Spelling errors

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Spelling errors

Post by Miikoyan » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:53 am

Well sorry if I sound too picky - but it kind of annoys me when incorrect grammars are used when they can be fixed easily.

Currently, if you transport an aircraft, you get a message that sounds a lot like this one:

The transfer's costs were 24342 v$. Your aircraft reached KLAX Arriving at Jan 24, 16:49

I believe that that should be changed to:

The transfer cost was 24342 v$. Your aircraft will reach KLAX on Jan 24, 16:49

Huge thank yous to the admins and the programmer for making this program!

Fixed due to my own spelling error... you are SO picky, Brian.
Last edited by Miikoyan on Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

jch5pilot
Ticket Agent

Re: Spelling errors

Post by jch5pilot » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:40 am

Hello,

This may relate to the old days when aircraft transfers were instant. I would imagine it is a simple job to change the wording though.

I have noticed a few others as well here and there, but you can still understand what it says therefore it is not a problem a such. I can't quite remember where the ones I have seen are located, but I believe there is one in the client somewhere where 'klick' is used instead of 'click'.

James

Dave seventhree

Post by Dave seventhree » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:12 pm

[quote="Miikoyan"]Well sorry if I sound too picky - but it kind of annoys me when incorrect grammars are used when they can be fixed easily.

Currently, if you transport an aircraft, you get a message that sounds a lot like this one:

The transfer's costs were 24342 v$ etc etc.....

when you say it SOUNDS like this do you mean it reads like this.... i dont hear any audio sounds when a aircraft is in the transfer state :roll:

I do agree with you incorrrect grammar can be annoying

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:33 pm

Thanks for the hint. I changed the text to "Your aircraft reaches XXXX on ...".
If you find more grammatic or speeling mistakes, please tell us :-)
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:43 pm

hehe .... your getting picky about grammar yet your using incorrrect grammar to correct them.

it should have read:

the TRANSFER costs were xxxx..

Not the transfer's

*grin*

One other minor mistake is that "passengers" is spelled incorrectly in quite a few places as "passangers"

But who really cares? If the guys want to have a thread where we tell them what may be spelled wrong they'll let us know... I would hope? Do you guys want us nitpicking the grammar on the site when we notice something that could be adjusted?
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:46 pm

I think part of the problem is that Konny and Claudio aren't native speakers of English. You're going to have these problems when that's the case, especially if their computers are not setup to grammar check and spell check in English (which I'm doubting they are).

All we can do is point out where they've missed and how to say it right so they can fix it. :)

Although it doesn't help when you don't fix all of the errors either..... :) :) :)

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:31 pm

Well, grammar/spelling errors are easy to fix and each correction makes the site a little bit better. I think I already stated in some other threads that I'm grateful for every misspelling you find.

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:07 pm

Konny wrote:Well, grammar/spelling errors are easy to fix and each correction makes the site a little bit better. I think I already stated in some other threads that I'm grateful for every misspelling you find.
Not so annoying but when you are able you can correct also aircrafts with aircraft :)

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:15 pm

...and it would help a lot if you told me where you found the error ;-). Couldn't find any aircrafts on the website.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:02 pm

Konny.

Sorry for thinking that perhaps you guys didn't want to be corrected.. (maybe it's becuase my wife HATES when I correct her grammar all the time and I have gotten very sensitive in that area)... I will now forward everything I see and exactly where. Thanks for all the work you guys do for us! :lol: :lol:
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:33 pm

Konny sorry about that. I was still stuck at the old fleet page :)
I am too lazy to read what is written on the page and I am so used to do things like a robot I now realize that the page is "Fleets" now :p.