difficulty accessing website

Please report Bugs and Problems here
ALT2024
Flight Attendant

difficulty accessing website

Post by ALT2024 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:26 pm

Hi all

I have been trying for twenty minutes to reach my profile page on FS Airlines.net. Every time, my browser hangs. Sometimes I can log in and get as far as my VA's overview page; sometimes not even that far. When the browser hangs, and I've waited about 30 seconds, I click Refresh and I get a Windows pop-up box saying 'There was a problem with the request'. This does not happen with any other website - I have tried lots. It happens only with FS Airlines. Is the problem that there is simply too much traffic for the server?
Rob ALT2024/FRA101

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Re: difficulty accessing website

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:41 pm

It is simply an issue of traffic on the website. During certain peak hours when there are a lot of flight operating, the website can be slow to respond. Right now it looks to be fine.

ALT2024
Flight Attendant

Post by ALT2024 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:34 pm

I wouldn't worry if it was slow to respond. My problem is that it doesn't respond at all. I wait, nothing happens, I click refresh and I get the 'There was a problem....' pop-up. I click OK and repeat the above cycle ad infinitum. I still can't access the 'Buy ticket' page.
Rob ALT2024/FRA101

CAPFlyer
Chief Pilot

Post by CAPFlyer » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:36 pm

Hrm, that's something that Joe or Konrad will have to look at.

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:34 am

Hi,

FSA website has a few changes from the previous Flynet website. You will notice that the 'frame' of the page will load but the 'middle' remains blank for a while. From experience I have learnt to wait until the first page fully loads before you go clicking any other links in the side frames. Wait for each page content to load inside the frame before going further.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

jsiebert

Post by jsiebert » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:57 pm

Hi guys,

I've been having problems too. In my case I can not get to the "belongings" page. Well sort of. I get to the first page where I can see all the cars you can buy. When I select any other category like "electronics" etc, it tries to load the page, but all I get is the page sitting there and at the bottom of the screen it displays : Transfering data from www.google-analytics.com...

It will sit there indefinately.

Thanks

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Post by Quantum » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi,

I guess you are using Google Chrome to browse FSA ? I also use GC as I find it quicker than IE. I just tried what you are trying and my pages load fine. I also see 'waitng for google-analytics which I guess is their way or tracking your browsing.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

jsiebert

Post by jsiebert » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:54 am

Hi Quantum,

Sorry, I forgot to mention what I'm using. I'm using IE7 and Firefox 3.0.4 and with both I get the same result. All other pages of FSAirlines.net loads fine, only the "shopping" pages seems to have a problem. I've even tried it on 2 different laptops, and I get the same result.

jsiebert

Post by jsiebert » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:14 am

Quantum,

I've just installed Google Chrome, and I still can't access those pages. It just sit there with a blank screen.

JJ