Flight cheat

Please report Bugs and Problems here
DaveB
Flight Attendant

Re: Flight cheat

Post by DaveB » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:21 pm

Hi Chris..

Well.. I've been flying my butt off to get it back where it belongs :D

As for EGCC.. I use UK2000 and I honestly couldn't tell you if the autofuel area still exists. I did use DM's 'period' scenery for a while but started suffering being spit out as I turned off the runway. No one else seems to have suffered the same problem so I guess I have an afcad/traffic problem with it. FSNav never liked it either as I had ILS showing where there weren't any. No such problem with UK2000.
Francesco has published shots of his path from touchdown to parking and I can't see him near a refuelling point. That said.. he is using DM's EGCC even though his FSNAV shot shows 2 runways. I shall try and replicate Francesco's shot using the default scenery.. just to see where this darned autofuel point actually is.

I can't really issue a NOTAM for our pilots to avoid EGCC as this hasn't been an issue before but I will leave the thread open at CBFS so that pilots know there is one.. depending on where they park :wink: I honestly thought autofuel positions were overridden when addon scenery was placed above but perhaps this is not the case.

EDIT...
Chris.. I've removed UK2000 EGCC on another pc and found the 'default' autofuel point. If you look at the shot on CBFSVA that Francesco posted.. the default autofuel point coincides where DM's EGCC taxiway turns to the NW on that shot.. give or take a few yards or so. I've never been that far down that runway other than to takeoff!!
While I was under the impression that scenery 'above' default would completely mask it.. I'm now not so sure. How this problem will be circumnavigated is beyond me!

ATB

DaveB

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:57 pm

Unless the AFCAD associated with the scenery above removes the default refueling point, it will not necessarily be gone. DM's "retro" Manchester AFCAD (which I used to use) was not configured such to remove it. UK2000 should be. The way to do this is to put in an exclude area and/or flatten area for the scenery area. This will ensure that all default objects in the area will be removed. Most sceneries do this, but some don't, and that's where the problem seems to be arising.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:46 am

I've now had 2 flights in a row record as cheat... flights where I can clearly see the fueling point at the airports and went no where at all near it... (see attached picture) I sent an e-mail to admins yet I still lose rep, pilot rating, and cash... why such a hard solution to a problem???

Will the next client fix this problem? As a pilot it seems pointless to fly flights to --

1 - lose money
2 - lose rep
3 - lose my near perfect pilot rating becuase of 90%'s

As I stated in my unanswered as of yet e-mails - the last two flights where done by the book . Please reply to my e-mails instead of systemmatically dinging me with these penalties.

Flight marked cheated #1 CYXS - CYXY Aircraft B727-200F

Flight marked cheated #2 CYXY - CYXS Aircraft B737-200

Now you can see where I taxiied, and see where the fuel points are. I do NOT have pause on task switched on, I have done 500+ normal flights with FlyNET and FSA... this is the first time this has happened to me personally, but my pilots have been getting hung by it too.

Any chance this could be looked at diplomatically instead of with an iron fist of deductions please good admins? This isn't on my end... I've flown into these airports many times, with these same planes many times... and all of a sudden now I am getting hosed.... I have not chagned a single setting in my sim for over a year, let alone for these 2 flights :) thanks for your time..
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:53 am

I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but we're trying to find a fix for this. I am closing this thread and asking that no further discussion on this matter be brought up in the forum. It gains nothing for anyone to continue to see posts here of a problem that is known and that is being worked on. What we are doing now is the only method we currently have to deal with the problem until a fix can be found and implimented. John and I have made requests for additional options in the interim to deal with the problem and the development team are working hard to find out why FSAirlines is having this problem where FlyNET didn't. Until then, just please bear with us. As it is, for the most part people are only getting hit about once every 40-50 flights if that often, and thus the hit is very small and not really worth so much fuss over. It's a hassle yes, but guys, 5 points is NOTHING.