client fuel prices?

Please report Bugs and Problems here
flightsimer
Chief Pilot

client fuel prices?

Post by flightsimer » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:09 am

the client shows the wrong total cost of fuel bought. my last flight the client said it was going to be $33k but when the flight logged it was $46K. i believe the client is calculating fuel costs on the kgs added and not liters.
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Re: client fuel prices?

Post by alasizon » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:11 am

flightsimer wrote:the client shows the wrong total cost of fuel bought. my last flight the client said it was going to be $33k but when the flight logged it was $46K. i believe the client is calculating fuel costs on the kgs added and not liters.
Looks like somewhere the costs were incorrect or the flight was reviewed and the fuel fixed because even with the highest conversion possible, those aren't possibly the same amounts of fuel.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:32 am

nope, the client itself said to different numbers... the 33k first when i was refuelling before the flight then the 46k at the end, when i checked the site it showed the same as the clients last price which is the right amount... this isnt the first time this has happened to me that i checked and found out that it was doing this...

yes they are same amounts of fuel... your adding kgs in the plane, but you paying for liters... 1kg is 1.4 liters...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 pm

flightsimer is right. At the initial refueling screen, the fuel costs weren't mulitplied by 1.234 which is the standard conversion between liters and kg (actually it depends on the air pressure, but we use this fixed value in our calculations). Will be fixed in the next release.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:37 am

Konny wrote:flightsimer is right. At the initial refueling screen, the fuel costs weren't mulitplied by 1.234 which is the standard conversion between liters and kg (actually it depends on the air pressure, but we use this fixed value in our calculations). Will be fixed in the next release.
Makes sense. Reason why I figured that the fuel was different was because I used the standard conversion which 33kx 1.234 is 40.72k
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin