Client crashes

Please report Bugs and Problems here
AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Client crashes

Post by AlexiZ » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:17 am

Hello everybody!
I wish I never had to visit this thread, but anyway...

Recently I had series of client crashes, bugs as well as problems with FS. Constant troubles got me to the point when I just decided to completely delete FS and install it again. What is noticable is that I NEVER, even once had a single problem with the old (turksim version) client. That makes me think that my PC is alright and is rightly configured.

Now to the point. Today I tried to make my first flight after reinstalling FS using FlyNet client. I have unchecked all points in options menu, in order to avoid any possible bugs. I have also unchecked that option in FS, that pauses the game when you hide the window. I also didn't use any real-time weather effects. To tell the truth it was kindda pre-flight checklist for me=) I have made several offline flights just to check if there were any problems with the very simulator. As they say: "Checked and set on". During startup and taxi I haven't noticed any signs of bugs. So... clear for takeoff... V1... Vr... nose up... gear up... V2... flaps up... on the route. I have climbed up to 15000ft, when the client crashed.

I couldn't find any solutions here, so, I do ask for help. I just don't want the repeat of the last week, when I flew 6-7 times a day trying to reach my destination, but without any result only spending time and nerves...

I use:
Flight Simulator X
FSUIPC4 v4.30
Wilco 737

And I run WinXP

Thanx in advance for help!

Quantum
FSAirlines DB Admin

Re: Client crashes

Post by Quantum » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:30 am

Hi,

Are you using any add-on scenery in the area you are flying? There have been persistant little bugs that some people have had with client/sim crashes and have been tracked down to rogue afcads/scenery. I know you have re-installed, but you may have added your scenery back in. Try a flight with your add-on scenery disabled (if you have any active) and see if you still have problems. Also try flying in a different area if you can and see if the problem is still there when you move location. You say the client crashes, but does the sim keep running? If the sim crashes it may cause the client to crash so it could be either causing the other to crash. Have you got another aircraft you could try using in the sim ? Did it happen on any particular event e.g. did you go outside to spot view to look around? I personally have had problems in the past and it was caused by a soundset in an aircraft that disagreed with my sim and caused the sim to lock. All sorts of things to think of, I know, but the more info we have the better.

Regards

John
CEO - Classic British Flight Services
Classic aircraft on Classic routes
ImageImage

AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Post by AlexiZ » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:02 am

I don't use any add-on scenery files, as there are quite few of them all in all, and you almost get nothing for the region where I fly (Russia and Kazakhstan). So, no problems at this point... I might try flying in some other areas, but I guess it won't help. However I'll ask our crew to deliver a VIP craft for me to... say EGLL=) The sim itself doesn't crash. Besides there's a nice function in the client that returns the flight to "booked" state if the crash happens. I could also try flying LEVEL-D 767. Guess I need to speed up with Ops Manual studying;) On the flight I had "clean" weather - no rain, almost no wind, no clouds... well, that's the basic weather conditions you get for your flight in the sim. I also haven't been doing any "dangerous" actions, like looking around or moving inside the cabin. I guess there was only one thing I can link with the crash. It happened in about 15 seconds after I've set on VNAV and LNAV modes.

I will make several attempts tomorrow, starting with running engines on the runway and putting not more than 6 waypoints in FMC as it takes time. It upsets me the most in fact, when I realise that I have to make all these procedures again...

Regards,
Alex

AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Post by AlexiZ » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:02 pm

I made 5 flight attempts over the last 2 days, 3 of them were successful. First I thought, that there might have been a problem, when the client crashed if I loaded it AFTER starting a flight in the sim. However this turned out not to be the problem. Maybe that was some sort of a random bug...

Regards

AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Post by AlexiZ » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:24 pm

Well... I guess my story isn't over yet=( I have completely re-installed FS 2 days ago and today the client crashed when I was on glideslope. But... I have an idea, what may have provoked the bug. Yesterday I had a flight, which I had to end urgently. I've launched the taskbar and "killed" the fsx.exe process. The client went back to the pre-flight condition and I could leave without getting any penalties for not completing a flight. I know, that's kind of cheating, but we all do sometimes face situations that are beyond our powers...
So... could this (shutting down the sim in an uproper way) affect the FSairlines client?

AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Post by AlexiZ » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:44 am

I think I figured out the other possible problem. Client sometimes crashes, when I switch frequencies without waiting pilot to confirm the data. E.G. The plane is approaching the RW, dispatcher at DMD-Approach gives the approach details, if you switch to DMD-Tower BEFORE the pilot has finished saying out (confirming) the details the client crashes. Maybe that's FSUIPC freeware version issue?

AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Post by AlexiZ » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:27 pm

Today I've got another crash on the turning point during the route. I had x4 sim rate. That might be an issue aswell.

MitchelKLM
Ticket Agent

Post by MitchelKLM » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:16 pm

I have the same problem but I dont know why...

It happens when I cruise ,takeoff , taxi...(almost every flight state)

I dont know why ???
can anybody help?????????????? :(

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:09 pm

Can you give us a screenshot of the error message you get when the client crashes? Or is it just not responding anymore?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

ivan93
Ticket Agent

Post by ivan93 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:48 pm

j have the same problem and j don't know what's happening with this,flynet system was better :cry:
Davidovic Ivan
Eastavia director
Join us on http://www. eastavia. com
"Fly with smile,fly with Eastavia"

AlexiZ
Ticket Agent

Post by AlexiZ » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:09 pm

I've reinstalled my Windows recently and now everything works just fine. That must have been some random bug with drivers/programms or whatsoever... I could only recommend the same to other pilots having these problems. Btw even Xgraphics has installed normally this time, cos I had some issues like dissapearing gates.

To ivan93
I can't say FlyNet was better, it just worked more stable as it was run for a longer period of time. But I really appreciate the input of the FSairlines team, people, who never stop developing the project. So, thank you, guys!

ivan93
Ticket Agent

Post by ivan93 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:14 pm

J have the same problem in ils approach my client were crashed LYBE-LDDU with boeing PMDG 737-800 j don't have any addons scenery!What j need to do,j had re-install flight simulator 2004 and again j have same problem,j can't fly for my company so please can you do something!

Thank you for patient
Davidovic Ivan
Eastavia director

Konny
FSAirlines Developer

Post by Konny » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:17 pm

Do you have this problem with short flights, too, or only longhauls?
Konrad - FSAirlines Developer

ivan93
Ticket Agent

Post by ivan93 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:27 am

with short and with long flight,during the flight everybody is OK but when j come to ils or glide slope,client crash,in the saturday j had to fly from Lybe(Belgrade) to Kenya(HKJK) and in ils app client were crashed and 6 hours of my flight was gone!
Davidovic Ivan
Eastavia director

ivan93
Ticket Agent

Post by ivan93 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:01 pm

gays do you know what j need to do? :D
Davidovic Ivan
Eastavia director