Two problems with the client

Please report Bugs and Problems here
astalavista_thes
Ticket Agent

Two problems with the client

Post by astalavista_thes » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Hello,

i had two problems this weekend.
1) I book a flight and then when i go to the overview section of my VA, i see a red bullet near my name indeacted that i booked a flight. I start the flight but when i start descending the red bullet turns to green. When i land, i press the end flight button at the client but my flight isn't accepted. The client shows me a screen with three choices. i) Save flight data (or something like that) ii) Unload saved data iii) Delete saved data (it's the same screen that appears when the client is closed before you press the last next button that saves your flight). Whatever i choose the flight isn't being saved. I think that the system "unbook" my flight automatically when i start desc. This happened to my last 3 flights. Is this an-already-known bug? What i have to do?

2) I downloaded today the 1.1.4v client. When i write my username and my password i push the login button but this screen appears:

So i can't login. The problem is that i can't find anywhere the 1.1.3 version to test if the first problem still exists. I'm tottaly desperate....

Thanks!

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Two problems with the client

Post by Quantum » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Hi,

Locate the folder where you have the client installed and delete everything. Then unzip the new client v1.1.4 and place the client and sound folder into it and then if you have a shortcut ensure it points to the correct folder. Start the client, set your options and you should be good to go.

Regards,

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

astalavista_thes
Ticket Agent

Post by astalavista_thes » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:39 pm

Hello John,

i did so but the problem continues. I have also deleted the cookies of my browser but nothing changed. Do you know if the client save data to any system folder so i have to delete this data?

Thanks!

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi,

I'm not aware that anything gets saved anywhere else but in the folder the client resides in, try putting a fresh fsuipc.dll in your modules folder and see if that does any good.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

astalavista_thes
Ticket Agent

Post by astalavista_thes » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi,

something strange is happening. I installed it to my laptop and it connects successfully. At my desktop the problem goes on...
I deleted all the registry values that containes the value "fsairlines", i installed it again (with a fresh fsuipc installation) but nothing happened.

Regards,
Athanasios

astalavista_thes
Ticket Agent

Post by astalavista_thes » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Problem number 2 fixed!
=====================

The problem was the cookies being stored by the Internet Explorer web browser. I use mozilla firefox but it seams that fsairlines.exe uses some variables of Internet Explorer. I cleared this cookies and now i can login successfully. Now i am going to test if with this client the problem number 1 remains.

UPDATE:
========
Problem number 1 fixed too with the new client.

Thanks.