Flight cheat

Please report Bugs and Problems here
AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Re: Flight cheat

Post by AlexiZ » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:04 pm

I'll bear that in mind for my next flights. Hope you'll find the solution for the issue. Thanks for consultation=)

Regards

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:57 pm

Maybe the issue is with the sim loading fuel on board when you do not want it to. I know that when I shut my plane off anywhere near a fueling staion in FS... it decides to fill my tanks 100%... why I don't know it's silly and microsoft's problem, but is there any way you could make the client override that issue? FSUIPC and the client can see the fuel we have and load it correctly, so why can't it prevent any unwanted fuel until the flight has been recorded? something like that may solve a LOT of issues with innocent pilots getting frustrated... sometimes your favorite parking spot or the ONLY parking spot at an airport is right next to a refuel station.
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB
http://bcnorth.tripod.com/

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:57 pm

Brian, the problem is you're knowingly parking next to the station even though you've been told not to. I can sympathise that it might be your favorite spot, but it's not the only one and the point still is - we've said more than once on the forum not to park next to or even taxi past one while you're using the client, so you have no excuse for it.

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:23 am

Hey I'm not parking next to anything. I'm merely stating what's happeneing right now to one of our guys who doesn't know any better... all the info is on these forums but if you never visit them here... there really isn't that great of documentation concerning the use of the client for our guys. The problem that's going on with me right now is that the client is failing to upload a completed flight (that was good, and everything looked fine). I don't know why you jump on me for making a good suggestion... or asking a question...
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:26 am

and the one flight I did get docked, was from CYVR - CYCD (nanaimo) and the ONLY parking area is right next to the fueling station, unless you park on the runway (which you cant do on vatsim). I was merely making a suggestion for future client releases. You assume I don't read these forums or listen to the advice, well I do.... :)
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

WIF1073
Flight Attendant

Post by WIF1073 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:20 am

I have found that the refuelling station can be "invisible" at times - with some modified scenery (afcad mods usually) - the refuelling station is still there even though it doesn't show up visually or on FSNav map.

Cheers

Malcolm
Virtual Widerøe CEO

Brian Peace
Chief Pilot

Post by Brian Peace » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:26 pm

Malclom.

Is there a way to view where invisible stations may be? I've only had the issue once... but maybe if I can post some maps on my VA's own forums of where NOT to go.... it would help our guys... thanks!
MAINLAND PILOTS CLUB

WIF1073
Flight Attendant

Post by WIF1073 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:46 pm

I don't know of a way Brian, however I know very little about sceneries. I assume that exclude bgls would eliminate refuel spots but I really don't know. If there is a way to see these refuel spots that have been hidden by modified scenery I would love to know also.

Cheers

Malcolm
Virtual Widerøe CEO

vaccaro
Captain

Post by vaccaro » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:17 pm

Maybe with AFCAD you can see those fuel thingies

WIF1073
Flight Attendant

Post by WIF1073 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:11 am

vaccaro wrote:Maybe with AFCAD you can see those fuel thingies
Nope, I believe AFCAD doesn't display refuelling points at all.

If there is a way of getting AFCAD to display refuelling boxes I'd love to know it.

Cheers

Malcolm
Virtual Widerøe CEO

MadJosch
Flight Attendant

Post by MadJosch » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:22 pm

There seems to be another reason causing the client to think a flight was cheated. One of our VA's pilots expierenced in one of his last flights such a "cheat", causing the flight to be deleted. He chose a plane with much more fuel already containing than he needed for the flight. The client then refused to advance to the flight due to overweight. When the pilot lowered the fuel amount he could fly. But this in fact caused the problem: he obviously bought a "negative" fuel amount (because he had to "sell" some of the fuel already loaded in the plane).

Maybe you can check the client about this?

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:13 pm

Hi Guy's..

I've just had a pilot have a flight marked cheated and the airlines reputation suffered as a consequence.

Flight was CBF5331 EGPE-EGCC
Fuel bought 5603kg.. fuel used 2653kg
Pilot: CBF170

I can't see what the problem is. Timing is ok, fuel use is as expected for a One-Eleven, he actually bought and used fuel and he received no errors throughout the flight. He has no idea why the flight was flagged and at the moment, neither do I :?

ATB

DaveB

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:02 pm

You're seeing the flight report after I reviewed it.

From the "admin data", he started the flight with 1966kg. He bought 2950kg giving a total of 4916kg for departure. When he closed out the flight, the client recorded him as having 8229kg aboard (a full tank) and having burned 0kg during the flight. The data indicates he either taxied past or parked next to a fueling point when he arrived in Manchester.

DaveB
Flight Attendant

Post by DaveB » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:15 pm

OK Chris.. so where do we go from here??

I don't believe for one minute this was intentional and I have to say I'm a bit peeved the VA was hit! I don't mind reeling pilots in who've dropped a clanger.. you know this from being a regular on our forum but we are a multilingual setup and sometimes things get lost in translation.

In the meantime.. I'll get back to Francesco and attempt to find out where he went at Manchester.

ATB

DaveB

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:09 pm

Dave, the hit was 5 points and by the time the day is out (with the rate you guys are flying today) you'll be back to 120 easily. :)

Also, we're trying not to play favorites here. To get the recalculation to work and prevent there from being "free fuel" given to VAs, we have to mark them as "cheated". It's a 5 point hit, but VHA's been hit with it a couple of times as have others, so we just have to absorb it and move forward until a solution can be found as the big issue is that I don't believe there to be a way to effectively suppress the default refueling programming, so all that we can do is try to tell everyone to avoid the stations when they can, and if they can't, we'll have to see about some system to detect an "auto refuel" and correct it, but that's up to Joe, Claudio, and Konrad to come up with.