MD11F icao code showing two different things

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

MD11F icao code showing two different things

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:05 am

Hello.

In my fleet page we currently own two MD11 freighters. they are listed as "MD1F" as the identifier. We have just received the first of two additional MD11 frieghters and the icao code is "MD11" and not "MD1F". Is this a bug? There appears to be two different Icao codes for the same aircraft. I looked inside the "information" of the aircraft sent to us in our private traders list, and it appears to be the proper MD1F we ordered, but the icao is different.

Can anyone explain that one? perhaps a bug? Thanks guys! I won't actually buy this aircraft till this is clear in my mind! :lol: :lol:
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: MD11F icao code showing two different things

Post by flightsimer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:16 am

ive had this too... i would guess it just got changed and a system wide sweep wasnt performed...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:26 am

Hi,

Just looked at the info for the aircraft types and that shows MD11 for all variations of the MD11. A quick google shows that MD1F only seems to have been used at FSAirlines, all other official sites which have ICAO code listings show all variations as MD11. I'm guessing that someone changed it when it was realised it was wrong. Konny has just done a fix on the database and all references to MD1F have been changed to MD11.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:15 am

John,

That clears it up! Thanks!

I kinda wish it was the MD1F used becuase when I got to select a flight and I have both cargo and pax MD11's on the run... when selecting an aircraft, unless I know the registration numbers off by heart.. I now cannot tell which is cargo and which is pax. I guess that's something I'll have to fix within the routes, or my reg numbering. Thanks for the fix!
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:24 am

Hi Brian,

On the book flight page where you select the a/c, all the aircraft reg's are hyper-linked to their info page. Just hold your shift key down and select the reg to get the info open in a new window to see if it's pax or cargo.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage