Side bar advert placement

Please report Bugs and Problems here
selwynorren
Ticket Agent

Side bar advert placement

Post by selwynorren » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:19 pm

Silly question here, well maybe!

I have just tried to place a side bar advertisement, typed teh text, place advert, etc process all undergone. After a few clieck it goes back to the default advert placement screen. Under side bar adverts it still said, no advert placed, I di it again, same result, loged out, and then back in, did it again, still teh same result, only to realise that I have lost a huuuuge junk of my hard earned cash :shock: :? :cry: :cry:

Can someone please explain what happen, what I did wrong, hey even better yet, pleaseee remove the ad bookings if they actually did take place and refund some money. Ill pay an ad cancellation fee gladly :D

Any Advise?

Cheers

Airline ID: 4201

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Re: Side bar advert placement

Post by flightsimer » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:43 am

well you bought 3 ads... im guessing your seeing mine (North Eastern Airways) I got a 5hr one, so yours wont show until mine is done, and if there are people ahead of you then theirs too... if it says its been added successfully, then it has, but it wont show up right away
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways

selwynorren
Ticket Agent

Post by selwynorren » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi Tyler,

I meant that if you click on advertrisement on teh left hand side it will show two ad placement options. One for login ads and one for side bar ads.

The opton for side bar ads shows this "no ads placed" thats why I did it again, thinking that the ad placement did not successfully go through, same issue again, then teh third ad placement. I logged in a few moments ago and it still sho "No ads placed".

I understand the ad placement will be accroding to purchase order (first come first server basis) but If the control to purchase ads says that no ad is placed, then my money should be refunded.

All I am saying, is that after the purchase went throught teh control panel said that no advert had been placed. Meaning teh sale did not fo through. But to my disapointment the sale did go through, three times, without my knowledge. I do not intend to have placed three times. I was just trying to get it place once.

But that was way too long winded. I just wanted to get my point accross. :mrgreen:

Anyways, It is my own fault for not checking the money movement on my account and not picking teh error up sooner.

Chat later

alasizon
FSAirlines DB and Wiki Admin

Post by alasizon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:46 am

They are not placed in a first come first server order but in order of duration. Lowest first, lowest replacing the longer ones when they are posted.
Matt-FSAirlines DB Admin

selwynorren
Ticket Agent

Post by selwynorren » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:23 am

Thanks Sir,

I was not aware of that. I have come to accept the fact of the ad purchases, and I suppose, ads cant do me any wrong hey? I was and still am concerned about the way tis all took place.

Thanks to everyone who shed liht on teh matter. Valubale insight was learnt. Hopefull I wont make the same mistake again :D

Cheers

flightsimer
Chief Pilot

Post by flightsimer » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:02 pm

selwynorren wrote:Thanks Sir,

I was not aware of that. I have come to accept the fact of the ad purchases, and I suppose, ads cant do me any wrong hey? I was and still am concerned about the way tis all took place.

Thanks to everyone who shed liht on teh matter. Valubale insight was learnt. Hopefull I wont make the same mistake again :D

Cheers
no they cant, ive gone from just me flying to two other pilots (third was impatient and quit) since the site turnover
Owner/CEO
North Eastern Airways