Passengers available at airport not refreshing

Please report Bugs and Problems here
Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Passengers available at airport not refreshing

Post by Brian Peace » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:43 am

Could you please go over this with us in detail as to how the whole system works? I was under the impression it was a daily reset yet I notice that over time the available pax slowly diminishes.. right to ZERO which is what TNCM is now at... wasn't this supposed to refresh itself daily?

If not can we have a general idea of when? Thanks guys!! :)
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Re: Passengers available at airport not refreshing

Post by Brian Peace » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:28 pm

EDIT: I see that it's actually refreshing, but the pax from it is very low... is there any chance the fabulous admins could have a look at this one? it's a tourist destination, and there's probaly 10 times the amount of tourist than the local population ... there are a LOT of daily flights and pax out of this airport..

Exceprt "Princess Juliana International Airport (IATA: SXM, ICAO: TNCM) serves the Dutch part of the island of Saint Martin. It is the second busiest airport in the Eastern Caribbean, after Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico. In 2005, the airport handled 1,663,226 passengers"...

Quick calculations show about 4672/day.

Can we see a bit of a bump for this major tourist airport in the amount of pax it can handle? A lot of VA's really enjoy flying there, as well as a major (and aweesome) scenery has been done for the place by FlyTampa... so it's extremely popular.

Thanks for the considerations! :D
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:00 am

Nothing on this after a week? Any news admins? Please??

Having an airport like this with an incredibly good scenery... and not having pax at it becuase it's so popular, seems to defeat the purpose of "fun" which has been promoted at FSA for so long.... can we please get this looked at or has it been looked at?

Thanks so much guys :D
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:03 am

I believe this is Joe's/Konny's department so it make take some time to fix it correctly as I am sure they are quite busy and in order to fix this would require a programming change.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:26 pm

I thinnk all they would have to do is change one line in the data, actually. The amount of "population" available at TNCM... becuase it misrepresents how busy the airport actually is (both in real life and the sim).

Patiently awaiting :)
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:58 pm

Brian,

Instead of making a general statement that really has no basis in fact "the system doesn't work", why didn't you come out an state that you thought that TNCM's passenger numbers were too low and ask for us to look at them?

The system seems to be working fine. I've not seen any airports at 0 passengers other than some smaller ones that had aircraft too large flying in and out and over serving the airport. TNCM was too small at a "Regional" level so I upped it to "Intercontinental" which is more reflective of its actual throughput.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:27 pm

CAP.

In my second post I realized the system WAS working. The system worked TOO good... actually. I've had pilots end up with no pax out of TNCM becuase there wasn't any available... so I have seen zero available pax a number of times... but just at tncm. Which is why I then suggested a fix. At first I thought the system for pax was not refreshing and that's why there was zero. I realized my mistake and asked you to look at it... but you don't seem to have read past post number 1.

In post 2... I corrected myself and asked for TNCM to be looked at..

And I did suggest for you to look at TNCM's pax numbers, and I even backed it up with an excerpt from a web source I found on the airports travel numbers..

Thanks for the fix! Keep up the good work! :D
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB