system mail not working?

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

system mail not working?

Post by Brian Peace » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:45 pm

I am getting e-mails that I have mail, but not seeing any in my inbox here on FSA.

One said we have a new applicant (which I can't see) and another was a long message from another CEO about a possible merger. I have received both via my home e-mail adress, but cannot see or do anything about either via FSA... any ideas what could be causing this?
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Re: system mail not working?

Post by Konny » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:56 pm

Well, guess it's time to pinpoint the reason for this problem. I just added that you get a message if a pilot quits your airline or cancels the application. Additionally, the name of the person is shown in the message now. So you should be able to find out if this guy really tried to join your airline and just quit, or if it was just a fake e-mail caused by a bug. And if it's a message from another user, can you please ask them if they really sent this to you?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

Alky
Ticket Agent

Post by Alky » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:33 am

I got a notice of a message at FSA but when I logged in there were no messages. As it turned out it was from Brian and I was able to read it in my browser mail.
George "Alky®" Fisher

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:52 am

The second message I did not recieve on FSA was sent by Rob_F of KONA AIR... it was not a pilot quitting or applying.. it was someone attempting to send me a message.

Thanks for adding that a pilot quit message... will that message show up if someone applies, then quits, without ever having been "accepted" into the va he applied for?
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Miikoyan
Chief Pilot

Post by Miikoyan » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:13 am

Konny wrote:I just added that you get a message ... or cancels the application.
I can confirm this because someone sent an application then canceled it and I got PM for it both.
GoUS Executive Chairman
World Alliance Board of Directors

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:06 am

I just got the following, when trying to SEND a message:

MySQL errno 1064
MySQL error You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't actually accept the partnership yet - the reason being I have not checked out ' at line 2
MySQL query INSERT INTO FlyNET_Msg (Sender, Acc, Text, Timestamp, ToUser_ID, FromUser_ID) VALUES ('Brian Peace', 'Trey Crum', 'We didn't actually accept the partnership yet - the reason being I have not checked out your routes yet. If we have any conflciting routes, or will end up creating conflicts... then it would not work. where are your main hubs and area of operations?

and partnerships increases the load factor on your planes on a codeshare route (for example, we could bump up ticket prices and the planes would still be reasonably full, on a codeshare route)', '1229576624', '13409', '7040')
Function Called from At line
0 stackTrace() /home/fsa_ftp/public_html/global_functions.php5 513
1 db_query() /home/fsa_ftp/public_html/global_functions.php5 234
2 SendMsg() /home/fsa_ftp/public_html/msg_send.php5 70
3 include() /home/fsa_ftp/public_html/index.php5 374

I hope the error code help you figure out what the problem may be. Thanks for all you guys do!
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:10 pm

The problem was that you used " ' " in your text ( didn't ). Guess that really was the reason why some messages didn't show up, because just a few days ago I changed it so this error-message is shown. Before, the message wasn't sent either but without error-notification.
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer