Fixes to Common Problems

Please report Bugs and Problems here
alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Fixes to Common Problems

Post by alasizon » Mon May 25, 2009 4:29 am

Hi Everyone,

Here is a basic summary of fixes to problems that commonly arise here in the forums(to cut back on repeat explanations):
  • To Fix stuck Aircraft:
    Quantum wrote:Hi Guys,

The script that returns your aircraft from maintenance/transfers runs once an hour and will return all aircraft that were due to be returned in the hour prior to when the script runs. This means that your aircraft can be up to an hour late. If the elapsed time from due return is greater than an hour late then it is probable the script has 'stalled' and needs restarting which needs to be done by one of the developers.

Bottom line, if your aircraft is late returning but is still less than an hour late, please wait patiently.

Regards

John
    In addition to that, if it is over an hour late, please submit a support ticket with the details listed below.
    • VA Name:
      Aircraft Registration:
      Time Delayed:
      Where Returning From(Maintenance or Transfer):
    Planes stuck when no flight is booked:
    In order to fix this problem please submit a support ticket with the following information:
    • VA Name:
      Aircraft Registration:
      Last Flight Date:
    Once you have submitted a support ticket, please wait for an admin to get back to you, don't just post here, posting here does not get anything done any faster.
    Incorrect Plane Value:
    Please submit a support ticket about this issue with the following information:
    • VA Name:
      Aircraft Registration:
      Current Value:
      Correct Value:
      Current Status:
    Once you have submitted a support ticket, please wait for an admin to get back to you, don't just post here, posting here does not get anything done any faster.
    Flight Marked as Cheat/Review
    If you have a flight marked as cheat, this means an admin has already reviewed the flight and has made the adjustments to the flight that was needed. If your flight is marked as needing review, it simply means an admin has not yet looked at your flight. Please do NOT post here when your flight is not reviewed automatically, it may take up to forty-eight hours before an admin reviews the flight. Also, just because forty-eight hours has passed doesn't mean that because your flight has not been reviewed that you have to post here. Your flight will eventually get reviewed it just may take time.
    Why can't we add this aircraft?
    With a couple of new airliners in development as well as other older aircraft that you would like added to the system, there are a few guidelines that an aircraft must meet before it is added to the system.
    • The aircraft must be in commercial service OR have been flown by a commercial airline(for larger jets) or a civilian(for smaller aircraft).
      The data submitted for the aircraft must include the following:
      • Name
        ICAO
        Price
        In Production (Yes or No)
        Passengers
        Dry Operating Weight
        Max Zero Fuel Weight
        Max Take-off Weight
        Number of Engines
        Type of Engines
    Wrong Airport in Client:
    Go to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and download a fresh copy of FSUIPC. Make sure you have uninstalled the old version first, then reinstall the DLL file.
    Problem Booking a Flight:
    If you can not book a flight when you are logged in, please make sure that the following are intact:
    • Type rating that matches which type of flight you are flying: (This means if you are flying a scheduled flight, you need a full type rating for the aircraft)
      The pilot and aircraft are at the same airport.
      The flight you are trying to book originates from that airport with the correct type of plane.
      The plane is not booked, in transfer, maintenance or otherwise already occupied.
      The pilot has access to the fleet that the aircraft is in
    If all these factors are met, feel free to either post a topic here OR submit a support ticket.
And yes, I am aware that this does repeat some of what is listed elsewhere and adds on to most of it.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Re: Fixes to Common Problems

Post by alasizon » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:53 pm

• To fix a stuck flightplan or booking (pilot side)
    In order to fix this problem, please submit a support ticket with the following information:
    • VA Name:
      Pilot Name:(If applicable)
      Flight Number:
      Location of Booking:(Either FP page or pilot booking page)
      Reg. of Aircraft Booked With:
Adding one more for the time being.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:58 am

Got a new one showing up using the latest client, you get to your airport and It reports that you changed position and cancels your flight. It happen to me the other day flying Anchorage Alaska to Seattle Washington. I re did the flight and it worked.

Then one of my pilots did the UK to Atlanta and it cancelled. Short flights are easy to make up the long ones are no fun. sooooo... what's the fix?

joefremont
FSAirlines Developer

Post by joefremont » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:23 am

wings138 wrote:Got a new one showing up using the latest client, you get to your airport and It reports that you changed position and cancels your flight. It happen to me the other day flying Anchorage Alaska to Seattle Washington. I re did the flight and it worked.

Then one of my pilots did the UK to Atlanta and it cancelled. Short flights are easy to make up the long ones are no fun. sooooo... what's the fix?
Could you have possibly reduced time compression to less than 1? There is a bug in client 2.1 that would cause that issue, its fixed in 2.2.0.rc1
I've sworn an oath of solitude until the pestilence is purged from the lands.

wings138
Flight Attendant

Post by wings138 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:04 am

joefremont wrote:
wings138 wrote:Got a new one showing up using the latest client, you get to your airport and It reports that you changed position and cancels your flight. It happen to me the other day flying Anchorage Alaska to Seattle Washington. I re did the flight and it worked.

Could you have possibly reduced time compression to less than 1? There is a bug in client 2.1 that would cause that issue, its fixed in 2.2.0.rc1
We've been using version 2.2.0 rc1 with Prepar3d 3.4
I have only had it happen once recently, it has happened before, just not very often.
My friend had it happen today with Prepar3d 3.4, then was trying out Prepar3d 4 and it happened again.

Could this be something with the sim, the server communications or anything of that nature? Or do you think it could happen with like sim pausing? We don't use any kind of time compressions or slewing. Those commands don't even exist on my keyboards anymore.