Cheating not true

Please report Bugs and Problems here
vikingur

Cheating not true

Post by vikingur » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:54 pm

Hello
I am CEO/DOA102 of Dongolio Air

I flew from Schiphol/EHAM to Dublin/EIDW last night on a 727-200F (Adv) and had 70% fuel when starting. I didn't buy any fuel and I flew with IFR all the way. After that I went to sleep and when I woke up today I saw this message: "One of your flights has been marked as cheated and got deleted. As a result the reputation of your airline was reduced. Pilot: Vikingur Hjartarson".

OK what happened there? Please tell me.

Vikingur

P.S. Why does the log say that I bought 5558kg of fuel? I had 70% fuel and didnt want to buy fuel at schiphol because its expensive there.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Cheating not true

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:26 pm

You either parked next to or taxied past a fueling point when you were on your way in at Dublin and it refueled your aircraft. This resulted in your flight report showing that you bought no fuel, used no fuel, and ended up with a full tank of gas (you started with 19,293kg aboard and ended with 27,279kg). What you see now is the result of us going in and fixing the report.

As we've said on the front page and in here several times, you must be viligent of these fueling stations and avoid them by as wide a margin as possible and do not park near them under any circumstances.

vikingur

Post by vikingur » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:37 pm

I didnt taxi to anything! I turned to a taxiway and stopped there.

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Well, where you stopped must have been near enough.

Especially if you have addon scenery, the location of the default refueling station can be in what would otherwise seem to be a completely illogical location based on what you see out of the cockpit and if the scenery is not setup to properly suppress the default fueling station, it will still refuel your airplane.

We have found no occasions where the client will detect the airplane completely refilling with fuel unless this is the case. In all other occurances where it's reported full tanks at the end of a flight due to other causes, it's recorded proper fuel consumption. Those occurances have been things like pausing during startup or shutdown, resetting the flight, or closing flight simulator prior to closing the flight in FSAirlines.

vikingur

Post by vikingur » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:17 pm

I dont have any addon scenery (exept for Faroe Islands but that far away as you know)
I just think its weird that a fueling station is 5 meters from the runway.. and its not very nice to have -10% rating for cheating when Ive never cheated!

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:53 pm

CAPFlyer wrote:Well, where you stopped must have been near enough.

Especially if you have addon scenery, the location of the default refueling station can be in what would otherwise seem to be a completely illogical location based on what you see out of the cockpit and if the scenery is not setup to properly suppress the default fueling station, it will still refuel your airplane.

We have found no occasions where the client will detect the airplane completely refilling with fuel unless this is the case.

I reported two distinct event of the same situation, taxiing no where near fueling stations, with photographs that show my taxi routes..., in another thread... with default scenery.... why do you say you've had no other reports of this problem????
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:58 pm

and so far - working for me - start client aftetr your aircraft is up and running engines on (park brakes on though) - then taxi and do your flight - then when you land taxi in and set park brakes - do not shut off engines, and end flight with client, so far no problems further for me... but if I shut the engines off at end of a flight it seems to automatically fuel me from time to time even in default scenery when the refuel depot is on the entire other side of the airport for some reason. Hopefully in a future client they can get it to block all fuel additions of any type before the flight is recorded... I mean if the client can add fuel... surely it can then block any more additions once "fly" is selected? I would hope so in the future :)
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

ruudopdeweegh
Flight Attendant

Post by ruudopdeweegh » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:25 pm

Brian Peace wrote:and so far - working for me - start client aftetr your aircraft is up and running engines on (park brakes on though) - then taxi and do your flight - then when you land taxi in and set park brakes - do not shut off engines, and end flight with client, so far no problems further for me... but if I shut the engines off at end of a flight it seems to automatically fuel me from time to time even in default scenery when the refuel depot is on the entire other side of the airport for some reason. Hopefully in a future client they can get it to block all fuel additions of any type before the flight is recorded... I mean if the client can add fuel... surely it can then block any more additions once "fly" is selected? I would hope so in the future :)
Finally the problem is recognised by others than me, but the staff wouldn't listen. But your solution might be a good one. I will close the client the way you explained and will see what happens.
Regards,
Ruud.