Flight cheat

Please report Bugs and Problems here
AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Flight cheat

Post by AlexiZ » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:56 am

Yeah, that's me again=)

I've got my first "flight cheat" mark in my carrier, hehe. I was just wondering why. I've studied several other topics, but they were all considering some sort of fueling problems. However my report says block fuel 11241kg. Maybe that happened, because I had 2 penalties on my flight?^^ Just joking bout that...

Here's the link:
http://fsairlines.net/index.php5?status ... 26&p=10045

Btw. The flight was marked "cheat" two days after it was made, right on my Birthday=))))

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: Flight cheat

Post by CAPFlyer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:51 am

As part of being "reviewed", the fuel consumption was recalculated. When originally posted, the flight showed no fuel was consumed.

AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Post by AlexiZ » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:32 am

Well, that is quite strange then, cos I don't have any idea how can you cheat on fueling=) Besides I prefer as real simulation as possible (apart from sim speed), so that must have been a bug. What shall I do to prevent it?

Stan
Chief Pilot

Post by Stan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:36 am

If you have reinstalled FS recently you may have "use unlimited fuel" option selected because i think that is the default setting. :lol:
Yours Stan

AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Post by AlexiZ » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:42 am

Nah, this option is automatically unchecked, when you set realism to hard level. I guess I have a clue. I had to finish that flight ASAP, so I clicked the "end flight" button before I have reached the gate and I have also forgotten to set the parking brake. But that's 10% off my rating, not 20... I hope this will be fixed

MaxGla

Post by MaxGla » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:20 pm

hi everybody, i'm new here and i got a 'flight cheat' on my flight MX7 from YBTL to YIFL... what should i do? i didnt cheated (i dont know how to cheat in fsx :? )

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:08 am

CAPFlyer wrote:As part of being "reviewed", the fuel consumption was recalculated. When originally posted, the flight showed no fuel was consumed.
why is it now that the flights get "cheated" when before the fuel was just fixed, and the company got their profit (if there where any) still
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:01 am

Max,

How do you account for not using any fuel on the flight?

Tyler,

The vast majority of users on FSA have no issues at all with their flights and fuel uplifts/block fuel are being logged correctly. When a flight records 0 kgs block fuel we have to take a look at the aircrafts records to try and determine what is going on. In most cases someone has had the sim in pause mode for refuelling or has taxied/parked near a refuelling point in the simulator. Simply recalculating the fuel charges is not enough as there is nearly always a lot more fuel left on the aircraft than there should be and that doesn't get charged for. Whether deliberate or by accident an 'unfair advantage' has been obtained and the flights get marked as such.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

MaxGla

Post by MaxGla » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:06 am

maybe it was because i was refueling at YBTL... i had only 10% fuel left & right, so i taxied to the refuel station and refueled.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:35 am

Hi Max,

That is the reason why your flight has been marked as 'cheat'. In FSA you are only allowed to refuel using the client application. If you subsequently use the flight sim refuelling stations or use Control X in flight to add fuel to your aircraft, this bypasses the client software and causes incorrect fuel to be accounted for.

Regards

John
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Quantum wrote:Max,

How do you account for not using any fuel on the flight?

Tyler,

The vast majority of users on FSA have no issues at all with their flights and fuel uplifts/block fuel are being logged correctly. When a flight records 0 kgs block fuel we have to take a look at the aircrafts records to try and determine what is going on. In most cases someone has had the sim in pause mode for refuelling or has taxied/parked near a refuelling point in the simulator. Simply recalculating the fuel charges is not enough as there is nearly always a lot more fuel left on the aircraft than there should be and that doesn't get charged for. Whether deliberate or by accident an 'unfair advantage' has been obtained and the flights get marked as such.

Regards

John
im just asking, because sometimes things happen... i was just asking why now its they get the flight cheat and loose there profits, but yet you go in and fix the fuel usage and before it was that it would get fixed and they would keep their profit or it got deleted... whats the point of fixing the usage, when really all you have to do in the first place is just take away the profits? it would also be nice so when the CEO's see these flights, that we know why it got "flight cheat", but how are we suppose to know why it was marked when everything looks ok... so maybe could we have a reason next to flight cheat?

what exactly do you mean by there would be fuel inside that didnt get charged for? wouldn’t the amount that the pilots put in be the amount that would be charged? were are talking about the fuel not being used not bought, so as long as the flight shows that fuel was bought, i dont understand why the flight should be given cheat and profit taken away after the usage being fixed. sometimes fuel doesnt even need to be bought.

like this flight from one of my pilots http://www.fsairlines.net/index.php5?st ... 711&p=4631 it doesnt say anywhere what happened so i asked about it... but fuel was bought, it just didnt show it being used for whatever reason. so i dont understand why it should of been marked "cheated" even though one thing wasnt counted, but then was fixed. he even bought more fuel than needed. the fuel ended up being taken out of the plane, just as if it was used so we got no advantage on the that flight that i see... i dont think, if someone was intending to cheat with the fuel, they would even buy it let alone more than what was needed...

also maybe you should check the pilots profile and see how many times that happened... if its happened alot then i would say they are doing it on purpose... but if its only the first time or first time in a lengthy amount of time, then i would say something happened that normally dosent, and it should just get fixed to be a normal flight.

but i was just wondering exactly why they loose their profits when the fuel consumption gets fixed and the fuel gets taken out of the aircraft and all that...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:51 am

Tyler,

Currently, we have no way of 'de-fuelling' an aircraft once the fuel has been added and logged. We are marking the flights as 'cheat' to try and get CEO's to pay attention to what their pilots are doing. 'Cheat' is the wrong phrase that we are currently using, I would rather it be 'Unfair advantage'. If you were to see the flight reports when the flight is completed then it is clear in the majority of cases why the flight has been flagged as 'cheat'. The most common 'unfair advantages' that we see are caused by incorrect fuelling by having the sim paused at start of flight, refuelling in mid-air (control X) or approaching a refuel point at an airport. This practise manifests itself by showing 0 kgs fuel used or a very low block fuel as well as a large amount of fuel left in the tanks. Currently we are looking at client changes so that people can't exploit these loopholes as well as 'auto-grounding' an aircraft if the flight gets flagged. If pilots pay more attention to their flight reports rather than looking at the bottom line profits on the flight then they can see why a flight has been flagged.

John
ImageImage

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:46 am

Quantum wrote:Tyler,

Currently, we have no way of 'de-fuelling' an aircraft once the fuel has been added and logged. We are marking the flights as 'cheat' to try and get CEO's to pay attention to what their pilots are doing. 'Cheat' is the wrong phrase that we are currently using, I would rather it be 'Unfair advantage'. If you were to see the flight reports when the flight is completed then it is clear in the majority of cases why the flight has been flagged as 'cheat'. The most common 'unfair advantages' that we see are caused by incorrect fuelling by having the sim paused at start of flight, refuelling in mid-air (control X) or approaching a refuel point at an airport. This practise manifests itself by showing 0 kgs fuel used or a very low block fuel as well as a large amount of fuel left in the tanks. Currently we are looking at client changes so that people can't exploit these loopholes as well as 'auto-grounding' an aircraft if the flight gets flagged. If pilots pay more attention to their flight reports rather than looking at the bottom line profits on the flight then they can see why a flight has been flagged.

John
ok, see i though, that since you were fixing the useage, you were also taking the fuel back out of the plane, which was why i didnt agree that it should be marked or anything taken away at all... ok that clears it up...
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Post by AlexiZ » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:43 am

Ok, another flight has been marked cheated... There is a possibility that it happened after I've parked the aircraft near refuelling station at the end of flight, but I guess FSairlines team could consider this moment. Say flight would not be flagged as cheated after touchdown. I remember now, we had a pilot who had almost every flight cheated (I think it was with the old client) and finally resigned. I'm not sure if he flies now...

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:38 pm

Hi,

Yes the flight would have been marked as cheat if you had parked or taxied near a refuel point. 'Cheat' is the wrong terminology currently being used as it suggest that the action was intended. I prefer to use the term 'Unfair Advantage' which means you got the fuel for nothing so you gained an advantage. I usually waive a 'first offence' and just recalculate the fuel. CEO's should monitor their pilots and work with them to ensure these things don't happen on future flights. Unfortunately just recalculating fuel does not remove the advantage completely as in 99% of times the aircraft still sits with full tanks so the flight gets marked as Cheat (read Unfair Advantage). A reduction in VA rep usually gets CEO's attentions.

We are working towards a solution regarding fuel usage including :-

Client not allowing a refuel if sim is paused
Client monitoring and logging of fuel states pre/post and during flight and noting any increases in fuel due to sim refuelling as opposed to client refuelling
Auto-grounding of aircraft on flights that are flagged for review/unfair advantage
Penalties for sim refuelling

Regards

John
ImageImage