Very odd "flight marked cheated" ? help oon this one please.

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Very odd "flight marked cheated" ? help oon this one please.

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:19 am

here's the flight:

http://www.fsairlines.net/index.php5?st ... 905&p=7040

why is this marked a cheat? Fuel looks fine... no 0kg at end, or 0kg burned... block fuel looks accurate, as does fuel on deprature and everything, I cant see anything wrong, anywhere?

Flight done with meljet 747-400... FS2002. Thanks for any insight into what may have cuased this to pop up a cheat??
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

Telide
Flight Attendant

Re: Very odd "flight marked cheated" ? help oon this one please.

Post by Telide » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:45 am

Sorry about this its abit off topic

Duration: 07:54 (7.9h)

Max simrate used: 1

ARE YOU MAD???

you must have alot of time to kill mate

Will
ImageImage

Dash Airways.....
A small Airline Based at london Heathrow operating 6x B734 3x CRJ7 2x DH8B pilots and managers needed

Join Here

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:15 am

Will. I do LOL

and I have gone mad... :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Matter of fact im an advocate for all of FSA to go to 1x only. Would "level the playing feild" for everyone as far as statistics go. However, that idea has been squashed long ago... so every now and then I also crank it up to 4x or so. I fly on vatsim so I don't go past that.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:22 am

Brian, the reason is in that 7.9 hour flight, you burned about 10,000 LBS/hr. This is less than half of the normal fuel consumption for a B747-400. I adjusted the fuel usage.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:45 am

well pardon me for saying, but that's a stock un modified freeware. and you adjusted me right into the red. what's the point of doing long hauls at 1x anymore?? I just spent 8 hours doing a flight and your giving me a NEGATIVE profit for it??? a fully loaded cargo 747-400F? trans-atlantic flight?? that's ridiculous.

Something has to give here... that's just not right. I've noticed a guy can make as much in a two hour flight as he can with a ten hour flight if flown at 1x.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:47 am

and I'm not trying to come off as upset.... if the plane's airfile is a bad one then how do I adjust it? But putting me into the negative's for a 8 hour flight even with proper fuel burn... somethings wrong with the cargo pay code there aint it? There's just no possible way a full load of cargo trans atlantic can lose money... flown at 1x. That just ain't right. I guess I am a bit upset. I just spent 8 hours of my day to get "hosed". :(
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Telide
Flight Attendant

Post by Telide » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:49 am

Brian Peace wrote:and I'm not trying to come off as upset.... if the plane's airfile is a bad one then how do I adjust it? But putting me into the negative's for a 8 hour flight even with proper fuel burn... somethings wrong with the cargo pay code there aint it? There's just no possible way a full load of cargo trans atlantic can lose money... flown at 1x. That just ain't right. I guess I am a bit upset. I just spent 8 hours of my day to get "hosed". :(
Sorry admins but i have to agree in thinking there is something wrong in the figures somewhere as Brian should have made a nice bit of cash for that on a full load
Matter of fact im an advocate for all of FSA to go to 1x only. Would "level the playing feild" for everyone as far as statistics go. However, that idea has been squashed long ago... so every now and then I also crank it up to 4x or so. I fly on vatsim so I don't go past that.
Thats not a bad idea for 1x but it will never happen currently I dont allow past 8x speed and as soon as I have the 2 A/C from QXE the money multiplier is going to 1x as well :)
ImageImage

Dash Airways.....
A small Airline Based at london Heathrow operating 6x B734 3x CRJ7 2x DH8B pilots and managers needed

Join Here

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:42 pm

I think you have to adjust the fuel scaler till you have got the fuel usage closer to what it should be.
Yours Stan

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:43 pm

Anyone know what to set it at for the Meljet series of B744 and B744F? They both seem to burn very little fuel at FL410 and Mach .79. Although they burn through a "normal" amount at FL350 and mach .84
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:26 pm

Brian Peace wrote:and I'm not trying to come off as upset.... if the plane's airfile is a bad one then how do I adjust it? But putting me into the negative's for a 8 hour flight even with proper fuel burn... somethings wrong with the cargo pay code there aint it? There's just no possible way a full load of cargo trans atlantic can lose money... flown at 1x. That just ain't right. I guess I am a bit upset. I just spent 8 hours of my day to get "hosed". :(
Hi Brian,

With the fuel price paid at that airport, the fuel was always going to be a big bill. However, you would't necessarily have wanted to 'tanker' and land with quite the amount you did. Regards the fuel burn, if it were me, now that you can see the anticipated block fuel for the flight in question, why don't you re-fly it offline from FSA until you get your fuel scalar adjusted to where it should be.

Something to consider, do you adjust your payload in the sim to reflect the FSA payload? My betting is a lot of folk don't. A lot of aircraft will by default give you a very light load. This means you will be able to use shorter runways and higher cruising flight levels. Adjusting your aircraft weight correctly will give you a more realistic sim experience - longer take-off runs and lower cruise/step cruise flight levels.

If you are using the client to refuel then an easy way to do this is to start your flight in the client to the point where you have 'fuelled up' and adjusted your payload. When you've done this, close the client so that you can adjust the payload in flight sim. Adjust your payload to match what FSA is giving you at 103kgs per pax/baggage plus any cargo. If you are using an aircraft in which you manually load fuel and then use the client to compare fuel, then adopt the same procedure and when the client has adjusted your payload then back out of the client and match the payload in your sim aircraft.

As a starting point for your fuel scalar, try doubling the current value. Perform the same flight but once in the cruise I would suggest you use a high sim rate until you reach BOD. After a couple of flights you should be able to home in on a more realsitic scalar value.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:25 pm

Ok so. I found the fuel scalar in the aircraft .cfg and will adjust it till I can find a more reasonable setting. maybe the problem with ther meljet isn't the fuel scalr per se, but the thrust, which seems unrealistically high when taking a loaded aircraft off.. I can reach 170ias in about 5000ft. Maybe I should play with it until I can ifnd a solution which I (and the client) like better.. lol

Thanks for the tips guys :lol:
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:29 pm

Well, for you to get to FL410 and even M0.79, I'll garuntee that he didn't have a full payload. A fully loaded 747-400 cannot get above ~35,000 feet with a full load of passengers and baggage, much less the maximum amount of cargo to fill the plane to MTOW with the fuel needed for that 7.9 hour flight.

When you operate an aircraft outside of its intended operating range for a given situation, you get bad data out. Even the stock 747-400 will not burn that little fuel unless there are major changes to the default conditions of the aircraft (full load of pax & cargo) that result in the aircraft being able to perform well outside of its normal operating range.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:19 pm

what part of an airfile do I have to adjust to give the aircraft a heavier load? I always thought the client was taking care of that...
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:53 pm

fs/aircraft/fuel and payload.Its not in the airfile.The fuel is done by the client so u only need to set the payload.
Yours Stan

PCD001
Flight Attendant

Post by PCD001 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Hi Brian,
You don't need to play with the air file - they are a pain to edit unless you have the right tools. Its the aircraft.cfg file you need to edit.

If using the Meljet - you should have a section in the Aircraft.cfg file that looks like this :-

Code: Select all

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
max_gross_weight = 875000                       // (pounds)
empty_weight = 510000                           // (pounds)

reference_datum_position     =  83.5, 0, 0      // (feet) distance from FlightSim Reference position: (1/4 chord, centerline, waterline)
empty_weight_CG_position     =  -90.5, 0, 0     // (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from specified datum

max_number_of_stations = 50

station_load.0 = 40000, -80.0,  0.0, 0.0        //Payload  Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
This shows there is 40,000lbs of payload loaded (just forward of the empty Centre of gravity position). You could try and increase this weight to something more realistic. In the example above there is enough room room for you to have 50 different items loaded all in different positions - When trying it just use one station load near to the C of G.
However when you start loading up the aircraft you have to be careful where you put the weight - too far forward and you'll never be able to apply enough elevator to lift the nose at take off - too far aft and the aircraft will sit on its @ss with the nose wheel in the air . . . keep it close to the CG position.

This little extract from a POSKY 747 will give some idea ( please note their reference datum is different but the weights should be good).:-

Code: Select all

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
reference_datum_position= 0.000, 0.000, 0.000
empty_weight_CG_position= 0.000, 0.000, 0.000

max_number_of_stations = 50

station_load.0 =  9720,-100.0,  0.0, -11.0        //Aft Bulk - Payload  Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.1 = 57500,  80.0,  0.0,   0.0        //LD aft   - Payload  Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.2 = 61000, -80.0,  0.0,   0.0        //LD fwd   - Payload  Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.3 =118307,   0.0,  0.0,   0.0        //Main Dk  - Payload  Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)
station_load.4 =  2640,  47.0,  0.0,  20.005434   //Upper Dk - Payload  Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)

empty_weight= 363473.000
empty_weight_roll_MOI= 9857983.000
empty_weight_pitch_MOI= 20732658.000
empty_weight_yaw_MOI= 31205473.000
empty_weight_coupled_MOI= 0.000
max_gross_weight= 877000.000
CG_forward_limit= 0.000
CG_aft_limit= 1.000
// station_load.0=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
If you search on Flightsim.com or Avsim.com file libraries, there are programs which will load your plane for you, if the Aircraft.cfg file is correctly formatted. Let me know if you need the files or file names. All the above is FS2002 . . . . .

Cheers now
Bob
----
The "New" Cheap Fuel Operator . & . 'T' Tail Fan !!