party programs like ours have to recognize it and adjust it back to where it should be to be able to properly record the information. This is the stumbling block, especially if the developers don't provide people like Konrad, Joe, and Claudio with the information on how they are "fixing" the information.

CostasHEA103
Ticket Agent

Post by CostasHEA103 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:05 pm

CAPFlyer,

Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply! :D

Unfortunately the flight wasn't deleted as you can see below and by visiting my logbook. We don't worry about our reputation (and the financial cost) any more since it went back to 120 in no time ... hehehe I am worrying now about the entry in my logbook as "cheated flight" .... :wink:

117 GCXO LPPT Jul 01, 21:30 255 B763 716nm 90% 0v$ -1.288.300v$
116 GCXO LPPT Jul 01, 21:30 255 B763 716nm 100% 16.924v$ 4.143.600v$

By the way, I made an attempt to fly with the new client and I also got the message 'Penalty - refueling during flight' when I started my engines and it was going on all the time like crazy when I taxi, taking off etc ... (ACFT ... B744 PMDG FS2004)

.... I know you told me about the PMDG products earlier ... :oops: and I also noticed Konny's reply that we won't get any real penalty for that. I will try later since I ... hate those messages ... :lol:

Thank you for your time and for the assistance!!

I am at your disposal for any help you might need from my side in any field (ACFT data, Airport data etc)! I have participated in both these fields by adding ACFT and an Airport and by sending you missing ACFT data.

Best Regards

Konstantinos Mavronis
http://www.heronairwaysva.com

flydude
Rampie

Post by flydude » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:19 am

When flying the PMDG 747, it gives you a inflight refueling penalty one you take off, it is sort of annoying

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:52 am

CostasHEA103 wrote:CAPFlyer,

Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply! :D

Unfortunately the flight wasn't deleted as you can see below and by visiting my logbook. We don't worry about our reputation (and the financial cost) any more since it went back to 120 in no time ... hehehe I am worrying now about the entry in my logbook as "cheated flight" .... :wink:
Again, it won't disappear until someone reviews it. If it's still showing, then it simply means we haven't reviewed it yet. I was very clear in that with my first post.

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:58 pm

Hi Guy's..

Not seeing a 'cheat' issue with client v1.19 but I have noticed that if you ask for say, 5000kg, the client will say ok.. fuel you up and you're ready to go. However, on checking the flight report at the end of the flight.. it will say (for the example above) fuel purchased 4996kg and shows a charge for 4996kg. The next flight I asked for and loaded 14000kg of fuel but the flight report at the end stated fuel bought: 13994kg. The next flight.. 10000kg asked for, flight report stated 9996kg.

Anyone else seen this??

ATB

DaveB

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Dave, next time please start a new thread. Konny only asked for information about the flight cheat issue in this thread.

On the flight cheat/inflight refueling issue, I got this on the second consecutive flight I was flying and the "inflight refuel" note at the end. I aborted the flight unintentionally, so I can't find out what really happened (yet).
11.7.2009 - 11:35:58.312 Debug: [CClientInterface] --> There was problem with the database request, please contact an adminSUCCESS
I think that maybe the tracker updates may cause the problem.