client registered the same airport for departure and arrival

Please report Bugs and Problems here
slyszers
Ticket Agent

client registered the same airport for departure and arrival

Post by slyszers » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:52 pm

I departured from EPKT and landed at EPWA. Everything was correct after finishing the flight apart from one thing: Client registered that I departured from EPKT and landed again at EPKT. What is the problem about ? Additional info: during flight (climbing) I paused and minimized FS in order to check if client is registering my flight; second info is that during the flight I pushed "Esc" button in order to see "flight analyse" - in order to check a map. Could it have any infuance on the registration of flight by client ?

One more thing: After stopping at the gate, turning off the engines and switching parking brakes I got out off the FS totally and then I pushed "end flight" in client. I was informed that I should pushed "end flight" in client first, and then turn off the FSX. Is it true ?

PLAEASE HELP !!!! I cannot start my career.

jonathan12341234
Language Admin

Re: client registered the same airport for departure and arrival

Post by jonathan12341234 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:17 pm

1: Do never pause the sim when flying with the FSAirlines cleint, it will pick it up as cheat (as if you were using slew)
Also be sure to have turned OFF 'Pause on task switch' in the defauls FSX settings (if you are using FSX that is :mrgreen: )
2: Dont esc and look at flight analyse during flight; navigate through your GPS.
3: Don't turn off engines when ending flight, this will cause the client to miscalculate your fuel.
4: FIRST press end flight in the client, THEN turn off FSX.
Hope it helped :)

Happy Flights
Jonathan

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:28 pm

jonathan12341234 wrote:1: Do never pause the sim when flying with the FSAirlines cleint, it will pick it up as cheat (as if you were using slew)
Also be sure to have turned OFF 'Pause on task switch' in the defauls FSX settings (if you are using FSX that is :mrgreen: )
2: Dont esc and look at flight analyse during flight; navigate through your GPS.
3: Don't turn off engines when ending flight, this will cause the client to miscalculate your fuel.
4: FIRST press end flight in the client, THEN turn off FSX.
Hope it helped :)

Happy Flights
Jonathan
Pausing the sim is FINE. Just do it AFTER you have started a flight and the client is all set up and monitoring the flight.

Engines does absolutely nothing to affect the flight. It should actually save you a couple kgs of fuel (the plane will burn at idle for like 10-20 seconds while you're getting out of full screen to click the end flight button).
ImageImage

jonathan12341234
Language Admin

Post by jonathan12341234 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:15 am

I'm not running in full screen though..
If you read the getting started guide, and other guides prepared for client users, it is pretty clear, that you should never pause your sim, and be sure to have pause on task off. I accedentely paused my sim once (Would have pressed R+, pressed RP) and when I ended my flight, the client picked the duretion up as -22 hours, so yes, it does have an effect when you pause your sim... :D

About the fuel:
The engines might not do it always, but I'va had a couple of my pilots flying; +3000kg on touchdown, but exactly 0kg on departure, and I talked to them, and they told me that they shut down their engines BEFORE ending flight..
So I still think it's right..but I might be wrong..just weird to put both things in the getting started guides then :lol:

Happy Flights
Jonathan

jonathan12341234
Language Admin

Post by jonathan12341234 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:25 am

Just realised that it's not in the quick start guide :oops:
But it is another guide one of the users prepared..
-turn park brakes ON - and LEAVE ENGINES ON for now (there's a fuel problem with the client sometimes if you shut your engines down).
I would like to point out: ...client sometimes if ... :D
-never pause flight sim - ever (make sure your "pause on task" is UNCHECKED - just make sure it's off)
It might be a bug with one of the earlier clients, if it is, I'm sorry :roll: I am still though, coming up with negative duration, every time I accedentely hit pause.

Happy Flights
Jonathan

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:36 am

That's my guide :-) glad it's getting looked at.

Yes, sometimes if you shut your engines down and your no where near a refuleing station, SOMETIMES for some unknown reason flightsim (not the client, flight simulator..) will still fuel you to 100%. If that happens your automatically marked a cheated flight by the client (how could you buy fuel, fly a flight, and end at 100% in the tanks, right?).

Even with these precautions in place we still get the odd cheat, but the incidence of them is going down, a lot.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

AdmiralRolfe
Captain

Post by AdmiralRolfe » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:28 am

I've never had problems with shutting down engines, but whatever, follow the best option to deal with the current situation.
ImageImage